1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Captain Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah that's the usual complaint I've seen. I wanted to buy the Hot Toys Babydoll but read some horror stories that put me off. I'm just glad this one doesn't have that.

Well the rooted hair looks like garbage on figures at this scale. Sure people try to put products in it and style it to make it look decent but they only THINK it looks decent. It doesn't not matter what they do.

I prefer rooted hair, for long hair especially. I've never had a problem working with the rooted hair.

Well the rooted hair looks like garbage on figures at this scale. Sure people try to put products in it and style it to make it look decent but they only THINK it looks decent. It doesn't not matter what they do.

I think less than 1% of rooted heads I've seen actually are good, and they're never from an officially licensed figure. I always felt there's too much of a margin for error with them. I don't want to have to take it to the salon lol.

I think less than 1% of rooted heads I've seen actually are good, and they're never from an officially licensed figure. I always felt there's too much of a margin for error with them. I don't want to have to take it to the salon lol.

The rooted hair on my Scarlet Witch (NA) looks good out of the box. That's why I think it might depend on exact type of hair used on the figure.

You've made your disdain for rooted hair quite clear; there's no need to repeat it ad nauseam. And if others are satisfied with how it looks on THEIR figures in THEIR homes, what you think about it isn't going to change that fact.

I prefer rooted hair, for long hair especially. I've never had a problem working with the rooted hair.

I agree with you. For figures with long hair, IMO rooted is definitely the way to go. It looks much more realistic than sculpted on those figures, plus allows better posing options. Apparently HT thinks so too, as it's their default for long hair. But sculpted is definitely my preference for short to medium length hair. IMO all of the short hair BWs (Especially AoU and IW) should have been sculpted.

The rooted hair on my Scarlet Witch (NA) looks good out of the box. That's why I think it might depend on exact type of hair used on the figure.

All 3 SW look good out of the box to me.. Black Widow maybe not so much.

Probably in the minority, but I would take rooted hair over sculpted plastic. I've seen some rooted hair that I thought looked fake, but to me sculpted plastic hair always looks fake.

You've made your disdain for rooted hair quite clear; there's no need to repeat it ad nauseam. And if others are satisfied with how it looks on THEIR figures in THEIR homes, what you think about it isn't going to change that fact.

I agree with you. For figures with long hair, IMO rooted is definitely the way to go. It looks much more realistic than sculpted on those figures, plus allows better posing options. Apparently HT thinks so too, as it's their default for long hair. But sculpted is definitely my preference for short to medium length hair. IMO all of the short hair BWs (Especially AoU and IW) should have been sculpted.
You prefer rooted hair and you get upset about people criticizing it. Maybe you are afraid hot toys could be changing their minds about defaulting to inferior looking rooted hair?

Anyway there is no way the doll hair haters will be silenced. Not unless hot toys switch to sculpted hair permanently and stop defacing female figures.

That's the problem. "Working". People have to work with doll hair which means becoming a hair dresser. The hair dressers usually fail going by the pictures I see posted.

All I did was rinse the ones that had a more heavy glue in it for a more natural look, or with Scarlet Witch just use my fingers to set it on her shoulders in a way I like.

I’ve never used any styling product on any of my rooted hair figures.

TWS Widow, CW Widow, and all the Scarlet Witches have great hair. AOU Widow was the exception in my eyes.

Last edited:
You prefer rooted hair and you get upset about people criticizing it. Maybe you are afraid hot toys could be changing their minds about defaulting to inferior looking rooted hair?

Anyway there is no way the doll hair haters will be silenced. Not unless hot toys switch to sculpted hair permanently and stop defacing female figures.

I'm not going to lose sleep over it either way - I just think HT isn't going to change their approach based on complaints we make in a collectibles thread, so hammering away at it seems pointless. But if that's your thing, have at it.

I agree with you on short/medium hair styles - there's simply not enough length or volume for rooted hair to ever look good in those circumstances. For longer styles (such as on WW, SW, CW Black Widow), IMO the increased weight/length lets it lie more naturally & look decent. If HT had chosen sculpted for those figures, I would have found the loss of articulation unacceptable. You obviously would have seen it as an acceptable trade-off, so let's just agree to disagree, okay?

I think this statement bothered him because it reminded him that he has no control over what others think or do with their own belongings, and there’s nothing he can do about that.

I guess if they do a AEG version of her, it’s probably going to be much later since all I see at the footage of the HK shows displays is this figure being displayed with the AEG line :(

ToysEra doing a sculpt and hand Skrull set to use with other figures.
728e0b373d9a9d20e0733dcd973cc0cc.jpg

I saw the leak that’s going around. She has a different look. I would wait with your preorders. I think she’s going to get another figure

Back