1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Black Widow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Idk... I think they probably have a few prototypes ready to show. The movie only got pushed back at the last minute and they usually have something to show.

Idk... I think they probably have a few prototypes ready to show. The movie only got pushed back at the last minute and they usually have something to show.

No question they have stuff ready but when will Marvel let them show it is the question. They could have done the same with BW as the did with WW and drop the figure now but i'm guessing Marvel said no.

It'll be interesting to see the turnaround times if these figures are being kept under wraps by licensor request. Normally hot toys are about 18 months, but if the film is delayed 6 months would they keep the same timeframe?

I just ordered her from a Sideshow this morning

Anyone get any delay updates? Sideshow had a June-July 2020 delivery date on the listing

They could get them all in next month or they could get little batches spread out over the next six months.

As more review videos pop up for this figure I'm actually starting to sour on purchasing it. Sure it looks good (it's no Renner-Asian-gate), but the paint app seems kinda weak and the material her jumpsuit is made out of seems very fragile/brittle and susceptible to damage in the long-run...

And as others have mentioned, she'll probably have better figs from her solo movie, so for those reasons...

giphy.gif

As more review videos pop up for this figure I'm actually starting to sour on purchasing it. Sure it looks good (it's no Renner-Asian-gate), but the paint app seems kinda weak and the material her jumpsuit is made out of seems very fragile/brittle and susceptible to damage in the long-run...

And as others have mentioned, she'll probably have better figs from her solo movie, so for those reasons...

giphy.gif

Oh interesting. I guess I?m holding off on purchasing her.

Why not wait for the inevitable solo version? Have you seen the SHF rendition?

https://news.toyark.com/2020/03/02/black-widow-and-taskmaster-s-h-figuarts-383836

I think this look will end up being my favorite. I like her in this style outfit and I feel like this will be her best sculpt. I could end up being wrong though. Even if I am i still think this is the version I will want anyway because she goes with Hawkeye.

I also am still keeping the Civil War Widow too along with the AOU Hawkeye, just as a nice contrast of them as a duo.

Solo movie seems like it will have nods to original comic costumes e.g. the gold belt. For me also passing on the EG figs except Cap,:dunno maybe.

IMO the face is very good, but there just isn't that factor that opens the wallet. So far. Plus for me the vinyl hair - early on was hoping for long rooted hair that was kinda bi-colored red/blonde.

Re the jumpsuit tho even my oldest figs are holding up so far re the pleather and plastic, so the materials wouldn't stop me from a purchase.

I think this look will end up being my favorite. I like her in this style outfit and I feel like this will be her best sculpt. I could end up being wrong though. Even if I am i still think this is the version I will want anyway because she goes with Hawkeye.

I also am still keeping the Civil War Widow too along with the AOU Hawkeye, just as a nice contrast of them as a duo.

The suit is great -- that's actually a hard choice between the red and black stealthy looking suit and the comic callback with the gold.

I think they're likely to re-use this head-sculpt for the solo-movie figure, with different hair so I'm not too worried about that.

Worst case scenario, the solo-movie version will suck and I'll have to pay through the nose for EG, but I don't think that's very likely.

I''m going to pass on her. Hope her solo movie figure is better.

Just I saw a few problems with the figure, the head is a tad too large, there's definitely decrease in quality in the Widow Bite and there are painted on straps and buckles (like why?)

105037097_3343194065732721_5505149174242280397_n.jpg
106063214_275456787135937_6714549953127732711_n.jpg

I''m going to pass on her. Hope her solo movie figure is better.

Just I saw a few problems with the figure, the head is a tad too large, there's definitely decrease in quality in the Widow Bite and there are painted on straps and buckles (like why?)

View attachment 488634
View attachment 488635

The Widow Bites? quality is disappointing, but I think HT would have had to make those buckles quite a bit larger to make them sufficiently robust, and that probably wouldn?t look good.

From Jenkin Wong's review, the head appears to be the exact same size as the previous ones. I think it's just the high black collar that is making her neck look skinny and giving her that "bobbleheaded" look as a result.

I will say the sculpt doesn't blow me away quite as much as it originally did, but I still love the sleek and sexy outfit and of course being the final one the character ever wore makes it something I need to have in the collection.

Best head sculpt (so far) + worst outfit material = pass
This head sculpt will be reused anyways. Looking forward to the next installment with better outfit.

Best head sculpt (so far) + worst outfit material = pass
This head sculpt will be reused anyways. Looking forward to the next installment with better outfit.

They will use the same material. They are using it on everything with a tight suit.

Yeah I think for me, this is the one to get. The headsculpt is likely not gonna get better than this, so I feel like I would be waiting another year just to get the same suit material, same sculpt but new hair that I personally don?t like, assuming they do the same look as the Figuarts version.
979a6ecc1dfdbb7215138a5e38fd541c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back