1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here in New Mexico. First we ban plastic bags now this. Fantastic. So now with tax and their ridiculous shipping it really prices them out for me

Yup, in AZ too. SS was going charging me $16 bucks in tax and $22 in shipping for my order of The Mandalorian. I just went with Cotswold Collectibles instead. They didn't charge tax and shipping was $17 bucks with insurance.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

it is still with the wrong shield
80973309_10156783224297344_8252900549708480512_o.jpg
Its going to ship with that shield, I'm sure. This figure was baked months ago, as we saw with the early exclusive release. I sincerely doubt they're re-engineering the shield (or the terrible outfit) in between releases. They're just producing the accessories that are new to this release and shipping it.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

WTF??? So now something I preordered last year and am finally gonna pay off this month is gonna get tacked on with another additional $20 for tax??? OH F. - C KKKKK YOU SS!!! I'm so pissed right now!!!

:banghead :stake :gah:

WTF??? So now something I preordered last year and am finally gonna pay off this month is gonna get tacked on with another additional $20 for tax??? OH F. - C KKKKK YOU SS!!! I'm so pissed right now!!!

:banghead :stake :gah:

None of my current orders on payments have any tax yet added to them. Hoping these don?t or that?s Jacked since basically the order is done for said price.

None of my current orders on payments have any tax yet added to them. Hoping these don?t or that?s Jacked since basically the order is done for said price.

Yeah I believe orders placed in 2019 are safe. I converted one of mine to single payment and it shipped yesterday without being charged taxes. I regret not locking in some other pre orders before the new year though.

It's not Sideshow's fault though. Amazon started doing it and more online retailers are having to follow suit. Governments want as much tax dollars as they can get.

It's not Sideshow's fault though. Amazon started doing it and more online retailers are having to follow suit. Governments want as much tax dollars as they can get.

Yeah, states are underfunded and figured out there's a cash cow there. It stung when BBTS started taxing me. *Shrug* ultimately I just buy less and concentrate on most wanted, thanks to increasing prices + shipping + tax.

Although - I guess US-ers are still better off, than international community having to pay bloated customs and misc. charges we don't have like this VAT. I'd hardly ever buy anything from the sound of it, if I lived in Europe. Canada doesn't sound much better on that score based on various posts.

One more reason for me to buy less stuff and from places other than sideshow (I realize it's not their fault, but full retail price + excessive shipping + sales tax makes buying from sideshow too expensive).

One more reason for me to buy less stuff and from places other than sideshow (I realize it's not their fault, but full retail price + excessive shipping + sales tax makes buying from sideshow too expensive).

:exactly:

Thankfully EG Thanos is the only figure I have on order through SS, and it sounds like it'll stay that way.

What's a better place to order figures from? BBTS also charges tax but at least their shipping is only $4.

Yeah I believe orders placed in 2019 are safe. I converted one of mine to single payment and it shipped yesterday without being charged taxes. I regret not locking in some other pre orders before the new year though.

Hope so. The only thing I have left on preorder at SS is Iron Man MK85. It doesnt show tax added but I have a feeling when it's shipping they will tack on the charge. I guess we'll see when the first new preorders start shipping soon for people.

A lot of people in this thread who apparently don?t think giving more of their money to the government is a net good for society. :lol

I already pay sales tax on just about everything else I purchase online, so having SS start charging it really doesn't bother me.

Honestly not sure why it's so big an issue to people.

Tax by itself is not the issue. It's the total cost. Rewards points aside, it's about $20 less for me to order from somewhere else (BBTS, time walker, pop culture zone, etc.)

Back