1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame - Rocket

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So has anyone brought the Endgame rocket specifically to display with the Endgame Iron Patriot Mk2 armour?

Not specifically although I will definitely try them together to see how they look!

I probably would have picked up Rocket anyway, but I did find a close mouth sculpt specifically so I could pose him with IP MK2.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I specifically bought EG Rocket for the Nano Gauntlet (that has no LED's), the Reality "angry sludge" extractor that has no specific method of storage on the figure (they could have made a simple loop strap but something more akin to Nebula's SINGLE collapsed baton holster), the 2 pairs of goggles (that only magnetize to the EG Rocket screaming headsculpt), another screaming Rocket headsculpt because a.) it's such a rare headsculpt and b.) because Rocket's lines in this particular movie call for him to be screaming more than any other MCU film featuring him, the ability to swap the extremely poorly sculpted plastic scarf for one of the finest tailored pieces of material I've seen (and will probably ever see), the 2 pistols that fit so perfectly in his trigger hands, the 2 blasters that fit so perfectly in his trigger hands, the blaster/pistol layout so ingenious, no one has figured it out yet (Rocket can holster the pistols when not in use, but the blasters are too big for the holsters so he must have to just toss them in the garbage or something so incredibly advanced, even the people who did the Art of Endgame book hadn't even figured out), and last but so certainly not least because it was not only the most surprising but seeing them for the 1st time, it made collector's feel like they definitely got their gmoney's worth :wink1:, of course I'm talking about the 80's high end articulated toes which were right up there with the kung-fu grip and the telescoping Vader light saber!

Just in case of 2 highly unlikely outcomes from this post: #1: You read this far and #2: Somehow my sarcasm didn't make it through the keyboard I'd like to clear things up!

I do like EG Rocket's more comic accurate look which is the REAL reason I bought this thing in the first place. Immediately after unboxing, I grabbed the non-screaming headsculpt from GotG Vol. 2 figure (I think, yep, MMS411 Deluxe) which came with the "highly detailed heavy machine gun" which, IMO, was one of the best looking fake weapons that did nothing but look badass (when they could have easily just made the "Gatling barrel" rotate and/or make the ammo chamber/power pack removable with a spare, but doing the minimal has been HT's motto for years now). And I also took the pair of goggles that sit on his forehead and cut out a "stencil" shape around the inside border with mounting tape, grabbed a black sharpie and colored the white edges of the mounting tape and stuck it to the non-screaming portrait. Besides the toes, he looks ok.

Not specifically although I will definitely try them together to see how they look!

I specifically bought EG Rocket for the Nano Gauntlet (that has no LED's), the Reality "angry sludge" extractor that has no specific method of storage on the figure (they could have made a simple loop strap but something more akin to Nebula's SINGLE collapsed baton holster), the 2 pairs of goggles (that only magnetize to the EG Rocket screaming headsculpt), another screaming Rocket headsculpt because a.) it's such a rare headsculpt and b.) because Rocket's lines in this particular movie call for him to be screaming more than any other MCU film featuring him, the ability to swap the extremely poorly sculpted plastic scarf for one of the finest tailored pieces of material I've seen (and will probably ever see), the 2 pistols that fit so perfectly in his trigger hands, the 2 blasters that fit so perfectly in his trigger hands, the blaster/pistol layout so ingenious, no one has figured it out yet (Rocket can holster the pistols when not in use, but the blasters are too big for the holsters so he must have to just toss them in the garbage or something so incredibly advanced, even the people who did the Art of Endgame book hadn't even figured out), and last but so certainly not least because it was not only the most surprising but seeing them for the 1st time, it made collector's feel like they definitely got their gmoney's worth :wink1:, of course I'm talking about the 80's high end articulated toes which were right up there with the kung-fu grip and the telescoping Vader light saber!

Just in case of 2 highly unlikely outcomes from this post: #1: You read this far and #2: Somehow my sarcasm didn't make it through the keyboard I'd like to clear things up!

I do like EG Rocket's more comic accurate look which is the REAL reason I bought this thing in the first place. Immediately after unboxing, I grabbed the non-screaming headsculpt from GotG Vol. 2 figure (I think, yep, MMS411 Deluxe) which came with the "highly detailed heavy machine gun" which, IMO, was one of the best looking fake weapons that did nothing but look badass (when they could have easily just made the "Gatling barrel" rotate and/or make the ammo chamber/power pack removable with a spare, but doing the minimal has been HT's motto for years now). And I also took the pair of goggles that sit on his forehead and cut out a "stencil" shape around the inside border with mounting tape, grabbed a black sharpie and colored the white edges of the mounting tape and stuck it to the non-screaming portrait. Besides the toes, he looks ok.

I am pretty sure this post summarizes collecting in general! I did all of the same things you described, ultimately spending $300+ for a 5 inch tall figure. And I'd be bummed if I hadn't! :hi5:

Well now I don't feel like I wasted my time reading your long winded post! :lol

Appreciate the subtle jabs/shout out! :hi5:

That was indeed an enjoyable read from bling.

Now for a possibly odd question - has anyone tried putting the GotG1 head onto the EG body?

Haha. Excellent read. Rocket to me always looked like a Marvel Legend. Love the character but cannot spend 200+ on a Marvel Legend. Reading your post, glad I didn't

Rocket rocks! A GotG2 and Endgame remix :lol

Attachments

• Rocket rocks.jpg
    Rocket rocks.jpg
    659.9 KB · Views: 172
For those that own him...is his clothing material pretty much the same as what they're using on the new Caps?

For those that own him...is his clothing material pretty much the same as what they're using on the new Caps?

Hey gmoney,

I don’t have the new Cap yet, but I can say that his outfit is not regular fabric like the GOTG2 version. It is much more a synthetic/rubber type of out fit. So yeah it probably is similar to the material they are using on the new Cap based on appearance.

Hey gmoney,

I don’t have the new Cap yet, but I can say that his outfit is not regular fabric like the GOTG2 version. It is much more a synthetic/rubber type of out fit. So yeah it probably is similar to the material they are using on the new Cap based on appearance.

Hmm, pity...appreciate the response!

Hmm, pity...appreciate the response!

I also prefer fabric (when it is well done), although for this particular suit I think that this material is a good choice to make it the closest possible to the one that we can see in the movie. Anyway, that is the reason because I decided not purchasing the new Capt America and stay with my CW-BD (promo edition) version. I got Rocket because I found it slightly discounted and still sealed in the brown box from a person who purchased it and did not want it any longer due to space issues. Rocket will make a nice display together with Patriot and, in the meanwhile, I enjoy very much the display with baby Groot. I think that the figure has a lot of presence in spite of the size.

I also prefer fabric (when it is well done), although for this particular suit I think that this material is a good choice to make it the closest possible to the one that we can see in the movie. Anyway, that is the reason because I decided not purchasing the new Capt America and stay with my CW-BD (promo edition) version. I got Rocket because I found it slightly discounted and still sealed in the brown box from a person who purchased it and did not want it any longer due to space issues. Rocket will make a nice display together with Patriot and, in the meanwhile, I enjoy very much the display with baby Groot. I think that the figure has a lot of presence in spite of the size.

Yeah, I think this version of Rocket is a very versatile piece and I totally agree that he does have a lot of ?presence? despite his small size.

I find that the rubber/synthetic nature of the costume does not detract much from my use of this figure. While he certainly does not have the level of articulation that the GOTG Vol 2 version has, this endgame version does allow quite a bit of movement. Also the suit looks very good in person meanwhile creases don?t seem to linger. I had his arm bent for a long time holding the big GOTG 2 gun but upon looking at him today he looks fine. So overall although he doesn?t have a fabric outfit I think he is great and is superior to the GOTG version in almost every way (IMO) .

Sorry meant to include a picture of the arm straightened, I wanted gmoney and others to see that at least the material doesn’t hold on to creases.

Attachments

• 3DCF1B35-77E3-4A00-8B29-E8418225005C.jpg
    3DCF1B35-77E3-4A00-8B29-E8418225005C.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 208
  • FDC53304-A74B-486C-923F-39C084D8DB67.jpg
    FDC53304-A74B-486C-923F-39C084D8DB67.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 204
Yeah, I think this version of Rocket is a very versatile piece and I totally agree that he does have a lot of ?presence? despite his small size.

I find that the rubber/synthetic nature of the costume does not detract much from my use of this figure. While he certainly does not have the level of articulation that the GOTG Vol 2 version has, this endgame version does allow quite a bit of movement. Also the suit looks very good in person meanwhile creases don?t seem to linger. I had his arm bent for a long time holding the big GOTG 2 gun but upon looking at him today he looks fine. So overall although he doesn?t have a fabric outfit I think he is great and is superior to the GOTG version in almost every way (IMO) .

Sorry meant to include a picture of the arm straightened, I wanted gmoney and others to see that at least the material doesn’t hold on to creases.

Appreciate you providing the photos to showcase the resiliency of the material. :hi5:

I dunno...maybe I'll wait it out and see what GOTG 3 or Thor 4 brings...

Appreciate you providing the photos to showcase the resiliency of the material. :hi5:

I dunno...maybe I'll wait it out and see what GOTG 3 or Thor 4 brings...

That is a totally understandable approach. Any GOTG 3 Rocket is likely to have better materials and paint applications than this version and will likely include a headsculpt non-screaming headsculpt option. But I think this figure is fantastic as it is, and for me this is probably going to be the definitive version of Rocket.

That is a totally understandable approach. Any GOTG 3 Rocket is likely to have better materials and paint applications than this version and will likely include a headsculpt non-screaming headsculpt option. But for me this is probably going to be THE version is Rocket for me.

I fully agree. The scene on IM-Patriot is epic. :) Still a long wait to get Patriot and put both together...:impatient:

No love for this figure, huh? Weird to see a release with a thread containing only 9 pages

It's a bit hard to show love to a tiny figure that comes with no accessories (no 2nd headsculpt), cheap rubbery/vinyl outfit, and blatant toy hinges on the feet...especially when it's priced nearly the same as the prior releases which included an extra portrait and had a fabric outfit.

Cheap, cheap, cheap!

It's a bit hard to show love to a tiny figure that comes with no accessories (no 2nd headsculpt), cheap rubbery/vinyl outfit, and blatant toy hinges on the feet...especially when it's priced nearly the same as the prior releases which included an extra portrait and had a fabric outfit.

Cheap, cheap, cheap!

I love this figure and I count 34 pages in my browser. It was definitely overpriced, but the outfit looks great. Should've come with the second headsculpt, which I consider to be the one big miss...

I love this figure and I count 34 pages in my browser. It was definitely overpriced, but the outfit looks great. Should've come with the second headsculpt, which I consider to be the one big miss...
Yeah I'm totally here for this one too. If I didn't own the first two I'd have already bought this one easily.

Yeah my browser says 34 pages as well.
Although I agree with some of the criticism of this figure (price, lack of non screaming sculpt) I love this figure. I prefer the material that they use for his outfit over the material used with the GOTG figure and it looks great. Also I don’t mind the hinged feet that gmoney mentions above. Although I can see how the overall aesthetic of the feet could be a turn-off for some, I don’t find it to be very noticeable and the hinged feet on this version help with the stability of this figure BIG TIME.

Back