1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Captain Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting those pics with the ankle extenders Omega9300, it makes a world of difference seeing her next to Cap. Takes her from 17 year-old teenage Marty Mcfly height to actual female superhero height. I'm definitely going to do the same for CM and my G1 Gamora and the G2 whenever that finally comes out.

I've also displayed Jedi-training Rey back-to-back with Kylo Ren for the Snoke Throne room look and noticed a huge difference when I removed the ankle extenders from Kylo and popped Rey's boots out of the ankle sockets and just have them resting in the boots. Adding these extenders to Rey will help even them out for the look from that scene as well.

Wish the extenders could be used for Shuri because she looks like a 12 year-old child next to BP, but I don't think her shoes/boots are detachable or would have the same coverage as boots that cover the calves/shins.

67953526_10156413690852344_6157453531465908224_n.jpg

If you check her height vs the figure, Shuri is oversized actually.

Shuri - 29cm vs actress height 1.65m (overscaled by 5.4%, no heels)
BP - 31.5cm vs actor height 1.83m (overscaled by 3.3%)
Captain Marvel - 29cm vs actress height 1.7m (overscaled by 2.4%)
Black Widow - 28cm vs actress height 1.6m (overscaled by 5%, but includes heels)
Mark 50 - 32cm vs actor height 1.74m (overscaled by 10.3%)
Thor - 32cm vs actor height 1.9 (overscaled by 1.1%)
Captain America - 31cm vs actor height 1.83 (overscaled by 1.6%)

If you check her height vs the figure, Shuri is oversized actually.

Shuri - 29cm vs actress height 1.65m (overscaled by 5.4%, no heels)
BP - 31.5cm vs actor height 1.83m (overscaled by 3.3%)
Captain Marvel - 29cm vs actress height 1.7m (overscaled by 2.4%)
Black Widow - 28cm vs actress height 1.6m (overscaled by 5%, but includes heels)
Mark 50 - 32cm vs actor height 1.74m (overscaled by 10.3%)
Thor - 32cm vs actor height 1.9 (overscaled by 1.1%)
Captain America - 31cm vs actor height 1.83 (overscaled by 1.6%)

I am not going to dispute your numbers soltari.

However when looking at some of these female figures relative to the size of some of the male figures they seem too small when you consider how the height differences appeared in the films for instance. Black Panther and Shuri:

Attachments

• EFEF103E-1F97-4F89-AC72-5EDD1BC18598.jpeg
    EFEF103E-1F97-4F89-AC72-5EDD1BC18598.jpeg
    87.8 KB · Views: 252
  • 8D53B35D-A520-41CE-9870-390006DB0884.jpeg
    8D53B35D-A520-41CE-9870-390006DB0884.jpeg
    23.8 KB · Views: 252
  • CFCC9F41-EE38-4E62-8146-1D623E3DC05C.jpg
    CFCC9F41-EE38-4E62-8146-1D623E3DC05C.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 252
Did anyone get yet another delay email from Sideshow the past few days? I’m now due on the 20th of July for my final payment... I won’t hold my breath based on previous form with this figure... the constant delay is baffling

was lucky to be included June's batch (small batch maybe) since i got mine recently. looks like they're unable to get them in container-full numbers like they used to...

To all those brave souls like myself, who have her in a flight pose with one knee bended...

That knee is NEVER repairing itself.

Fjca5Mp.jpg

iQaiWYh.jpg

I put it back into a relaxed position overnight, as I was messing about with her flight stand.

So, if you're gonna stretch the suit, own it, as there's no going back.

I accept this, as she was born to fly.

To all those brave souls like myself, who have her in a flight pose with one knee bended...

Fjca5Mp.jpg

iQaiWYh.jpg

I put it back into a relaxed position overnight, as I was messing about with her flight stand.

Thanks for the heads up and good advice. How bent did you have the knee? Do you have any pics? I?m planning on a flight pose as well.

I PO?d on day one from SS and fully paid her off in May. Still waiting for any updates...

It blows my mind that this still hasn't been shipped out to so many people, myself included. I wonder what the problem is. Director Krennic was released after Captain Marvel and already had a much wider release. I don't get it.

And honestly, the more pictures I see about suit restrictions and damage, the more I want to cancel this figure. I don't want to cancel the figure but I feel as though I'm losing interest knowing it's going to come with issues. I'd kind of rather buy John Wick instead.

Thank God I museum pose all my figures.

But to those who like to action pose... the constant issues these expensive collectables throw up in how you want to display them is ridiculous... You pay good money to collect what you like but are limited in the way you would like to display them. It infuriates me.

I decided to copy The Buffinator and add ankle extensions to add some height. I went with one size smaller than he did but I am extremely happy with the result.
Exactly what size pegs did you use and where did you get them? I plan on posing he next to Cap in my display and that height disparity is going to drive me bananas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, my Captain Marvel arrived today and I am very happy about this figure!

Great photos Omega!!! I'm glad you're happy with the figure!! :) It's marvelous!!!!

In so many pictures I have seen I this forum of this figure I really liked the overall look of the figure except her size relative to other figures, she just appeared to be too short. So I decided to copy The Buffinator and add ankle extensions to add some height. I went with one size smaller than he did but I am extremely happy with the result.

Below I will post pictures of Captain Marvel next to Captain America (CW) for comparison:

First two pictures without extenders , the third and fourth pictures she has the extenders. The difference is not huge but it is noticeable, so now she seems to be more of an appropriate height as she appeared in the movie.

She does indeed look better with the extenders!

Fjca5Mp.jpg

iQaiWYh.jpg

Honestly those wrinkles don't look like something you wouldn't see on a real leather suit anyway. And her suit in that movie wasn't exactly skin-tight.

Hmm, those wrinkles don't look too bad, if anything I think it looks natural in your picture. Plus most is in the back of the knee, and if it doesn't end up getting legitimately damaged/torn, I think it'll hold up fine. As davejames mentioned her suit in the film looked to have a fair amount of wrinkles given how loose it fit her. :D

Back