1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Captain Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure why some are sad about sculpted hair. Look at the infinity War black widow with short rooted hair. Looks like garbage ruining what is otherwise a great figure.

For me, rooted is better. Sculpted looks funny in a dynamic pose. If there are switchable sculpted hair, like the sideshow baroness, that would be ok.

You're right though, that black widow was awful, it was fixable at least. But for 225, you shouldnt have to fix something out of the box.

This being purchased will be highly dependent upon the movie. The trailer bored me and am worried they will just make her over powered. With that said, figure looks pretty good so far.

:exactly: Agreed...whilst a good likeness would somewhat help sell it to me, I haven't been that taken with what I've seen of her in the trailers so far tbh, so yes, definitely need to see the film first before making a final decision! Suit does look nice tho. :)

The head sculpt will be a perfect. Hot Toys has perfected the blank, stale gaze...which is what Brie Larson seems to have in every shot. :lol

:lol True!

I agree some concerns over the trailers, but I think the movie will be very much a character piece. From the trailer, I think we get the impression her memory was wiped, and this movie will her reconnecting with her humanity. But the trailer is going to throw in a lot of CGI action and some cheesy comedy as well to get the general masses in the seats.

I was skeptical about Ragnarok, GOTG and Black Panther and was very surprised after watching them in theaters. I don't anticipate this being a top 5 MCU movie, but given the track record and excellent producing of these movies, a Dr. Strange caliber movie might be its worst case scenario...which is not bad. I am going in expecting a mid-level marvel movie, and if it surpasses that, a welcome surprise. Even their formulaic ones like Ant Man & Wasp are still entertaining blockbusters.

At the end of the day Feige is overseeing these movies in detail. Generally studios being heavily involved in the creative decisions is not a great thing, but Feige is knows good movies and knows marvel characters. As long he is around you have to feel good about Marvel producing good and at least slowly evolving movies in the genre.

Yeah it probably is, but at least it is meant to be a leather type outfit, so the creases and folds won't look as out of place. And it's also not a character that would seem to require a super dynamic pose like Spidey does.

Dont know where all the hate for Brie is coming from. She is a fantastic actress. The trailer didnt wow me either but I have faith in Feige and the MCU. It's going to be a blockbuster.

Being unimpressed isn't the same as hate...I think the general consensus is that no one is wowed.

This is an automatic pass for me right now, as I'm not excited or anticipating the movie at all. It's the first MCU movie that I don't really look forward to. I'll be seeing it still since the MCU has earned my loyalty, but the trailers haven't wowed me, she does nothing for me, and the marketing/interviews I've stumbled across have helped to turn me off the character as of right now.

If it's a great movie, my mind might be changed. :dunno

I look forward to seeing the cat, Coulson and Fury. If that counts. :lol

It definitely looks like an Iron Spider material. Which is fine for me.

No doubt there will be a lot of whingers though.

Sculpted hair is also a good thing for me. Just can never get away from Barbie comparisons with the rooted hair imo.

Not so familiar with the mohawk. But Robert if they'll do that the same way as Yondu with magnet ? Another reason to go with sculpted hair.

Jury is still out for me on this one though. But like so many new MCU movies. Before the movie there is not much love. Then after the movie it's a while different ballgame.

Posting again for awesomeness.

Happy New Year all !

f164a76e6e101453551f54e551e03bdc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an automatic pass for me right now, as I'm not excited or anticipating the movie at all. It's the first MCU movie that I don't really look forward to. I'll be seeing it still since the MCU has earned my loyalty, but the trailers haven't wowed me, she does nothing for me, and the marketing/interviews I've stumbled across have helped to turn me off the character as of right now.

If it's a great movie, my mind might be changed. :dunno

I look forward to seeing the cat, Coulson and Fury. If that counts. :lol

Ditto. IMO too many issues with IW - including rushing through stuff - for me to feel anything except irritated about the shoehorning in of the "most powerful evah!" Was a time when the MCU took time to build and care about its characters.

I'll pass on paying for a theater view. And to me not using rooted hair is just HT cutting corners, again. Like not having a rooted hair Hela sculpt or plastic shields for Cap.

Sculpted hair, red and blue suit; I'm sold. Now I'm just waiting for a confirmation of Bespin Han and my 2019 is done! :)

Ditto. IMO too many issues with IW - including rushing through stuff - for me to feel anything except irritated about the shoehorning in of the "most powerful evah!" Was a time when the MCU took time to build and care about its characters.

I'll pass on paying for a theater view. And to me not using rooted hair is just HT cutting corners, again. Like not having a rooted hair Hela sculpt or plastic shields for Cap.
Build and care about their characters? Judging from the fact that most of those characters have already had 3 solo films worth of development could be a perfect explanation as to why they would begin focusing on the narrative of Thanos as opposed to giving us more of the same... get outta here.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Cool. I guess they will announce the figure during the opening week of the movie, but this won’t actually be in shelves until 2020?

Alright alright alright, bring on Captain Marvel. So glad she is going to have sculpted hair. Now give us a head with her helmet on and we've got us a awesome figure.

Back