1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Captain Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the OSK versions are higher quality (better ball joint fit), but these other ones work OK.

I thought so as well. What's odd is that the knee joint is actually toward the bottom of the knee pads. The pad positioning (at least on mine) makes the calves seem longer than they actually are.

Thanks Buffinator, I just ordered a set!!!

And thanks for the picture, seems exactly like what I want regarding adding some height to that figure!

As far as the knee pad thing, I seem to recall a similar issue with another figure I have. I think it was with my Civil War Black Widow.

Thanks Buffinator, I just ordered a set!!!

And thanks for the picture, seems exactly like what I want regarding adding some height to that figure!

As far as the knee pad thing, I seem to recall a similar issue with another figure I have. I think it was with my Civil War Black Widow.

No problem, glad to help. You're correct about the CW Black Widow knee pads, and the AoU BW has them like that as well. In retrospect I suppose it makes sense with those hard plastic pads, otherwise they'd probably limit articulation and/or pop off quite easily.

Carol is in the house! Here's a quick pic in a rather neutral pose:

View attachment 486453

This is actually my deluxe order from Sideshow - my regular version from PCZ (along with Punisher War Machine) should be arriving tomorrow. When that comes I'll set it up with the BL sculpt & leather jacket. BTW, I added ankle extensions which IMO makes her look the appropriate height (although she already looked as tall or taller than my BWs, Gamora, Maria Hill, Scarlet Witch, etc.). I used the ones which are the third from the left in the photo below, which fit snugly in her shoes without use of an additional ball joint (this effectively made them 1/2" extensions, but I didn't have those available). Using these raised the ball joints to the top of the shoes, allowing for greater range of motion. Note that the pegs in CM's legs seemed to be glued in place, so replacing them with longer pegs didn't appear to be an option.

View attachment 486458

Here's a quick comparison shot:

View attachment 486466

I should mention that the ball joint fit on my adapters is a bit loose. You may need to put a piece of tape or fabric in there so it's a tighter fit.

Awesome, Buffinator!!! Glad you're happy with the Captain :) The ankle extenders do make her look a bit better, so cool of you to go for it.

Buffinator those ankle extenders are a great idea! I will most definitely be picking up a few sets for Captain Marvel and Hela. Thanks for the reminder for those. Today I just completed my Captain Marvel shelf today by finally getting in the Toys Era skrull set with a Pop Toys x27b suit set. cm n talos2.jpg

Buffinator those ankle extenders are a great idea! I will most definitely be picking up a few sets for Captain Marvel and Hela. Thanks for the reminder for those. Today I just completed my Captain Marvel shelf today by finally getting in the Toys Era skrull set with a Pop Toys x27b suit set.View attachment 486554

Nice setup! What a fun addition of having Talos in your display!

Thanks man. Yea I used to never get third party things because I didnt think they would look decent enough next to hot toys figure. Then got a few things that actually compliment hot toys well. I'm sure hot toys will make a skrull at some point, but until then the toys era set works perfectly.

Buffinator those ankle extenders are a great idea! I will most definitely be picking up a few sets for Captain Marvel and Hela. Thanks for the reminder for those. Today I just completed my Captain Marvel shelf today by finally getting in the Toys Era skrull set with a Pop Toys x27b suit set.View attachment 486554

Nice Talos! What body did you use for him?

Maybe if Toys Era would make another generic Skrull sculpt it will allow one of the creative folks on this forum to put together a Super Skrull ...that would be cool!!

Hello,

Can someone please help me. This was my first time getting a Hot Toys figure with light up features and I am unable to unscrew the screws for the arms. They need a phillips head. Does anyone have a recommendation on what brand to buy? Any on amazon you recommend?

Thank you

Hello,

Can someone please help me. This was my first time getting a Hot Toys figure with light up features and I am unable to unscrew the screws for the arms. They need a phillips head. Does anyone have a recommendation on what brand to buy? Any on amazon you recommend?

Thank you

Did she not come with a screwdriver? They usually provide a little one in the small clamshell with the batteries. I?m still waiting on mine so I can?t confirm though, but I?m sure someone on here will.

Did she not come with a screwdriver? They usually provide a little one in the small clamshell with the batteries. I?m still waiting on mine so I can?t confirm though, but I?m sure someone on here will.

The only thing they provided was a clear plastic thing. But it needs a phillips head for the tiny screws. No screwdriver was provided.

Back