1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What’s most disappointing is how they solicited this with all the flaws, wrong Star size and outer star scales sizes wrong traps, no bulk in the legs. No dirt or wear on the headsculpts. No squinting eyes to pair with the angry mouthplates, he’s just wide eyed and relaxed while his mouth is yelling, absolutely terrible. But they know we will all buy it and especially some people will defend and act like those aren’t flaws to justify purchasing it. We will get it because it’s one of the last and most updated cap from the last of his appearances

Roughly a month and a half after the film has released and the hype is already waning for me. This is exactly part of what made me refrain from initially POing this. I no longer feel the slight urge to get him simply based alone on it being the final version of Cap in the MCU and the suit he had on when he wielded Mjolnir.

It’s essentially the CW version, and I feel that the suit on the figure for some reason doesn’t accurately capture what is otherwise a cool looking suit on screen, especially the chest plate. Body doesn’t look any different to me than the CW body and while it does boast a reworked unhelmeted sculpt, that’s of minimal concern to me because I always display my Cap figures helmeted if he wore his helmet in the film. Sans the half gritted teeth faceplate (which to me doesn’t really look right), the faceplates are also nothing different than CW.

All in all, if the final production figure stays relatively the same as what is shown, I feel this is an easy pass with already having CW Cap (which I think better captures the CW suit as seen on screen than this figure does the EG suit on screen). Between the two Infinity related Caps, I’m more impressed with IW Cap and feel that looks to have more presence on the shelf, in conjunction with having a unique look. So as it is, if I were to get another Cap, I’d probably go for that.

Roughly a month and a half after the film has released and the hype is already waning for me. This is exactly part of what made me refrain from initially POing this. I no longer feel the slight urge to get him simply based alone on it being the final version of Cap in the MCU and the suit he had on when he wielded Mjolnir.[...]

I didn't pre-order either. The only Cap I've owned is the A1 -- which I sold on after it started to feel very dated. Admittedly I'm not a big fan of the character, but I'd kinda like to have one on the shelf. Scales look is my favourite, so if production turns out well I may bite, but I can wait.

Worst case scenario I stay Cap-less. I could probably live with that.

I could definitely see that if I already had a pretty similar Cap, but I've got none. I didn't really like his IW look so am still definitely getting this one. Now just to wait!

I understand people not being sold on this Cap who already own the CW version. I had him myself and traded him for the concept version. Being a Cap fan I would love to have all the different versions, but that is just something I am not able to do. I knew this version was coming so the trade was not that big a deal to me, as the concept was a different enough look for me to justify doing it, knowing I would pick this guy up later. Not being able to get them all, I still like having the most varied looks as possible, that’s why customizing is great, but Caps look in the films has stayed pretty close these past few films since AOU, with IW being an exception, still everyone is gunna have their own favorite among them for one reason or another.

I love the Star Spangled Man version, just in the fact that it is not only close to comic accurate, but that it’s supposed to look awkward and silly on purpose as well. I Like weird stuff though, so that’s just me, guess that is why as quirky as it is I still like the OG Avengers suit, but I love this one for the scales and overall better style as well.

All that to say, I can’t wait to pick this guy up, and look forward to seeing a Mackie version sooner or later in the coming years to display with this and all my other Caps later.

I hope they nail the body and proportions for the Endgame Cap and looks as cool as the concept art one. I had the CW one but ended up selling it because of the weird look of shoulders, the body and did not like how the arms looked when posing him.

Enviado desde mi MI 5s mediante Tapatalk

I really do like the CW figure a lot, but the upper body on it has always struck me as looking a bit too large and boxy looking.

The body on this one so far looks to be the same. I agree that the proportions on the CA Cap look the best, but unfortunately, I just don’t like the suit. Wonder if anyone has tried the CW outfit on that body?

The problem for me is the scales. They really need to stand out on the suit like this
61995547_352984405403962_3367925755739598445_n.jpg
57487946_162255341460507_2466440273057494183_n.jpg
60311871_351713682067704_6625703937598377455_n (1).jpg
They are a slightly different tone than the rest of the suit and even slightly reflective in some shots. But the HT version just kinda blends in. Too bland
58657631_204014780561449_7071670769732057744_n.jpg

I'm in the same boat as a lot of you. I have the civil war version but I like him well enough. Haven't thought about selling him but if I didn't have that one, this one would be a no brainer. I love this version. Still so many great new figures out there I'd rather have before this one.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

I only have the First Avenger and then the Avenger's Captain America. I have this one on order so I will be happy. Probably display him Mjolnir and the broken shield at his feet.

Man that iron studios 1/4 is amazing. If Hot Toys can get close to that look omg. They have the same texture idea with the actual outfit, just fix the chest piece and proportions.

Back