1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Captain Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a hunch...but as a creative type I would hate for something I worked on/established in the past get poorly handled by another creative team in a way that undermines the previous work and makes it out to be a freakin' lame joke! :slap

Spoiler Spoiler:

Well see, I don't think it undermines anything at all.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Well see, I don't think it undermines anything at all.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I don't recall...it's been awhile since I watched TWS. I was pretty certain he said that line to Pierce and not Cap, but regardless the backstory has been diminished just for a throwaway gag. Clearly we have a difference in opinion, but my gripe with that one part is the least of the CM's problem.

I ordered because I wanted the jacket and Goose.

After viewing I cancelled because I don't care for Goose or the jacket really since she barely wears it with the costume.

Hoping she gets the Thor/Cap/Strange treatment from the Russos

You people just order and cancel on a whim. I feel sorry for whoever your kind "buys" from. Every retailer needs to slap NRDs on all figures.

It was good! I loved it!!!

Just watched it earlier. I loved it also. The Marvel Logo at the start was very nice and the movie was just a lot of fun. I would put it above AOU, all three Thor films, both Ant-Man films and the 1st Cap film and i think those were good films. It's just that this is a little more complete IMO. That's me some will hate it always and forever.

Marvel Studios is just really good at this stuff. Really looking forward to Endgame a lot more now.

I really worked very hard to avoid all the crap surrounding the film so i would not be biased when watching. Did not read or watch ANYTHING so I honestly don't know what any of it was about and don't care :lol

Last edited:
Saw it. Thought it was a good movie.
Spoiler Spoiler:

I don't recall...it's been awhile since I watched TWS. I was pretty certain he said that line to Pierce and not Cap, but regardless the backstory has been diminished just for a throwaway gag. Clearly we have a difference in opinion, but my gripe with that one part is the least of the CM's problem.

I thought his memorable line to Pierce was "If you want to keep ahead of me, you need to keep both eyes open" before using the retinal scanner. But regardless, you're point is made & acknowledged - we'll just have to agree to disagree. :wave

Just saw it for the 2nd time & the entire theatre cheered at the end, so it seems a few people are in my corner on this one. Plus all of its showings between 7 & 11pm were sold out, so it appears plenty more want to see it.

Just watched it earlier. I loved it also. The Marvel Logo at the start was very nice and the movie was just a lot of fun. I would put it above AOU, all three Thor films, both Ant-Man films and the 1st Cap film and i think those were good films. It's just that this is a little more complete IMO. That's me some will hate it always and forever.

Marvel Studios is just really good at this stuff. Really looking forward to Endgame a lot more now.

I really worked very hard to avoid all the crap surrounding the film so i would not be biased when watching. Did not read or watch ANYTHING so I honestly don't know what any of it was about and don't care :lol

IMO you took a very wise approach going in - wish I'd done likewise. :lol As for its place in the MCU rankings, I'd rank it similar to you. I'd probably put it slightly behind Thor Ragnarok based on pure entertainment value, but ahead of those others you mentioned as well as Dr. Strange, IM2 and GOTG2.

I recently ordered 2 things at BBTS then cancelled both 8 minutes later, so I’m sure I’m on some kind probationary naughty list now.

Fury definitely says the eye line to Cap, not Pierce.
Spoiler Spoiler:

IMO you took a very wise approach going in - wish I'd done likewise. :lol As for its place in the MCU rankings, I'd rank it similar to you. I'd probably put it slightly behind Thor Ragnarok based on pure entertainment value, but ahead of those others you mentioned as well as Dr. Strange, IM2 and GOTG2.

I would also put it ahead of Strange and GOTG2 but IM is my guy and even if this was a better movie than one of his i could not admit it :lol

I would also put it ahead of Strange and GOTG2 but IM is my guy and even if this was a better movie than one of his i could not admit it :lol

I can respect that. As IM2 gave us the Mark V suit-up scene in Monaco and also introduced us to both War Machine and ScarJo as Black Widow (the last one proving that there IS a God), I will always have a soft spot for it. :lol

Well I just came back from watching it, and I enjoyed it.

I would not include it in my favourite MCU films and as such I would rank it below IW, A1, Guardians, Cap 2 & 3, and Iron Man, but it’s in line with Thor 1, Cap 1, DS, Spidey and I was going to say BP, but the world building in that movie was just so much better imo. But I like it better than AOU, Iron Man 2-3, Thor 2-3 (yes I know nearly everyone loves T3), Guardians 2 and the Ant Man films.

Now in comparison to other recent films outside of the MCU, I thought the 80-90s nostalgia stuff was done better in Bumblebee of all films, and for whatever reason I found Aquaman a more enjoyable and fun time at the theatre. However during Aquaman I remember cringing at times and on the drive home I was doing rewrites in my head, but with Captain Marvel there were no such events, at least to me anyway. And I didn’t mind the little retcons etc.

I thought that all the actors were acceptable, with the Aussie being the best, but I did feel something was missing. While I was watching I thought it was moving a bit slow, but checking the time I realised we were about 2/3’s into the movie, where I thought we were only 30 minutes in. Unfortunately I think IW (which is easily my favourite MCU film) has damaged me for life. I just found that that movie was so exciting and it moved at a break neck speed from beginning to end with no time to breath. Whereas Captain Marvel had quite a few moments, that while I understand why they were in there to move the plot, they were far from exciting.

So now I’m going to preorder the Deluxe from my local store. The jacket I guess isn’t necessary at all, but Goose was a lot of fun, if a bit on the nose. He should’ve come with a change of head, but I guess he wouldn’t be able to balance with those ‘extras’. And I might display him with Fury holding him.

Just got back and found the movie kinda underwhelming, sad to say. :( It had it's moments, but the story was a bit dull and generic, and they never told us enough about Carol for me to really get invested in her (other than the fact she was a fighter pilot and used to be a tomboy as a kid... which isn't much). I do see a lot of potential with Larson in the role, but she wasn't given much to work with here, and hardly any clever dialogue like I would have expected. So I'm really hoping Endgame will do a much better job with her.

Still keeping my preorder though, since it's still a badass looking outfit and I loved the look with the leather jacket at the end.

Well I just came back from watching it, and I enjoyed it.

I would not include it in my favourite MCU films and as such I would rank it below IW, A1, Guardians, Cap 2 & 3, and Iron Man, but it’s in line with Thor 1, Cap 1, DS, Spidey and I was going to say BP, but the world building in that movie was just so much better imo. But I like it better than AOU, Iron Man 2-3, Thor 2-3 (yes I know nearly everyone loves T3), Guardians 2 and the Ant Man films.

Now in comparison to other recent films outside of the MCU, I thought the 80-90s nostalgia stuff was done better in Bumblebee of all films, and for whatever reason I found Aquaman a more enjoyable and fun time at the theatre. However during Aquaman I remember cringing at times and on the drive home I was doing rewrites in my head, but with Captain Marvel there were no such events, at least to me anyway. And I didn’t mind the little retcons etc.

I thought that all the actors were acceptable, with the Aussie being the best, but I did feel something was missing. While I was watching I thought it was moving a bit slow, but checking the time I realised we were about 2/3’s into the movie, where I thought we were only 30 minutes in. Unfortunately I think IW (which is easily my favourite MCU film) has damaged me for life. I just found that that movie was so exciting and it moved at a break neck speed from beginning to end with no time to breath. Whereas Captain Marvel had quite a few moments, that while I understand why they were in there to move the plot, they were far from exciting.

So now I’m going to preorder the Deluxe from my local store. The jacket I guess isn’t necessary at all, but Goose was a lot of fun, if a bit on the nose. He should’ve come with a change of head, but I guess he wouldn’t be able to balance with those ‘extras’. And I might display him with Fury holding him.

IW had a huge advantage as everything was already setup and ready to go. We already knew the players so it was just game on. IW was a bad movie IF you just casually watch marvel films and have not seen them all. I was explaining a few things from previous films to a friend before IW started so she would not be completely lost.
But i agree IW was awesome and has spoiled us all :hi5:

Spoiler Spoiler:

With CM you could have never seen another MCU film and enjoyed it much like Black Panther. I feel really bad for people trying watch these movies 30 years from now for the 1st time out of order :lol

Just got back and found the movie kinda underwhelming, sad to say. :( It had it's moments, but the story was a bit dull and generic, and they never told us enough about Carol for me to really get invested in her (other than the fact she was a fighter pilot and used to be a tomboy as a kid... which isn't much). I do see a lot of potential with Larson in the role, but she wasn't given much to work with here, and hardly any clever dialogue like I would have expected. So I'm really hoping Endgame will do a much better job with her.

Still keeping my preorder though, since it's still a badass looking outfit and I loved the look with the leather jacket at the end.

Totally agree. It just wasn't as tight as a Russo brother film. It just plodded along. Plus they just left themselves open to criticism with a couple of things like Fury's eye.

On the other hand what no one is talking about is how good the de-aging of Jackson was. Man, I bought that the whole way through. Looked totally natural.

But otherwise a bit ho-hum for me. The girls behind me at the cinema did laugh at the cat a lot. For me that was a bit too Men in Black for me, and it lost it's appeal after the first reveal.

Totally agree. It just wasn't as tight as a Russo brother film. It just plodded along. Plus they just left themselves open to criticism with a couple of things like Fury's eye.

On the other hand what no one is talking about is how good the de-aging of Jackson was. Man, I bought that the whole way through. Looked totally natural.

But otherwise a bit ho-hum for me. The girls behind me at the cinema did laugh at the cat a lot. For me that was a bit too Men in Black for me, and it lost it's appeal after the first reveal.

The little odd retcon doesn’t really bother me. And the thing regarding Fury’s eye, I just accepted and moved on. It’s not really a major plot point. Not even a minor one really imo.

And honestly I may have found the de-aging a little bit jarring for the first minute or so, but after that I never really thought about it again.....not until you just mentioned it really. Later on I must have gotten used to it, because I didn’t really notice a thing.

Unfortunately this movie had to deal with all the usual things that have to be dealt with in an origin movie showcasing their first appearance. Imo the only MCU films to have knocked it out of the park in those cases were Iron Man and Guardians.

Just came back from seeing it and well that was easily the opposite of a good movie. That, coupled with the headsculpt being off, makes this an easy pass!

I'm gonna have to agree with you Iron Koob...the Russos better work their magic with CM cause I found her dreadfully uninteresting, bland, and an unnecessary addition to the roster of great characters they have so far.

Overall I would rate this film 3 or 4 out of 10.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that way too. The way they made it happen is ridiculous and undermines everything we thought before. :thud:

Back