1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So after adamantly stating that I’d keep CW Cap, I’m toying with the idea of perhaps selling that one and getting EG instead. While I do prefer the fabric suit, I’m kind of thinking EG Cap would serve as a better book end my Cap collection though, being that I have TFA Cap. Therefore, would have both the first and last, with a couple in between. However, I think I’d want to wait to see what the final product looks like though before committing.

Not counting Rescue Cap and SSM Cap, if I were to get EG Cap, my Cap evolution would be as follows:

TFA Cap
SS Cap
AoU Cap
EG Cap (with special accessory)

I kind of feel that would be a sufficient MCU Cap evolution.

Lol am I the only with conviction? Don't buy the inferior rubber version!!! Resist!!!

But if you can't, yeah, def. wait for the final product photos.

Lol am I the only with conviction? Don't buy the inferior rubber version!!! Resist!!!

I know you’ve been complaining about the vinyl chest detail in a few previous posts, but the material in the movie looked just like that when I saw the movie.
I could be wrong of course. But it looks like they are giving us just what the movies showed us.
And the proto looks great to me. But I have them all so far and will get this one regardless.

I know you’ve been complaining about the vinyl chest detail in a few previous posts, but the material in the movie looked just like that when I saw the movie.
I could be wrong of course. But it looks like they are giving us just what the movies showed us.
And the proto looks great to me. But I have them all so far and will get this one regardless.

If the chain maille portion of the figure is vinyl then so be it, however the rest of the suit is vinyl as well...it should be fabric!!!

:lol

Well as I’ve mentioned, I prefer the cloth, but the new material isn’t a dealbreaker for me. Just simply a nitpick and not what I’d prefer. If the figure turns out looking great, I might be tempted to sell CW and get this one. I think it’d serve as a better bookend for my Cap collection. And I already have AoU Cap as well, which I quite like, so it’s not like I’d be cloth suit-less.

But as mentioned, I’ll wait for the final product. If I don’t for the majority like what I see to where it’s not worth boxing up and selling CW, I’ll just keep CW.

The new fabric they used on IW Cap and seem to now be moving towards, looks inaccurate to his IW suit to my eye. The cloth they used before I thought better resembled the way the actual suit fabric looks. When you look at up close pictures, the suit fabric looks like a smooth cloth, not rough like the new material.

_388cd18c-62f9-11e8-a998-12ee0acfa260.jpg

I didn’t pay attention to what the fabric of his EG suit looks like, but I presume it’d be the same as the previous ones.

So after adamantly stating that I’d keep CW Cap, I’m toying with the idea of perhaps selling that one and getting EG instead. While I do prefer the fabric suit, I’m kind of thinking EG Cap would serve as a better book end my Cap collection though, being that I have TFA Cap. Therefore, would have both the first and last, with a couple in between. However, I think I’d want to wait to see what the final product looks like though before committing.

Not counting Rescue Cap and SSM Cap, if I were to get EG Cap, my Cap evolution would be as follows:

TFA Cap
SS Cap
AoU Cap
EG Cap (with special accessory)

I kind of feel that would be a sufficient MCU Cap evolution.

I like your MCU Cap evolution, but mine would be:

Golden Age Cap
Stealth Suit Cap
AoU Cap
Civil War Cap
EG Cap

[emoji38]

Well as I’ve mentioned, I prefer the cloth, but the new material isn’t a dealbreaker for me. Just simply a nitpick and not what I’d prefer. If the figure turns out looking great, I might be tempted to sell CW and get this one. I think it’d serve as a better bookend for my Cap collection. And I already have AoU Cap as well, which I quite like, so it’s not like I’d be cloth suit-less.

But as mentioned, I’ll wait for the final product. If I don’t for the majority like what I see to where it’s not worth boxing up and selling CW, I’ll just keep CW.

The new fabric they used on IW Cap and seem to now be moving towards, looks inaccurate to his IW suit to my eye. The cloth they used before I thought better resembled the way the actual suit fabric looks. When you look at up close pictures, the suit fabric looks like a smooth cloth, not rough like the new material.

I didn’t pay attention to what the fabric of his EG suit looks like, but I presume it’d be the same as the previous ones.
Presumably they used that vinyl material on the IW version so they could easily replicate the battle damaged chest, which I assume would be a much more manual process in cloth.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Presumably they used that vinyl material on the IW version so they could easily replicate the battle damaged chest, which I assume would be a much more manual process in cloth.

That was always my assumption as well. Creating those holes in cloth would create a lot of fraying, as well as the cloth being much thicker/harder to roll up at the sleeves.

Perhaps they just found the synthetic material easier to work with as a whole.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

As much as I don't see the point in having both the CW and EG Caps since they look so similar, it's going to be awfully hard for me to part with that older figure given how great it still looks.

Although with all the layers the suit does look pretty thick and bulky on him, so I do prefer the thinner and more form-fitting look of this newer material.

Yeah, it would be difficult to part with CW Cap. I do like the way the suit looks without scales as well. And I also really like that opening fight scene in Lagos, and the regular CW Cap figure pretty much matches the suit in that scene exactly. Avengers logos on the shoulders, nice looking clean shield, a lot of gritted teeth moments that justify the gritted teeth faceplate, etc.

Who knows, perhaps if I do decide to get EG Cap, I’ll just say f-it and keep CW Cap while getting EG also. As impractical as it is to have both.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

You could probably also count the fact that both Captain and DX Hawkeye have 2 heads, but Captain has multiple change-out mouths, as a way to balance out Hawkeye having 1 or 2 more accessories.

As much as I don't see the point in having both the CW and EG Caps since they look so similar, it's going to be awfully hard for me to part with that older figure given how great it still looks.

Although with all the layers the suit does look pretty thick and bulky on him, so I do prefer the thinner and more form-fitting look of this newer material.

I think I'm still in the "cloth" camp seeing as the texturizing of the vinyl canvas bothers me. IW Cap looks OK on the shelf for me but not up close - but - I dunno, at first I was gonna leap on this Cap but he's gotta a lot of plastic:horror. The scales would be OK but the rest of the uniform is the plastic-ey stuff.

I'll probably pick EG Cap up in the end, but I've got CW Cap and battle damaged. If someone told me "you can never have this HT Cap" I wouldn't be upset. Just don't feel like leaping on this one now. Plus am really suspicious down the road that HT will just milk things and put out some sort of uber-Cap $$$$ - maybe.:dunno

But why not as Marvel is gonna have a fair gap after Spiderman. HT could fill the gap between movies by milking the Marvel license. Tho why I should have to pay more just to get a cloth uniform:cuckoo: when HT used to just try to match the screen material for scale in cloth *sigh*.

You could probably also count the fact that both Captain and DX Hawkeye have 2 heads, but Captain has multiple change-out mouths, as a way to balance out Hawkeye having 1 or 2 more accessories.

Ohh, didn’t click with me Cap has two heads haha.

I have CW and ordered EG. I'll display the CW version with Bucky and the EG version with my Avengers. Done.

See that’s another thing for me, as I’m not sure where EG Cap would fit in my display posed with the *ahem* special accessory. I have CW Cap posed with Mk 46, TWS WS, TWS BW, and SS Cap. So he fits in. And my Avengers group consists of all of the AoU Avengers next to the GotG1 group and other miscellaneous MCU figures, so that’s where I’d place EG Thanos if I get him.

So like I said, not sure where EG Cap would fit in.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol

Never noticed he had the scalemail UNDER the cloth. Cool!

Spoiler Spoiler:

source.gif

Why would it come with those? It’d probably just be a cracked Thanos helmet or something, similar to how CW came with a cracked Crossbones helmet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back