Hot Toys 1/6 Hoth Leia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine just arrived from Sideshow...

39615097885_899ee8e528_c.jpg

40467800412_0b1d386b7b_c.jpg

25639859757_6209de0c22_c.jpg

Thinking it has to be a glue issue. Perhaps fluctuating temperatures during shipment. Just an idea.

How did these spots even happen and pass quality control? It looks like they’re all on or near seams - I wonder if they got cut wrong?

They're tailoring marks from a fabric pen, which the factory neglected to clean off. Maybe in the rush to get product out the door prior to the Chinese New Year.

Any idea how the factory removes them?

Rubbing alcohol/surgical spirit has been proved to remove them without leaving any trace or smell.

Lee at TheGoodTheBadAndTheRobots was doing it for his customers, but it took longer than he expected. So after the first batch he decided he would return them instead. He found that dots on the boots could be wiped off without the surgical spirit.

Well this is just great. Not sure I would purchase this off of eBay anymore, like in 6 months to a year from now.

This might change my plans as I wouldn't feel great purchasing from any retailer other than SS or BBTS.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Hot Toys nailing the likeness on both Leia sculpts but letting us all down with the outfits (although this is qc related).

Mine shipped from KG Hobby yesterday. I'll check as soon as she gets here and let you know if their stock has a problem also.

Picking up mine after work...fingers crossed. Has anyone contacted SSC for a return due to this issue?

I opened mine yesterday and did not see any blue dots... didn't do an exhaustive search, but seems like if there were any they would have stuck out. Mine was an exclusive from Sideshow.

I got mine yesterday. I didn’t fully take her out of the box, but she seemed fine after a first glance. I can’t wait to take her out and strategically place her on my shelf so my husband doesn’t notice her. He doesn’t know about her yet.

I got mine yesterday. I didn’t fully take her out of the box, but she seemed fined after a first glance. I can’t wait to take her out and strategically place her on my shelf so my husband doesn’t notice her. He doesn’t know about her yet.

Funny, 99.9% of the time it's the other way around. Enjoy!

Back