1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sad that Stealth is not coming.

Oh well. At least it makes choosing a lot easier.

I choose: Iron Man 85 + Captain America Endgame + Dr. Strange Infinity War + Armored Thanos = total satisfaction

I couldn't disagree more. If I had the civil war cap I would skip endgame version. I skipped civil war because I knew we would be getting the infinity war / endgame versions.

I'm actually pretty content with concept version, but ordered endgame anyway.

I said that wrong. I meant that this was the best cap in the movies not the best cap figure wise. I have the CW and i am tempted to get this because of how he was in the movie but i'm not sure if the figure is good enough.

Depends if you like the costume and want to display him with the soon to be not so secret accessory.

I have the AOU version and I am also getting this.

I can tell you the differences, not the reasons:

- newly developed body
- scales
- compass
- Endgame specific accessories
- a third interchangeable face
- weathered shield

It's up to you to decide if these are reason enough.

Thanks for the tips all! At this stage I think I'm good with the CW version. :duff

I wonder if Hot Toys will redo the Strike suit since their first attempt was so awful?

Well, I got a pretty good Stealth mod from a member here and I can deal with it if they don;t release a 2.0.
BF22476F-ADF1-434E-86CD-B9EE918E32C2.jpg

I wasn’t the biggest Cap fan; had the A1 Cap for a while and actually liked it, but it was kind of dated.

I really liked the character in Endgame and thought he had some great moments but haven’t pre-ordered yet, because I’m a little worried HT is about to reveal 1 or 2 other versions...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I got a pretty good Stealth mod from a member here and I can deal with it if they don;t release a 2.0.
View attachment 451710

That’s a really cool Cap line up to represent the evolution of Cap from his solo films. I have something similar, with essentially the main Cap and the villain from each solo Cap film. With the addition of a few variants.

0F0066AA-70AF-4796-9C95-235675F17C86.jpg

Then the other Cap I have is AoU Cap with the AoU Avengers group.

That's a nice display.

I've always wanted the Black Widow from TWS but she does look a bit undersized there. Is she in hand?

View attachment 451710

Beautiful evolution.... but good god man, those cards are hiding half the figure.

This looks like the definitive Cap for me. I have the Strike suit from TWS but have yet to pull the trigger on his true suit.

This is the one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aside from them reusing the same sculpt, I think both heads are way too small. They’ve been too small for the body, especially the neck, making his shoulders look really broad and it pronounces the lack of traps. The the body on the IW Cap looked great, so did the Concept version. IW Cap’s neck and head were obviously new, so the proportions better matched the body.

That's a nice display.

I've always wanted the Black Widow from TWS but she does look a bit undersized there. Is she in hand?

Thanks bud. :duff

I really don’t like SSM Cap, I think it just fails across the board as a figure, but it has some sentimental value being that it was a gift from a family member knowing that I like Cap, so I can’t bring myself to get rid of it. :lol

Regarding TWS Widow, you know, I’ve never really noticed it in hand if she is or not. She may be slightly smaller than AoU, CW, and IW Widow now that you mention it, but at the same time, my photo is at a slight downward angle, so it’s possible it may be giving that illusion. When I look at it in person, it looks fine to me. Plus, Scarjo is only 5’3” or something like that, so having the characters she’s flanked by towering over her doesn’t really bother me. Eyeballing it straight on, the very top of her head is pretty much parallel with the top of the shoulder of both Cap figures and Mk 46.

TWS Widow is one of my favorite Widow renditions though. She’s a pretty solid figure. Even though CW has the better likeness, I think TWS likeness is good enough and I like her overall TWS look better.

Beautiful evolution.... but good god man, those cards are hiding half the figure.[/QUOTE]

I don’t usually display like this. These are actually Steelbooks of his solo movies as I rewatch the Captain America saga before seeing Endgame again.

TWS Widow is one of my favorite Widow renditions though. She’s a pretty solid figure. Even though CW has the better likeness, I think TWS likeness is good enough and I like her overall TWS look better.

Yeah, I still like the TWS Black Widow best too.

I think the latest BW from Endgame may have the best likeness of the bunch though now.

Agreed. Unfortunately, I have no interest in her though. I figure two BWs is enough for that character. I have TWS and AoU to go with my AoU group. Most I’d do is just get a CW sculpt and stick it on the AoU figure.

Seen the film and loved Cap in it. I have to say it was.....

Spoiler Spoiler:

I don't currently have a Hot Toys Cap so I will happily order this one!

Spoiler Spoiler:

So all i have left to say is.....

Spoiler Spoiler:

I think this figure is getting more credit than it deserves. When you really take a good look at it, there are a lot of inaccuracies.

With having the CW version myself, the thing I fear most is POing this and once the hype wears off in a year, realizing that it was probably not a good $275 investment being that it’s so similar to CW Cap, and that I’m perfectly content with CW Cap.

Do you know whether the entire upper suit is made up plastics or fabric?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

With having the CW version myself, the thing I fear most is POing this and once the hype wears off in a year, realizing that it was probably not a good $275 investment being that it’s so similar to CW Cap, and that I’m perfectly content with CW Cap.

Why don't you just sell the CW Cap and get this one instead.
I think CW version is still worth some pretty penny.

57133924_2091942264439765_6836583529321867521_n.jpg

Iron studios cap sculpt looks damn decent. Im really suprised by HT not capitalizing on this potential final outing with a brand new one.

Back