1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Captain Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess her hair is just short enough in the movie to get away with sculpted hair and still allow movement for posing purposes. But once again this seems to demonstrate that there's no rhyme or reason behind how HT decides between sculpted & rooted.

Not sure why some are sad about sculpted hair. Look at the infinity War black widow with short rooted hair. Looks like garbage ruining what is otherwise a great figure.

I don't buy female figures almost exclusively because of rooted hair. Doesn't look good, and more like barbie dolls. The GOTG2 Gamora will be the one exception. The sculpted hair by Hot Toys is generally excellent and very detailed. If they can nail Bucky and Loki regarding hair, they can nail Captain Marvel.

I love rooted hair because if you’d an actually fix it, it’ll look way better than sculpted. Wanda and Civil War Widow for example look so much better with rooted hair

Sculpted hair = buy!

I was expecting you to approve! :lol Looking back at past releases, they do seem to stick to sculpted except for those female characters with long, flowing hair (SW, Gamora, WW, etc.). Black Widow seems to be the exception. Makes me think that's because the first BW (IM2) had long hair. Perhaps they decided it would look off if they went back & forth on the same character? Regardless, I think sculpted is the right choice here.

Agreed, hopefully they will include a helmeted headsculpt with light up eyes and light up fists to go BINARY!

THIS! :clap

I hope we get a full reveal soon! The costume already looks amazing! I don't mind the sculpted hair, but I do prefer rooted. It just looks better. However I can't handle rooted hair to save my life.

So excited about the sculpted hair. Definitely raises the possibility of me getting this one by a good 50%.

Interested to see the full reveal, looks good so far - if they nail the head sculpt it might be enough to convince me to purchase it. :)

Glad to see they've gone with sculpted hair too!

This being purchased will be highly dependent upon the movie. The trailer bored me and am worried they will just make her over powered. With that said, figure looks pretty good so far.

The head sculpt will be a perfect. Hot Toys has perfected the blank, stale gaze...which is what Brie Larson seems to have in every shot. :lol

Costume looks fantastic. I personally prefer rooted hair, but I'm sure they will show up in the secondary. I just hope this isn't a one and done.

The costume looks so damn cool I think I'll pick this up regardless of how good the movie is.

As for the hair, I don't know why HT doesn't just use the kind of softer plastic BCS used on Clara. That hair is sculpted and yet there's no problem turning her head whatsoever.

Back