1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That head is small :lol The shoulder being wider contributes to it but the head is definitely smaller than previous iterations, wider shoulders or not. You can tell just by looking at the jaw area.

144373793_10221289344075949_1888098639116328169_o.jpg

Head looks small to me here... quite small.

View attachment 505259

There’s a factor here to consider. When you look at almost all our heroes they use a superhero proportion of 9 heads for the artwork. When it comes to costuming, often, you can see that Chris Evans is tall but he’s no Schwarzenegger. In a couple of scenes we have seen him really pumped up with few items of clothing on. But mainly it will be padded suits and wide shoulders that enhance that effect. When it comes to HT figures in general and cap in particular, I see the same posts regarding the end result of the figure in that he doesn’t look muscular enough. There are two solutions to that. Either use larger bodies that will start to make Cap seem out of scale with other figures or, slightly reduce the size of the head.
I’m only playing devils advocate here, but I am loving that “9 heads” proportion in the pics posted in the last few pages.
His body really looks massive and gives a real sense of him still being that awesome super soldier.

I can definitely say that smaller headsculpt looks jarring compared to all the others.
In watching some reviews, it appears that the new Steve Rogers sculpt is the normal size
of previous sculpts... any comparison shots of that?

The new sculpt is small. But the shoulders are bulkier on the figure. Ultimately the good far outweighs the bad on this figure so I'll pick him up.
20210203_090016.jpg20210203_090746.jpg

That head is small :lol The shoulder being wider contributes to it but the head is definitely smaller than previous iterations, wider shoulders or not. You can tell just by looking at the jaw area.

144373793_10221289344075949_1888098639116328169_o.jpg

I also think that as a result of the higher collar he has a JL Superman long neck situation going on. Either that or the head isn't fully seated in that photo. Compare where the bottom of his chin is vs. that of the IW version - it's way too high.

Good news is that the other helmeted Cap sculpts (Civil War, Age of Ultron, Stealth Cap) are readily
available and have the neck attached, so just popping one of those on this body would solve the issue...
no worries about the neck not matching the skin tone of the face.

I was perfectly happy with the old helmeted sculpt, so it is not really a downgrade.

Yeah the helmeted head does look a bit undersized now, but with a more dynamic pose will hopefully not be as obvious. And the likeness on the other head is so good I'll probably be displaying it more with that one anyway.

Back