1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Captain Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Build and care about their characters? Judging from the fact that most of those characters have already had 3 solo films worth of development could be a perfect explanation as to why they would begin focusing on the narrative of Thanos as opposed to giving us more of the same... get outta here.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That's one way to look at it, maybe.:dunno

For myself, I look at it more that some real IMO interesting chapters for team Cap got opened up. I would've liked to have seen BW hook up with Team Cap, Bucky actually talk to T'Challa, more of M'baku, Cap and Falcon being fugitives. For the Wakanda battle to have been more than a showcase for Thor's superhero landing, and not even logical w. no air support etc:google with all the Wakanda tech.

And unlike the comics, nothing about HOW Thanos ended up a psycho. Anyway think introducing CM is just Feige tryin' to make sure the money keeps rolling in, 'coz new sells. At first. The Russos themselves early on talked about how powerful SW was - guess they forgot that. IMO Captain Marvel is not needed at this point - not really. U can write a story to try to MAKE her needed, but IMO Infinity Wars should have been about the "original 10 year group". A great story arc and not a commercial for the next MCU, with CM as a cameo at most.

But if folks are happy the CM intro, good for them. Nothing I can do about it (except sign up for the Disney TV series:monkey3)

Anyway hope this fig comes loaded with a switch-out etc for people buying her. For myself, I'd have to think real hard about getting someone like BW, say, with plastic hair. Even my third party female characters have rooted hair. Will say HT hair sculpting can be amazing at times - always thought Bucky had great hair sculpt. Thor, not so much, re head articulation.

This being purchased will be highly dependent upon the movie. The trailer bored me and am worried they will just make her over powered. With that said, figure looks pretty good so far.

I agree with all of this. I'll reserve judgement until I see both movies.

I would wait till we see it without all the photoshopping to judge it properly...

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Still not completely sold on capt marvel so her solo movie and endgame will determine if I buy this...the sculpted hair is something I really hope they start doing for all female figures though not a fan of rooted hair

That's one way to look at it, maybe.:dunno

For myself, I look at it more that some real IMO interesting chapters for team Cap got opened up. I would've liked to have seen BW hook up with Team Cap, Bucky actually talk to T'Challa, more of M'baku, Cap and Falcon being fugitives. For the Wakanda battle to have been more than a showcase for Thor's superhero landing, and not even logical w. no air support etc:google with all the Wakanda tech.

And unlike the comics, nothing about HOW Thanos ended up a psycho. Anyway think introducing CM is just Feige tryin' to make sure the money keeps rolling in, 'coz new sells. At first. The Russos themselves early on talked about how powerful SW was - guess they forgot that. IMO Captain Marvel is not needed at this point - not really. U can write a story to try to MAKE her needed, but IMO Infinity Wars should have been about the "original 10 year group". A great story arc and not a commercial for the next MCU, with CM as a cameo at most.

But if folks are happy the CM intro, good for them. Nothing I can do about it (except sign up for the Disney TV series:monkey3)

Anyway hope this fig comes loaded with a switch-out etc for people buying her. For myself, I'd have to think real hard about getting someone like BW, say, with plastic hair. Even my third party female characters have rooted hair. Will say HT hair sculpting can be amazing at times - always thought Bucky had great hair sculpt. Thor, not so much, re head articulation.

A lot of that could have happened if they made it into a 3 part finale, instead of just 2 films imo.

But I think there is a bigger picture here. ‘Captain Marvel’ will introduce the shapeshifting skrulls into MCU, which has a much bigger effect than CM herself. Because that means some of the original heroes could have been kidnapped and replaced by Skrull at one point, like Secret Invasion in the comics. For example, the blonde Black Widow could be a Skrull sleep agent.

Though the story is already about to end so not sure how much they can play with that idea here..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of that could have happened if they made it into a 3 part finale, instead of just 2 films imo.

But I think there is a bigger picture here. ‘Captain Marvel’ will introduce the shapeshifting skrulls into MCU, which has a much bigger effect than CM herself. Because that means some of the original heroes could have been kidnapped and replaced by Skrull at one point, like Secret Invasion in the comics. For example, the blonde Black Widow could be a Skrull sleep agent.

Though the story is already about to end so not sure how much they can play with that idea here..

:goodpost: Good point thanks for posting. I've thought Infinity Wars should've been 3 films anyway to really do justice (tho realize these films cost millions and are a lot of work).

Re this fig - does she come with the cat?:cool: I actually hope she's stellar, even if I'm not planning on her. Personally wasn't as happy with HT this year - no Outrider release (or Vulture so far); was not happy with IW Cap and cancelled; Ragnarok Loki could've had a better sculpt (even tho I am keeping my PO); IW DS sculpt seems to have a different nose from proto; 10-year Cap went back to plastic shields; Hela and T'chaka didn't have accessory head sculpts...

e.g. now I'm worried the stellar protos for Bucky and Shuri may not be Hela level. Like HT is slipping...now CM will not have rooted hair. E.g. I hope HT regroups from stuff like a jagged seam at the IW back of Cap's head. This fig could be incredible if HT used resin etc. for power effects.

I'm a bit rusty on the Skrulls - If they replace a superhero can they also replicate his/her power? I think someone like General Ross would be a more likely candidate to have been replaced, given his actions & attitude relative to the Avengers. Seeing that all the heroes have been rather um, heroic so far, if any are replaced I think that would be a future development.

I'm a bit rusty on the Skrulls - If they replace a superhero can they also replicate his/her power? I think someone like General Ross would be a more likely candidate to have been replaced, given his actions & attitude relative to the Avengers. Seeing that all the heroes have been rather um, heroic so far, if any are replaced I think that would be a future development.

They can replicate their power and even extract their memory if they kidnap them and put them in this machine.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Being that we know next to nothing about the movie, I wonder if they're gonna release both suits. If so, I bet the Kree suit will be a con/fair exclusive of some kind. I can't wait for this figure. It'll break up the sausage fest that is my collection. Although, I do need a WW, but think I may wait for 84 and see what that brings us. I'm almost positive that I either saw or heard of a slight change to her suit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

They can replicate their power and even extract their memory if they kidnap them and put them in this machine.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

e.g. now I'm worried the stellar protos for Bucky and Shuri may not be Hela level. Like HT is slipping...now CM will not have rooted hair. E.g. I hope HT regroups from stuff like a jagged seam at the IW back of Cap's head. This fig could be incredible if HT used resin etc. for power effects.

Can anyone confirm, since I don't own him, but the seam on the back of his head is actually 3 separate pieces right?

With the film just a few weeks away, it shouldn't be too much longer before we get the full reveal. Really hoping that it comes with the mohawk helmet.

Yeah, they'll have to do that. I'm thinking a Yondu type attachment. Hair is definitely sculpted in the partial reveal.

Suit is really looking like the Iron Spider type material. Which is cool by me. Am sure there will be the same debate about posing etc. But I love my Iron Spider. Just looks awesome on the shelf, and non crease poses are possible.

We need more pics !!

Hot-Toys-Captain-Marvel-Teaser.jpg

captainmarvelheader-3.jpg

Based on the pictures we've been shown and the timing of the release, I think that the body for Captain Marvel will either be the same (or similar to) the body used for the Wasp. Hopefully, that's a good thing because according to HT's website, they created a newly developed body for the Wasp. Popcultcha adds that the Wasp is designed for dynamic posing.

If my guess about the body is true, I hope that the suit's material will allow Captain Marvel to be more poseable. But whether this happens or not, I am excited about this figure. I hope they get her head sculpt right and include the helmeted head. If this figure does well, HT might release other variations such as the Kree outfit and civilian clothes. Who knows?

Back