1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Captain Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soooooooooooooo, I had gotten two additional deluxe sets from HK about a month and a half back (haven't completely unpacked them yet lol), and I've recently received my two regular versions from PCZ! Now I'm just (im)patiently waiting for my four other deluxe PO's to arrive hopefully next month :impatient:

:monkey3

Soooooooooooooo, I had gotten two additional deluxe sets from HK about a month and a half back (haven't completely unpacked them yet lol), and I've recently received my two regular versions from PCZ! Now I'm just (im)patiently waiting for my four other deluxe PO's to arrive hopefully next month :impatient:

:monkey3

You bought 8 Captain Marvels???

Welllllllllllllllllllll, I had six on PO (two regular and four deluxe), but I ended up getting three deluxe's from HK because I was so eager, and now I'll end up with nine in total :thud:

200.gif

Damn dude, I wish I had your disposable income...

I?m pretty sure for Zurdo, his CM HTs are right behind food and shelter and qualify as needs for him. 😆

I am very excited to get her in soon! I bought the deluxe version but plan on selling the jacket. I know I?m never going to display her this way. I love the helmet but will mostly use the HS. It?s too good not to. 😊

May I ask why so many?

Thanks King for capturing the collective reaction of the entire board. Zurdo...I echo the question: "Why nine Captain Marvels"? :)

ANSWER: Because he can, mutha hubbard.

SECONDARY REFLECTION: Damn....save some for the rest of us

Well for me, for figures I really, really like, I get multiple copies of, two maybe three. However for this Captain Marvel figure I went way overboard! My seeming perennial enthusiasm for Captain Marvel comes into play as well :) Of course I pick (mostly) carefully what I collectibles I want, so I anticipate most of my figures and spread out my allotted interests. :) In this case I covered for my six PO's over a period of time, but bought the three delux's from HK out of eagerness! :)

Short answer: I just LOOOOVVVEEEEEE Captain Marvel!!! I neeeeeeddddd all the Captain Marvel goodness I can get!!!!! :peace :peace :blissy :love

Damn dude, I wish I had your disposable income...

Haha don't say that lol It's more about strategic planning, but I am grateful I'm able to collect what I can.

I?m pretty sure for Zurdo, his CM HTs are right behind food and shelter and qualify as needs for him. 😆

I am very excited to get her in soon! I bought the deluxe version but plan on selling the jacket. I know I?m never going to display her this way. I love the helmet but will mostly use the HS. It?s too good not to. 😊

:rotfl :lol :wink1:

In over ten years of collecting, this figure is the first time i've felt like this: i'm so sick of waiting for this figure, i have zero interest in it. I can't wait to finally get it so i can resell it and forget about it. It's not a fun feeling about the hobby. Anybody else ever have that?

In over ten years of collecting, this figure is the first time i've felt like this: i'm so sick of waiting for this figure, i have zero interest in it. I can't wait to finally get it so i can resell it and forget about it. It's not a fun feeling about the hobby. Anybody else ever have that?

I was also very frustrated waiting for this figure, but in light of all the things going on globally I just decided to wait and figured it would eventually arrive. When I did receive mine I was very happy with the figure. If you are feeling so much negativity towards this figure maybe it would be best to just cancel your order.

Why did you preorder it then?

My dad lost 2 friends to coronavirus. Manufacturing, docks labor, shipping..everything is being impacted globally.

I have been waiting almost 3 years for Gamora, but I am not going to get it and resell it because it took longer than expected to get a doll I am going to stick in a shelf anyways? No, this is a hobby of patience. Has been for awhile.

Just putting your frustration in perspective that its not like from the age of 30 to 33 your suddenly going to change hobbies. If these were toys meant for 4 year olds, and now they are 7 years old...okay...I could see delays having a more meaningful interest.

Okay, no, I'm sorry, I'm not saying this is bigger than COVID-19 or that it is SOMEONE'S fault that the figure has taken so long to be delivered. I'm not even irritated with it, much less in the context of world events, I'm more disappointed in myself for losing interest and NO LONGER having the patience.

I would never cancel a preorder, that's a jerk thing to do, to any company, but especially the smaller stores I choose to buy from.

I preordered it right after seeing the film for the first time. Maybe its just not having watched it again, or not having an avengers related film coming. It's been a waiting game in the hobby for probably the last ten years, i get it. This is the first time, amongst all the waiting for so many figures, that i've no longer got interest.

Its not anyone's fault, not Hot Toys or China or whoever, i'm not minimizing the troubles in the world, just expressing a sentiment of disappointment and wondered if anyone felt the same. That's all. Don't cancel preorders. Support small shops. Wear a forking mask. That's it.

I have cancelled pre-orders. One time it was financial reasons, the other was the final product was not what was expected. Both times I lost my initial deposit, so its fair to both parties, and I did not argue to try and get that deposit back.

If you put a deposit amount down, and cancel your pre-order without expectation of getting your deposit back, then that is what I would consider a fair situation for both parties and one I would not critize anyone for.

This figure looks nice but she?s the worst actual action figure we have had in a while. The lack of articulation on the ankles kills the fun. Which is a shame as there?s no need for the boots to have such hard plastic.

Has anybody done anything here? I cannot help but feel if you cut into the boot a little you could get some movement there.

Back