1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Y'all are drinkin the koolaid. That's still far from a good likeness. Im proud of the people on Facebook, they're letting hot toys know what's up. If you keep being excited for mediocrity, than that is what you will always receive. Rotj Luke says hello lol.

The new sculpt seems to have been very well received on Facebook, with most of the negative comments relating to the old one. Unless I'm missing something. :dunno

Edit: Oh yes, now I can see them. The less than happy comments are on the individual photo replies.

Looks like this is the full set! I’m digging the pieces of the shield!

Attachments

• 368857EE-B591-45A1-BC98-66C0828FEC4E.jpeg
    368857EE-B591-45A1-BC98-66C0828FEC4E.jpeg
    520.7 KB · Views: 372
capFace.jpg

*sigh* It would have been nice if they updated the helmet version...even if it was just the eyes. It's like 2 different people.

Y'all are drinkin the koolaid. That's still far from a good likeness. Im proud of the people on Facebook, they're letting hot toys know what's up. If you keep being excited for mediocrity, than that is what you will always receive. Rotj Luke says hello lol.

The judgement for likeness is pure subjective. It doesn't mean that it's mediocrity for everybody.

By the way, some members here did complain on the social medias too when Hot Toys released the first promotion pictures.

And just curious: what have you done so far to change the situation, if you're really so not satisfied with the new HS?

Don't even say that, lol. :panic:

I'm just getting the IS EG Cap and I'm going to pretend he's standing alone watching Thanos' ship go down. I still might get HT EG and a ton of Avengers though, lol. This movie has totally blown what I thought I'd limit myself to from here on out. :lol

But yeah Cap and Thanos had two of the best staredowns ever; the first when Thanos did his "In all my conquests it was never personal" speech and then of course the second time when Thanos realized he was about to become ash.

You iz in big trouble when IS reveals their $1,200 EG Thanos and you have IS Cap standing there all by his lonesome with a broken shield not making any sense why it’s broken :lol

Sheesh relax Cap cost $300 not $3,000!

2 heads, an extra helmet, hammer, intact shield, broken shield, shield shards, peggy watch etc etc not bad for $300 so what if the sculpt is “only” 90% there!

Even if you payed $3,000 there’s no guarantee that will translate to another 5-15% likeness improvement.

Mediocrity, really, c’mon.

For $300 that entire package looks pretty damn impressive for me although I do wish his face was scuffed up some to match his uniform and shield but that’s a minor nitpick.

Hell I just may sell his unmasked head anyways to offset the cost of Thanos it will make me sleep a little better lol.

Last edited:
Yessssssss! I knew this would happen and preordered the day after I saw Endgame. The sculpt is a huge improvement (though I still liked the other one) and the accessories are a nice touch. Hammer, intact shield, broken shield, and broken pieces? And don't forget the Peggy locket too. This is a great release. Now we just need to see the Mk 85's accessories... Come on HT, you're batting a thousand.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It's a good improvement over the first one they produced... not being nit-picky cause it is so minor, but in Endgame, after the third time I watched it on IMAX, I noticed Steve Rogers had some "gray" hair on him... did anyone else notice that or was it my old eyes?

You iz in big trouble when IS reveals their $1,200 EG Thanos and you have IS Cap standing there all by his lonesome with a broken shield not making any sense why it’s broken :lol

Sheesh relax Cap cost $300 not $3,000!

2 heads, an extra helmet, hammer, intact shield, broken shield, shield shards, peggy watch etc etc not bad for $300 so what if the sculpt is “only” 90% there!

Even if you payed $3,000 there’s no guarantee that will translate to another 5-15% likeness improvement.

Mediocrity, really, c’mon.

For $300 that entire package looks pretty damn impressive for me although I do wish his face was scuffed up some to match his uniform and shield but that’s a minor nitpick.

Hell I just may sell his unmasked head anyways to offset the cost of Thanos it will make me sleep a little better lol.

If you don't vote with your wallet nothing will change. Am I supposed to be excited about that qui gon sculpt that doesn't look like Liam neeson too? Lol these are some of the most expensive figures you can buy, the likeness needs to be there, especially when they reused the last sculpt, how many times? 20?

Looks like an improvement. Wish we could see an update to the helmeted sculpt as well. That said, I think the new faceplate is probably how I'll display him.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Back