1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They did better with the torso on the IW one. Why not keep it, but put the scales in the proper areas and fix the center a bit for the star.

I couldn't agree more. All they have to do is give us a clean version of that with a star and all the scales exposed. Heck, they don't even need to clean it up, as most of us would prefer it to look like he's been in a fight. Instead we're getting a figure with a broken shield and a pristine outfit. Makes zero sense.

The most jarring thing for me is the shape of the chest. The HT doesn't have that flat surface across the middle of the chest and the strong tuck in under the pecs, it's just one homogeneous rounded surface.

I want to believe Hot Toys had more than enough time to have an improved prototype developed before SDCC :( People say Hot Toys should go above and beyond, considering its his final suit -- but the logic could be the complete opposite, as Hot Toys may end up releasing a sub-par figure under the impression that people will just buy it considering the cinematic value and it being his 'final' suit. Also Mjolnir and broken Shield lol. I would rather have this delayed for another 1 year and receive an amazing final product.

I want to believe Hot Toys had more than enough time to have an improved prototype developed before SDCC :( People say Hot Toys should go above and beyond, considering its his final suit -- but the logic could be the complete opposite, as Hot Toys may end up releasing a sub-par figure under the impression that people will just buy it considering the cinematic value and it being his 'final' suit. Also Mjolnir and broken Shield lol. I would rather have this delayed for another 1 year and receive an amazing final product.

Same here, if they delayed it for a very long time in order to nail the proportions and correct the suit I wouldn’t mind the wait at all. I just want one good cap in a classic suit for my collection. I have IW and I love it but not that classic look. If this ends up piss poor I’ll just fork over the cash for a CW one and mod the traps.

Yea that chest is trash. And we def shoulda got a headpiece with blood and scratches like iron studios did. Can’t lie Their 1/4 and 1/10 is beating my beloved Hot toys right now on this one. They gotta fix this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something is really weird. Hmm

View attachment 460300

tenor.gif

A lot can certainly happen between now and release, but as is, that suit looks half-assed as ***.

Like others have said, the front of the suit looks to be all one piece; the scales aren’t a separate chest plate. They look like they’re meant to be underneath the fabric, as the strip between the scales and the stripes is fabric, not a separate plate that’s part of the scales. The blue in between the scales and the star is also supposed to be fabric.

If this does end up being what HT releases, the CW suit/figure in my opinion is hands down better.

Yeah if this doesn't get improved I may have to go the same route as that guy who modded the IW Cap, since the shape of the chest looks so much better on that figure.

Although that's more for a BD version from the final battle, and I'd still rather have a newer and cleaner outfit.

No not really. Its nowhere near as major of a gap and seperation. Its very nearly one piece. Zoom in on that meeting of blue and white. There is no gap on the suit at all. The figure gap on the other hand is really jarring

View attachment 460453

Ok now I see it.

Yes, it's clear from this photo that the blue area below the scales should be made from cloth and not plastic, and the plastic scale area should be flush with the cloth material. Hopefully HT fixes this, but I get the feeling they designed it the way they did to enhance torso articulation.

Probably...

would HT even listen to these criticisms? hope people are voicing these things out in platforms that will get to them.

would HT even listen to these criticisms? hope people are voicing these things out in platforms that will get to them.

If people are vocal enough, I think. They certainly did listen to them for them to make a new HS for EG Cap.

So was browsing the giantoy site today and came across a 1/12 endgame accessory kit by Nota studios. The swinging hammer is especially awesome and would be an instant buy. Hopefully now that this is out there another company could do a 1/6 scale version. cap hammer.jpg

If people are vocal enough, I think. They certainly did listen to them for them to make a new HS for EG Cap.

Maybe a little bit of polly on our end could give him that look? Anyone have ideas?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I posted a comment on their EG Cap post but I wouldn't know if they read all comments. We need someone pretty influential in the toy/figure social media platform to make some noise. Anyone on this board?

Essentially if it has similar proportions/ silhouette as the Concept Art CA, it'd be golden?

Pretty much and put the clean version of the IW Cap suit on but no idea what's the best way to add the scale mail detail on that suit. I think someone did a custom CW Cap with the scale mail look.

I have to imagine that once they saw the finished movie and what the suit looked like onscreen, HT realized their figure would need to have some improvements done to it. The differences are just too glaring not to notice.

Am I crazy or is that a 2012 Avengers Cap in the back of this shot? Kinda looks like it lol830E5D2D-800F-437F-920C-ECDB2ACB928E.jpeg

Back