1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Captain Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favorite MCU villain next to my favorite super heroine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :panic: :panic:

8VFGmrG.jpg

nvl5EsD.jpg

JxHCQD2.jpg

Captain Marvel has space ships as part of the setting, so I nabbed a HT Ripley display base to more so replicate that
tXkKYen.gif
tXkKYen.gif
tXkKYen.gif
tXkKYen.gif
tXkKYen.gif

sg0ncBW.jpg

hg84lFe.jpg

Thanks! :) I'm soooooo happyyyyyyyy with how she looks on it!!!!
tXkKYen.gif
tXkKYen.gif
tXkKYen.gif
lol It's from the HT MMS 366 Alien Ellen Ripley figure, I was able to get one off TA
tXkKYen.gif
tXkKYen.gif
tXkKYen.gif

Good choice - it's a nice change from the standard HT bases we've been getting.

Hey, how do the boots fit? I was wondering if you've contemplated using short extenders or longer foot pins to make her a tad taller. Assuming it's feasible, it seems to me that it could be done without it looking unnatural.

Hey, how do the boots fit? I was wondering if you've contemplated using short extenders or longer foot pins to make her a tad taller. Assuming it's feasible, it seems to me that it could be done without it looking unnatural.

The boots are the newer split design, so the top of the boots aren't attached to the feet. But the feet feel stiff on my figure and can't get them to move other than standard rotation. I don't feel tempted to use ankle extenders since I'm not bothered too much by the height, though I've read criticisms of the HT female figures being much shorter than the male figures, but again I'm not bothered by it - and it's my SECOND HT female figure EVAR!!!!!!
tXkKYen.gif
tXkKYen.gif
tXkKYen.gif

The boots are the newer split design, so the top of the boots aren't attached to the feet. But the feet feel stiff on my figure and can't get them to move other than standard rotation. I don't feel tempted to use ankle extenders since I'm not bothered too much by the height, though I've read criticisms of the HT female figures being much shorter than the male figures, but again I'm not bothered by it - and it's my SECOND HT female figure EVAR!!!!!!
tXkKYen.gif
tXkKYen.gif
tXkKYen.gif

I dare you to do a pic with the figure wearing the jacket with her head turned in a dark closeup under the caption “ “ Drop the taco..get in the car! “ :wink1:

Snapped a few more with the helmeted head sculpt!!!!! She looks stellar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thud: :thud: :thud:

hKTErRL.jpg

wP5xfjb.jpg

DoSyiXg.jpg

ij6OWcu.jpg

EKZg2Px.jpg

EGVgJad.jpg

Please forgive my posting :monkey3

I can't help it, I just friggin' LOOOOVVVEEEEE Captain Marvel! :blissy

:peace :love

I hate to be a Negative Nelly, especially since you love this figure so much, but the paint application for the mohawk hair is pretty lousy. It's wayyyy too flat and just makes the figure look toy-ish. HT should have done a better job painting the hair, giving it more colors and tones...but what can you do? :dunno

I hate to be a Negative Nelly, especially since you love this figure so much, but the paint application for the mohawk hair is pretty lousy. It's wayyyy too flat and just makes the figure look toy-ish. HT should have done a better job painting the hair, giving it more colors and tones...but what can you do? :dunno

I'd never use the helmeted sculpt anyway, so I didn't even notice!

You HATE to be a Negative Nelly??? Why do I picture you with a gleam in your eyes, evilly twisting your moustache like Snidley Whiplash as you type that? :lol

Surprisingly, the mohawk actually looks like a pretty good match (colorwise) to the hair on the main sculpt - it seems more brown than I thought it would be. But I agree, they could have done a better job on it. But when I pose her with the helmeted head I'll likely be using the light-up mohawk more often than not, so not a deal breaker.

tXkKYen.gif
tXkKYen.gif
tXkKYen.gif

Yes I was aware of the boots' split design, so using extenders could be problematic. That said, I believe some people used them on Tactical Batman, and that also had a split design. I think as long as the upper part of the boot can slide down over the extender it should still work. Time will tell.

Yeah the one thing I'm noticing is how short those lower legs appear to be in all the pics so far, so I think some ankle extenders would not only help with the height issue but improve the proportions at the same time. Much like with Hela, whose proportions also seemed really off until you lengthened the legs.

You HATE to be a Negative Nelly??? Why do I picture you with a gleam in your eyes, evilly twisting your moustache like Snidley Whiplash as you type that? :lol

Surprisingly, the mohawk actually looks like a pretty good match (colorwise) to the hair on the main sculpt - it seems more brown than I thought it would be. But I agree, they could have done a better job on it. But when I pose her with the helmeted head I'll likely be using the light-up mohawk more often than not, so not a deal breaker.

Blast, you figured it out...this totally was ME!!! I've been foiled yet again! Blast you Buffinator!

giphy.gif

Back