1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Captain Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me reading all these posts thinking that HT won't do an extremely minimal amount of R&D and toss out a popular character variant with an opportunity to charge a premium for it. Especially given that the movie has already gone over a billion dollars.

tenor.gif

I still think we will get the green suit as an exclusive sometime

I prefer the Red and Blue suit but the Green suit would probably stand out more in my collection. The short hair look is something I am interested in if the figure is done right.

I still think we will get the green suit as an exclusive sometime

I’d bet that the green/Kree/Vers suit is absolutely inevitable. Trust me that do I understand it’s not as simple as repainting an IM figure but I believe that 90% of the R&D for that suit in most color combinations is done. Sometimes using the same fabrics but in a different color on these figures can cause unforeseen issues so they will undoubtably need to test out a prototype but that’s basically all that will need to be done and then HT’s calls it a “Special Edition” and SSC calls it an exclusive or convention exclusive or a movie promo edition.

Whereas the R&D for an Endgame version (based off the solo film figure) is probably over 70% done. I guess another way to look at it is that the Endgame figure needs less than 30% of the solo movie figure changed (in terms of actual work). Body is done, headsculpt would probably just be a hair swap, choosing accessories and of course tailoring.

Basically what I’m trying to say is that Marvel/Disney is printing money and I couldn’t imagine HT’s not spending that 10% R&D for the green Kree suit that would help offset the R&D for the single announced one. I also agree that HT’s is going to ride this Endgame wave for months to come so a figure of her from that movie is possible but I’m not nearly as confident in an EG CM figure as I am a green Kree CM figure.

I'm probably going to get this if I get any version of her. I prefer it to her Endgame look.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Am I going nuts... they did show the Endgame version at least, right? In a group shot somewhere? I mean, I know that doesn't mean it'll get made... but at least it's planned?

Am I going nuts... they did show the Endgame version at least, right? In a group shot somewhere? I mean, I know that doesn't mean it'll get made... but at least it's planned?

They showed the previous figure on an Endgame display stand with other Endgame figures, but hard to know if they're actually planning an Endgame figure or not.

Although given it's a radically different look, I'd say there's a strong chance.

They showed the previous figure on an Endgame display stand with other Endgame figures, but hard to know if they're actually planning an Endgame figure or not.

Although given it's a radically different look, I'd say there's a strong chance.

Considering she hasn't soldout anywhere I doubt they'll make another one of her. On bbts wasp, hella, and especially Nebula soldout really fast.

I'm in for the masked sculpt. I never display my dolls with their headsculpts. So even if they made another she doesn't have a mask so she doesnt interest me.

There was an interview with Howard a few years back where he said that Black Widow was their highest selling figure. I think female characters tend to sell better than we might imagine. And given the hype around Captain Marvel, I can imagine Hot Toys preparing to sell more, which would lead to it not selling out as fast, due to more stock being anticipated.

But ultimately, yeah, an Endgame Captain Marvel will largely depend on how well this first version sells.

I'm more interested in her EG look... Too bad the helmet didn't make an appearance, though.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Back