Action Figure Hot Toys 1/4 scale Iron Man Mark 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot toys really need to fix the high forehead look on some of their Iron Man figures. They fixed it on the recent Mk VI diecast. Will they correct this one? Or is the mold already "locked"? I know it's already been brought up, but it is way too obvious to be ignored, and as others have stated, an easy fix.

Hot toys really need to fix the high forehead look on some of their Iron Man figures. They fixed it on the recent Mk VI diecast. Will they correct this one? Or is the mold already "locked"? I know it's already been brought up, but it is way too obvious to be ignored, and as others have stated, an easy fix.

I've sent them multiple messages on Facebook, Instagram, and their website all about this. I doubt they actually read them but hopefully they fix this. Literally the only thing that I can't overlook.

Haha I'm just thinking it might have more value if it's unopened and not tampered with :)

Maybe it's just me, but I just assume that buyers won't completely trust the description, and the condition if I tell them I never took the figure out of the box, and only opened it to keep the headsculpt.

Please dont break apart the set...:pray:

Forgot this thread existed. :rotfl

2 sideshow pics. Hope the final finish is like this and not candy apple gloss.

ht104.jpg
ht103.jpg

Yeah, I'm amazed there aren't more photos of this guy. Looks like they haven't addressed any of the inaccuracies yet.

The proportions look good even if its posed at a wobbly angle in the midsection there. I want this in my QS lineup but if they can't get the details right I may punt and go for the inevitable Mark II repaint instead to cover the IM1 era. At least the color is harder to mess up on that version

Done right this will be the only QS iron man I need.

If I could turn back the clock and plan my display they way it looks in my head now, rather than the make it up as it goes along I'd probably switch my Mark 43 quarter scale for Mark 3, and not buy the sixth scale Mark 3. I'd then get the Mark 45 sixth scale and represent each Avenger movie with a sixth scale, and use the poster child suit (the Mark 3) as my quarter scale centrepiece.

IMG_0069.jpg

If you can visualise the substitutions, and add the Mark 50 (which I'm getting), I reckon it would look great.. (with a more creative display than I currently have)

Agreed. I too really wanted a complete Tony Stark head sculpt for this figure. An iconic suit (and in a quarter scale figure to boot) deserves a head sculpt. But might be just wishful thinking on my part.

Within the past couple of a months, a used Mezco One:12 Classic Punisher.sold on eBay for $860.

Quite a few have sold in the high 600's and 700's.

There were only 400 produced as a Mezco store exclusive and the secondary market prices have been astronomical.

These originally sold for $85 each

I've the QS MXLII & XLV, and the XLV is my favorite of the two, I cannot wait to see how this MIII measures up to it.

This should definitely have a fully unmasked TS sculpt. Shame.

Agreed. I too really wanted a complete Tony Stark head sculpt for this figure. An iconic suit (and in a quarter scale figure to boot) deserves a head sculpt. But might be just wishful thinking on my part.

I'm not surprised it doesn't come with one. Except for the first time when he was putting on the suit, TS did not go unhelmeted.

The only other times I can remember are when he's struggling to get the suit off and Pepper walks in and the rooftop fight with Stane when he's all beaten up. The only time I remember seeing him with the visor up is when he's showing Rhodey in the garage and he takes off through the roof.

Yeah, if not mistaken, there were 3 scenes, I remembered seeing Stark in the suit without his helmet.
1. There was a scene of Stark putting on the mark3 suit before going to Gulmira. He was suiting up and the helmet came last.
2. Coming home from Gulmira, he was removing his suit, and the first thing off was the helmet.
3. The final scene of the fight with Ironmonger.
...My point was that there were very few scenes of Stark in his suit unhelmeted (especially his suit not being complete in the last 2 scenes mentioned above), so it was just wishful for me to want a full head sculpt.
But as typed out the 3 scenes, I realised he has more (if not same amount) of scenes unhelmeted than helmeted (with visor/mask opened). Lol
Here’s to hoping, but usually hot toys will follow what has been listed in the figure announcement, and rarely add/change the items listed, especially a crucial part such as a head sculpt.

On the note of IM armors, this is my favorite IM scene from the whole film series:

It is unlikely, however I'd like to see IM suit up like this again. Of course, with the newer armors suiting up is faster and more accessible.

Also, this might seem outlandish, but imagine a 1/4 gantry to go along with this MIII :thud:

Back