Hot Toys: 1/4 Official Boba Fett Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pictures of how he arrived after I took him out of the box
XD6awOZ.jpg

the foot is not broke.. just force it a bit into the shoe and it will pop right in

the foot is not broke.. just force it a bit into the shoe and it will pop right in
We tried all manner of forcing. Nothing we did would keep the foot on it allow any kind of articulation sadly

We tried all manner of forcing. Nothing we did would keep the foot on it allow any kind of articulation sadly

The ankle peg inserts at an angle into the foot. It's not a straight shot down into the foot like you see with 1/6 scale. So first, angle the ankle peg to match the angle of the hole in the foot, align the peg with the foot hole, and then push the foot at the same angle onto the peg..

As for the knee pad strap, a tiny drop of superglue is all you need to fix that. If the rest of your figure is good, I'd reattach the foot and fix the knee strap (both very easy fixes) before I'd go through the hassle of contacting CS for an exchange.

That means it isn't on all the way. From the picture you showed, that is exactly how it should look when you remove the foot. So it's not broken.

With the 1/4 limbs it can be a bit tough getting them on compared to 1/6 scale.

The ankle peg inserts at an angle into the foot. It's not a straight shot down into the foot like you see with 1/6 scale. So first, angle the ankle peg to match the angle of the hole in the foot, align the peg with the foot hole, and then push the foot at the same angle onto the peg..

As for the knee pad strap, a tiny drop of superglue is all you need to fix that. If the rest of your figure is good, I'd reattach the foot and fix the knee strap (both very easy fixes) before I'd go through the hassle of contacting CS for an exchange.

We've gotten the peg to go into the slot just fine, and stay on, but any time we try to move the foot at all it just falls off again, even when it appears to be on snug. We tried for a solid hour and couldn't get it anywhere near the snugness of the other foot, plus something is off on the ankle joint as well.

As for having to glue on a kneepad, I paid almost 500$ for this figure. Having to do any kind of gluing or forcing right out of the box is absurd. I'd rather get replacement with no fuss. I'm not as rich as a majority of the people on this site, so these big purchases being broken right out the box is a big deal to me

I'm not rich either, but there's nothing I hate more than to have to deal with the hassle of contacting CS and mailing back an item for an exchange. And then there's always the risk of getting another defected, or even worse figure. So if the defect is something I can handle on my own, I'll do it before considering an exchange/refund. But I completely understand what you're saying. QC should definitely be better at these price points.

From what you've said about the ankle/foot, it sounds like the foot hole may be too large for the ankle peg. If that's the case, I agree that an exchange is warranted. Either way, hope you get everything resolved.

I'm not rich either, but there's nothing I hate more than to have to deal with the hassle of contacting CS and mailing back an item for an exchange. And then there's always the risk of getting another defected, or even worse figure. So if the defect is something I can handle on my own, I'll do it before considering an exchange/refund. But I completely understand what you're saying. QC should definitely be better at these price points.

From what you've said about the ankle/foot, it sounds like the foot hole may be too large for the ankle peg. If that's the case, I agree that an exchange is warranted. Either way, hope you get everything resolved.

thanks, I appreciate it. Hopefully everything gets worked out. This is the first figure of of like 10 I've got that had issues, so 1-10 ain't bad. Plus it was a birthday present, and my birthday's not for another 2 weeks, so my patience is fuller than my wallet, haha

Everything's always fuller than my wallet, too. So don't feel bad, you're not alone :1-1:

And happy early bday! I hope you're not a victim of joint bday-Xmas presents :lol

Everything's always fuller than my wallet, too. So don't feel bad, you're not alone :1-1:

And happy early bday! I hope you're not a victim of joint bday-Xmas presents :lol
That's nice to hear 😊. I'm going to try the foot one now tine in the day. But hopefully there shouldn't be any more issues

Oh how I was looking forward to this day. A day off, a day with family & good food, & a day to get this guy officially out of the box & set up. Then I get hit with kidney stones :thud:
Please, everyone, drink lots & lots of water. & pray you don't get them. & please keep the photos coming, so I can at least live vicariously through your photos & dream.
Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Hope you're feeling better, man. Had those a couple of times now. The worst pain! Yes, drink plenty of water and watch your dietary intake.

Hope you're feeling better, man. Had those a couple of times now. The worst pain! Yes, drink plenty of water and watch your dietary intake.

Thanks man. I've never drank so much water & other healthier beverages (I'm usually a soda guy). I'm working on the diet.
May we never get them again! :duff

Best of Luck with that! Hope it all works out as easily as it can!

Thanks man.
You're gonna love this figure! It's truly a great piece. I've got the old SS Boba Fett Premium Format, which I loved. But once I opened up this HT piece, there's just no comparison. Congrats on your conversation. Is it for the exclusive? That's the one I got. I know the pistol's not original to ROTJ, but I really like it.

Thanks man.
You're gonna love this figure! It's truly a great piece. I've got the old SS Boba Fett Premium Format, which I loved. But once I opened up this HT piece, there's just no comparison. Congrats on your conversation. Is it for the exclusive? That's the one I got. I know the pistol's not original to ROTJ, but I really like it.

Yea for the EX .

I was thinking about the Vader and Boba PF they have up for preorder now , but decided to just get the Boba and when up for order Vader Quarter Scale figures as it can be a good substitute since they are they same size yet pose able . I'll probably be slightly jealous of the light up features . But with Vader Delayed or being announced for preorder awhile later maybe they will add those features like I've seen on the Iron Man .

Hopefully the 1/4 scale line will have more to it then what we have seen so far . My poor Wallet from the Sixth Scale these past couple months , and ones to follow . And now the massive Quarters ahhhh

I'm not going to have enough room in my tiny office to display everything . I still need to save for Detolfs and some PixelSabers would be nice too . But the collectables are all coming out in mass order ugh .

weird question but has anyone tried putting his helmet/head on the old PF and see how it looks :eek:? If so any thoughts?

Back