1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Captain Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Read the post you just quoted. ;)

:slap :rotfl

I must be blind. :lol

Too funny!!!!! :lol :lol

I dare you to do a pic with the figure wearing the jacket with her head turned in a dark closeup under the caption ? ? Drop the taco..get in the car! ? :wink1:

Yeah I'll try it out!!!!
tXkKYen.gif

I hate to be a Negative Nelly, especially since you love this figure so much, but the paint application for the mohawk hair is pretty lousy. It's wayyyy too flat and just makes the figure look toy-ish. HT should have done a better job painting the hair, giving it more colors and tones...but what can you do? :dunno

I can see your point, but it does not bother me in the slightest. In my opinion sculpting/rooting hair in these small scales seems a bit problematic.

Yes I was aware of the boots' split design, so using extenders could be problematic. That said, I believe some people used them on Tactical Batman, and that also had a split design. I think as long as the upper part of the boot can slide down over the extender it should still work. Time will tell.

It seems the top part of the boots are free floating, similar to Deadpool, as I'm able to move them side to side slightly. Again, I'm not too bothered by the height of CM :)

I keep coming back for this. Really makes me happy to see another one of us go bonkers for these figures :rock

Always nice to see someone dig their new figure! :clap

G'aaaaahhhhh I'm still REALLY EXCITED to have it in person!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ted :pigfly:

I'm still gawking that she's here!!!!!!!!! It feels almost unbelievable that I can hold this Captain Marvel figure :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

the true, new "strongest there is": Captain Marvel!

:chase

I agree!!!!!!!!!!!
tXkKYen.gif
tXkKYen.gif
tXkKYen.gif
tXkKYen.gif
tXkKYen.gif

So.... how about some posing?
I'm really curious about what kind of posing this one is capable of with that restrictive suit.

I should have have a substantial amount of free time tomorrow to attempt to pose her up with the jacket and photon blasts and snap a few more photos. Just feeling her, the figure feels stiff, with nice tight joints. I'd also say the suit does seem pretty restrictive, as I cannot get her leg raised up significantly (it feels like the suit puts it back in position lol), and the top portion armor of the suit is hard plastic and doesn't lend to any or much torso articulation, from what I can tell. Of course for me I'm not too bothered as I prefer museum poses. Perchance others may have a different experience and are more adventurous to push the limits of the articulation :)

It seems the top part of the boots are free floating, similar to Deadpool, as I'm able to move them side to side slightly. Again, I'm not too bothered by the height of CM :)

Good to know. Thanks for the feedback!

Hey, in your next post can you include a few photos featuring the light-up helmet & mohawk? I think it looks good in Justin's review, but interested to get your take.

Good to know. Thanks for the feedback!

Hey, in your next post can you include a few photos featuring the light-up helmet & mohawk? I think it looks good in Justin's review, but interested to get your take.

Yes absolutely! I want to utilize most of the accessories, and while I don't use light up features in my figures, g'ahh I'm going to use it for the helmeted sculpt! :panic:

Zurdo is making me beyond jealous. Hope Hot Toys is able to ship her out to Sideshow soon. I need to stop checking this thread for my own sanity!

haha, ditto on that!

I apologize :monkey3

I wonder when we will get this in the states...April?...May?

D'oh I hope it's sooner than later, of course I certainly do hope the situation gets better, so CM can be released worldwide, and on that note I CANNOT WAIT for my other PO's to arrive to complete my Captain Marvel display!!!!! :panic:

Now, again please bear with my incoming posts :monkey3

Man, this figure is an ABSOLUTE MARVEL!!!!!!!! :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud:

SHE'S JUST MARVELOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! G'AAAHHHHH I'm just having an absolute BLAST with Captain Marvel!!!!!!!!!!!

P2pfNjc.jpg

WjG6Fvm.jpg

Qjb5gcd.jpg

krJLWkB.jpg

VvmkXSc.jpg

fzhu8Nk.jpg

3cwZCnV.jpg

xKfTkhL.jpg

QneJ53k.jpg

Wtvb81R.jpg

So Zurdo, it's a little hard to gauge from your posts....Do you like the Captain Marvel figure? :monkey3

qR5whlX.gif

Looking good, Zurdo! Have you tried any in-flight poses? I'd love to recreate this iconic look, but I'm guessing those hard shoulder pads will make it impossible.

View attachment 481988

Thanks! I haven't quite yet tried to articulate it in those awesome flying poses, since the suit feels somewhat restrictive to work with, but man I'd LOVE to get her in that iconic pose! That is the exact pose I wanted to get her in (which is a similar pose when she charges to Ronan's barrage of warheads) however, for me I feel the suit puts the leg back in position when I raise her leg and the helmeted head sculpt doesn't look up as much as I would like it to. The arms can be raised at least 90 degrees forward, but again I think you'd have to tug with the suit to fudge it higher. But of course, it doesn't bother me much. Though, I'm still going to try to recreate some other poses inspired by the film :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I was able to recreate one of my favorite moments from the film, when she's falling to Earth and right before landing, ignites and learns to fly...

Xx6TBIu.jpg

C9iTKPq.jpg

n9fuszf.jpg

jvaWTcn.jpg

HvPhee9.jpg

5TCh92B.jpg

Thanks! I haven't quite yet tried to articulate it in those awesome flying poses, since the suit feels somewhat restrictive to work with, but man I'd LOVE to get her in that iconic pose! That is the exact pose I wanted to get her in (which is a similar pose when she charges to Ronan's barrage of warheads) however, for me I feel the suit puts the leg back in position when I raise her leg and the helmeted head sculpt doesn't look up as much as I would like it to. The arms can be raised at least 90 degrees forward, but again I think you'd have to tug with the suit to fudge it higher. But of course, it doesn't bother me much. Though, I'm still going to try to recreate some other poses inspired by the film :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Yeah, I had a feeling that would be asking too much. I'll probably have to settle for something like this, but given what you've said about the suit restricting the leg lift & the helmet's limitations I'll still have to compromise slightly. Regardless, I can't wait to get her!

Captain_Marvel_Studios_Brie_Larson.jpg

Zurdo thanks for all of these pics!!!!

This figure looks more impressive every time I see it!!!!

Even though the suit seems sort of restrictive, it appears that she can still be put in a lot of interesting poses!

That’s not a big deal for me because I tend to lose most of my figures in non dynamic poses.

I love the way she looks in the helmeted sculpt but I think I may try to lighten her hair a bit ...but I don’t want to mess it up.

Do you think it would be dangerous to try to modify the hair on the helmeted head slightly?

Also how far would you feel comfortable leaving the arms bent at the elbow?

Yeah, I had a feeling that would be asking too much. I'll probably have to settle for something like this, but given what you've said about the suit restricting the leg lift & the helmet's limitations I'll still have to compromise slightly. Regardless, I can't wait to get her!

View attachment 482003

Another great iconic pose also!!! Yeah! I do certainly hope she gets released internationally soon, and on that note I CANNOT wait for my other PO's to arrive to complete my Captain Marvel display!!!!!!!
tXkKYen.gif
tXkKYen.gif
tXkKYen.gif
tXkKYen.gif

Zurdo thanks for all of these pics!!!!

This figure looks more impressive every time I see it!!!!

Even though the suit seems sort of restrictive, it appears that she can still be put in a lot of interesting poses!

That’s not a big deal for me because I tend to lose most of my figures in non dynamic poses.

I love the way she looks in the helmeted sculpt but I think I may try to lighten her hair a bit ...but I don’t want to mess it up.

Do you think it would be dangerous to try to modify the hair on the helmeted head slightly?

Also how far would you feel comfortable leaving the arms bent at the elbow?

I'm glad I can express my excitement for this figure on this forum :) :) :)

I'd say if you have the skill and time, go for customizing the hair piece to your desire, good thing is it's a separate piece to the helmeted sculpt.

It's not troublesome leaving her elbows bent for more than a few to twenty min., from when I was attempting to pose her up as the bunching of the suit goes back to how it was. Though I'm not too certain about days at time, but I suspect one would be cautionary about that. Though the suit does seem a bit tough, as when the elbow joint pinched the suit, it did not leave any indents, only a slight mark, even then that does not bother me at all. :)

Back