1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Captain Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spoilers for leak.

Spoiler Spoiler:

ToysEra doing a sculpt and hand Skrull set to use with other figures.
728e0b373d9a9d20e0733dcd973cc0cc.jpg
They should just go all the way and make the outfit too

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I saw the leak that’s going around. She has a different look. I would wait with your preorders. I think she’s going to get another figure

Nah I'll be more than happy to have multiple Captain Marvels on my shelf, plus this costume is iconic to me & whatever look she has in Endgame just won't be as special

I'm hoping we get Kree version more than an Endgame one.

Neil

Different hair and makeup plus the first has a poor likeness.

C'mon guys this is HT. They rarely change things a lot with same character figures spaced closely together.

But we can wait and see. My tip would be on a different outfit. Same sculpt with eyes looking to the left or right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't rooted heads tend to have issues? I wouldn't want to have to worry about that. This will be my first Hot Toys figure.

Sometimes. But mostly its a matter of styling the hair correctly, because out of the box its usually needing attention.

There are a few threads about how to style 1/6 hair.

Once you get it right, it can look incredible.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Different hair and makeup plus the first has a poor likeness.

I recently saw the film, and I agree. The likeness can use some tweaking, and the hair should be lightened. The hair on this figure looks almost brown, should be more blonde, and straight.

So this is gonna be what, the third time the thread's been scrubbed because certain weirdos are obsessed with Brie Larson?

Ordered that Skrull set on OSK. Should be an easy kit bash for Talos.

Just need a fountain drink for him
bd75d8c70cb1926c8c26278710e533c8.jpg

Wonder if the cup of cola that comes with the NECA Ultimate Gremlins would work as an accessory to add in with this for a Talos kit bash. Not sure if it’s the right scale. Will have to check mine

That Skrull sculpt is pretty solid. Anybody with ‘bashing skills will make it look great. Still holding out (flimsy) hope for an official HT one, though.

C'mon guys this is HT. They rarely change things a lot with same character figures spaced closely together.

But we can wait and see. My tip would be on a different outfit. Same sculpt with eyes looking to the left or right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

REPOSTING ONLY THE PERTINENT PART OF PREVIOUS POST:
You're forgetting one thing. The movies are close together but the time frames are 20+ years apart. Just pointing that out. All the characters have changed between their (relative) first appearance and final appearance. Captain Marvel is the only prequel style film going back to the 90s. A lot can change.

Actually domestically it’s only 10th out of the MCU films. Worldwide is where it’s at 7th, and I’m thinking it’ll stay there for the rest of its run. And looking at the numbers I’m thinking it’ll finish somewhere around 8th overall domestically, though I must admit a couple of weeks ago I thought it might finish as high as 5th overall domestically.

And I’m also thinking it’s going to fall short of Wonder Woman domestically and Aquaman worldwide, because as much as I did like the film, it also earned less then Aquaman did domestically for its second week, even though Captain Marvel earned double that of Aquaman in its first weekend. But because of CM’s bigger first week, it should pass Aquaman’s domestic total sometime in the next week.

Well in box office news Captain Marvel has passed $400 million at the domestic box office!

Looks like I was dead wrong about where it would finish domestically. 4 weeks ago when I made the above post I thought it would finish its run below Guardians 2 $389 million, and now chances are that it’ll pass Cap 3’s $408 million, IM3’s $409 million, and probably Wonder Woman’s $412 million (which I didn’t think there was a chance in hell).

Looks like it’s getting a boost with next weeks release of Endgame, as its takings this weekend of $9 million were even greater than what it got the weekend before at $8 million (the full weeks takings were $13 million)! Now that’s amazing.

Though I’m still thinking it’ll fall short of Aquaman’s and Civil War’s worldwide totals, as it’ll need another $60 million. But then again I didn’t think it’ll pass Wonder Woman’s Domestic total either (which is very likely now). So I guess anything is possible.

REPOSTING ONLY THE PERTINENT PART OF PREVIOUS POST:
You're forgetting one thing. The movies are close together but the time frames are 20+ years apart. Just pointing that out. All the characters have changed between their (relative) first appearance and final appearance. Captain Marvel is the only prequel style film going back to the 90s. A lot can change.

"Yeah but" she was in the Endgame trailer. Didn't look much different there. Plus she's Captain Marvel. Do Superheroes like that age much ? Not normally.

Anyway we'll see.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back