1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Captain Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed. There was a natural warmth to her that hasn’t really been that present in the MCU. I have no idea what people are complaining about.

Agree totally - I found her warm and humorous throughout the movie. The baseball cap thing, interacting with the Rambeaus, etc. all made her feel like a real person.

I think some of the comments from the actress has tainted how the performance was perceived, which I do understand. There are actors I can’t watch because of what they’ve done or said outside their roles - Bill Cosby, Mel Gibson, etc.

I also hated The Last Jedi with the heat of a thousand suns, though, and I hate it that you can’t say a word against the movie without being accused of racism, sexism, etc. (I love strong female characters and don’t care about the race of the protagonist, etc. but *****ing despise that movie).

Captain Marvel has problems as a movie - poor choice of music for some scenes, generally badly shot\edited action sequences, humor that sometimes falls flat, etc. I personally was disappointed in the refugee skull stuff, didn’t love Annette Benning, thought Ronan was poorly used and had a few other complaints but had a good enough time (I saw it a second time this week; for the record, the theater was completely filled - not an empty seat - on a 1:30 matinee showing).

Toy related: I so love her comic version visually and like the movie look even better, do the figure was an EASY buy for me. I don’t for a second think they will add her sash; while it looks nifty on the page, I just can’t see it happening on screen.

If they do another version for Endgame, I’ll buy that one too. :)

So at the art show thing I mentioned previously, they played with the sash a lot as you can see in the concept art book but they eventually settled on "No sash." It's the same people working on endgame so I don't think we'll get the sash in endgame, if ever.

The sash looks great in the artwork but I can see how it might look a bit odd and out of place on the actual costume, with its futuristic, high-tech style. And I'm also not sure it would fit her personality that well either, at least the Carol we saw in this movie.

They have to do the sash, it just completes her look. And if they make a reason for it existing like for example to commemorate a fallen ally, all the better

Maybe she will make it from Thors cape if he doesn't make it

I hope that Thor will make it and still appear in a few more movies. :pray: I can see the potential chemistry between Thor and Captain Marvel. Since Thor can also survive in outer space, there is flexibility to write team-up stories based on earth and outer space.

I hope that Thor will make it and still appear in a few more movies. :pray: I can see the potential chemistry between Thor and Captain Marvel. Since Thor can also survive in outer space, there is flexibility to write team-up stories based on earth and outer space.

After how good Ragnarok was we really need one more Thor movie. It just won’t feel complete now without it imo

After how good Ragnarok was we really need one more Thor movie. It just won’t feel complete now without it imo

I have a feeling that Thor will stick around for at least one more movie post-Endgame. For me it makes sense to make the transition to the newer heroes "smoother" especially if Thor has good chemistry with Captain Marvel in Endgame.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, Mark Ruffalo and Jeremy Renner still have one movie left on their contracts after Endgame. ScarJo is doing a solo movie and Chris Hemsworth expressed interest in making another Thor movie. Thus, I think it's possible that some of the original Avengers will stick around to help with the transition to the new heroes after Endgame. It's in Marvel's best interest especially with the recent popularity of Thor.

I have a feeling that Thor will stick around for at least one more movie post-Endgame. For me it makes sense to make the transition to the newer heroes "smoother" especially if Thor has good chemistry with Captain Marvel in Endgame.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, Mark Ruffalo and Jeremy Renner still have one movie left on their contracts after Endgame. ScarJo is doing a solo movie and Chris Hemsworth expressed interest in making another Thor movie. Thus, I think it's possible that some of the original Avengers will stick around to help with the transition to the new heroes after Endgame. It's in Marvel's best interest especially with the recent popularity of Thor.

I fully agree, I hope there are some surprises though as I want this film to have a lasting effect and some shock deaths other than the 4 they have hinted at would be cool

I fully agree, I hope there are some surprises though as I want this film to have a lasting effect and some shock deaths other than the 4 they have hinted at would be cool

I hope none of the important characters die. I don't see anything "cool" about killing off characters. Don't know how anyone would find something cool about that.

I would assume that in order to make room for the new cast of characters coming into the MCU they would naturally have to “off” some existing ones. Especially since some did die in the canon of the comics. I don’t think anyone is suggesting that it’s cool to kill characters off and we have seen many deaths in the MCU, although some were short lived deaths, Pun intended, I think you’d be naive to assume they won’t be getting rid of at least one or two.

I also don’t want them to get rid of any of them as I’ve grown to love them all but it is inevitable, for the sake of story telling, for some characters to just step aside while new ones come in. I hope that doesn’t involve death but I am expecting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

I think there will be some deaths based on what Marvel has been hinting at. But as much as I'm tempted to overanalyze, sometimes it's better not to think too much before watching the movie to allow myself to be surprised.

Regarding the figure, I can think of two possible accessories that Hot Toys can include for a Kree version of Captain Marvel to differentiate it from the current release:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I think there will be some deaths based on what Marvel has been hinting at. But as much as I'm tempted to overanalyze, sometimes it's better not to think too much before watching the movie to allow myself to be surprised.

Regarding the figure, I can think of two possible accessories that Hot Toys can include for a Kree version of Captain Marvel to differentiate it from the current release:

Spoiler Spoiler:

The first one would be cool. The 2nd one I wouldn't pay extra for, given I've got plenty of those on hand already. No pun intended. :lol

If Carol does become the new face of the MCU,

Spoiler Spoiler:

To quote Tony Stark "Part of the journey is the end."

We often don't realize the true value of something until it is gone. It is the writer's responsibility to give characters a fitting end. That could mean death, or not. But it must fit the character. I always felt like Cap would be one to die in combat. Tony seems like he deserves to live out a long life but the movies have set him up to make the "sacrifice play" so I expect him to go too, possibly both will die together.

It's not about being cool, but about giving the story some impact. And it they are going to magically reverse all those deaths in IW, it only makes sense that at least one person will need to sacrifice themselves for it to happen. Otherwise it would be hard to take any threat seriously in the MCU.

Even if I am disappointed I don't get why someone would think killing off characters is cool.

What makes life more significant is that everything ends. What greater sacrifice than giving your life? This has been a long journey for a lot of people, fans and the actors. Also it's not like I'm wishing real people will die, they're made up people

To quote Tony Stark "Part of the journey is the end."

We often don't realize the true value of something until it is gone. It is the writer's responsibility to give characters a fitting end. That could mean death, or not. But it must fit the character. I always felt like Cap would be one to die in combat. Tony seems like he deserves to live out a long life but the movies have set him up to make the "sacrifice play" so I expect him to go too, possibly both will die together.

I agree regarding Cap. Tony I would be inclined to agree as well, but I also kind of feel they did his “sacrifice play” in the same film in which he was accused of not being willing to make that play, when he took the incoming missle and brought it to space, knowing that it could very likely be a one way trip.

It's not about being cool, but about giving the story some impact. And it they are going to magically reverse all those deaths in IW, it only makes sense that at least one person will need to sacrifice themselves for it to happen. Otherwise it would be hard to take any threat seriously in the MCU.

What makes life more significant is that everything ends. What greater sacrifice than giving your life? This has been a long journey for a lot of people, fans and the actors. Also it's not like I'm wishing real people will die, they're made up people

My sentiments as well.

Back