Hot Toys: 1/4 Official Boba Fett Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I got the email from sideshow, they are sending me a replacement bodyand I have to destroy the one I have now...what exactly does that mean? I get the destroy part, but Are they just sending me a new figure, or just the body?

So I got the email from sideshow, they are sending me a replacement bodyand I have to destroy the one I have now...what exactly does that mean? I get the destroy part, but Are they just sending me a new figure, or just the body?

Whatever they send you, you have to destroy that of yours. Takes photos, or video, of the destruction & send send it to them (& post it here, cause we wanna see too), otherwise they will charge you for the new figure.

Whatever they send you, you have to destroy that of yours. Takes photos, or video, of the destruction & send send it to them (& post it here, cause we wanna see too), otherwise they will charge you for the new figure.

That's what I figured, but I didn't see the harm in asking, since the wording in the email was a little vague. I think I'll give my wife the satisfaction of finally destroying one of my things

I'm surprised they didn't just send you a new foot and ankle peg. Seems like that's the source of the problem. Really makes you wonder sometimes. I know people had problems with their Chewbacca head and they were sending an entire new figure.

I'm surprised they didn't just send you a new foot and ankle peg. Seems like that's the source of the problem. Really makes you wonder sometimes. I know people had problems with their Chewbacca head and they were sending an entire new figure.

I'm happy that are sending me a new figure, but considering 98% of the figure is absolutely perfect, I wish there was just an option to send him back and have it repaired and resold. Especially considering how easy is a fix it would be for them.

I would confirm what exactly they are sending you before you destroy anything ><
I'm planning on it. Hopefully it's painless, especially considering how easily Mr. Ford annihilated the HT Han solo

This is a great piece, indeed!

But...I had plans for this guy as soon as the proto images popped up. My aim is to have a Boba for all seasons (ROTJ,ESB and the Holiday Special theme), something I can modify and alter when the mood hits.

Like some of you I felt the body is a bit on the buff side, and I took care of that on day one (whittling down the rubber biceps, sanding the shoulder etc.). The other issue for me was the lower plane of the cheek area and the height of the horizontal part of the "T" visor.

For now, I'm in the taking notes and making plans phase. I've cast a couple buckets up to practice on before I commit to silicone. I'm looking forward to taking a crack at this guy!

I'll post further progress in the Diorama/Modification section as I go.

Everyone's pictures look great, BTW!

Cheers,
-Ahab

Boba Head Mod.jpg

Wow that would be cool. An accutual jedi sculpt on this! Awesome

Best,

Robert

saw this on think geek site a large scale carbonited han solo 4 fett display.

https://www.thinkgeek.com/product/ioip/

thanks for the link!

i might get that for my Sixth Scale figures... they try to advertise it for 1/4 scale because they wanted to push product they had i guess, because at 13 inches i just dont think 1/4 scale would look good IMO

thanks for the link!

Might want to get a sailbarge backdrop instead, unless you're using that backdrop when the Sideshow PF gets there

Yeah, I have the Bespin background to shoot my pre ordered SS PF Fett. I haven't had time to print a ROTJ background to properly photograph this piece yet.

Got the Figure today, and WOW! Feel like a kid again. And an awesome figure that comes with an equally cool base. Really makes the piece 'pop!'

Only question: sure don't feel any magnet on the back......

Ok, thanks. I noticed a little metal piece on his back...wasn't sure if meant for that or just decorative?
I've got a rattling rocket pack...someone informed me that the magnet inside the pack must of fell off. From what I can see, doesnt look like theres a way to open the jet pack to re glue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

image.jpg

This is truly an amazing figure. Took a quick pic with my phone. Realized afterwards that in my excitement I left out the jet pack. Still looks great though. Glad I purchased this.

Back