Hot Toys: 1/4 Official Boba Fett Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just took mine out the box today. does anyone else have a really hard time trying to lift his right arm up while trying to hold his blaster? I have a really hard time moving his arm that high up with blaster pointed up pose. the back end of the blaster seems to be a tad bulky thus limiting alot of my arm and hand poses. does anyone else have this problem?

It's definitely tough to get it to fit the stock of the gun there.

He arrived Friday. Can't open until Christmas. :gah:

I was debating opening and checking on it, but I don't want to ruin it for myself. I want to be wowed on Christmas morning. But hopefully it's not the other way around, either.

Just my 2 cents but you should at least open and check it in case there is something from like with Rubio's.

What Racetrack said. You don't want to find something wrong with it and being unable to return it. That's at least my take. :duff

Great pics, Chad Man. :clap Repped.

Just opened up Fett. It's my first 1/4 scale figure. I'm very impressed! To me, it's museum like quality. On the bad side, my antenna is bent. I know it's been a common issue from photos and videos I've seen. I just sent SSC an email asking for a new helmet. Has anyone had any luck with this yet? I guess I could heat it up and try to bend it back, but want to hear what Sideshow says first.

It's definitely tough to get it to fit the stock of the gun there.

yeah. i literally spent 2 hours, trying to mess with the gun and arm poses. as beautiful as the figure is, i am slightly bummed about the poseability of the figure. it's more limited then i thought.

yeah. i literally spent 2 hours, trying to mess with the gun and arm poses. as beautiful as the figure is, i am slightly bummed about the poseability of the figure. it's more limited then i thought.

Yes, I agree with that too. I was surprised how limited his mobility was. So, I imagine him in a fairly basic pose, which I'm ok with since it looks really fantastic. Just need to fix/replace my antenna...

What Racetrack said. You don't want to find something wrong with it and being unable to return it. That's at least my take. :duff

Great pics, Chad Man. :clap Repped.

I try my best man. you seem to be the only one who gives me rep . Thanks for that.

I naturally assumed being as massive as a 1/4 is that it would have less pose-ability than a 1/6.

But some of the poses I have seen people put him in make him look like he's having a gangbuster time at a gay disco. So there are definitely a lot of things you can do with him.

Oh how I was looking forward to this day. A day off, a day with family & good food, & a day to get this guy officially out of the box & set up. Then I get hit with kidney stones :thud:
Please, everyone, drink lots & lots of water. & pray you don't get them. & please keep the photos coming, so I can at least live vicariously through your photos & dream.
Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Exclusive is the jango style pistol. It's a nice piece worth having but not necessarily essential for this version.

I have the exclusive edition if someone is interested in it.Im keeping my regular edition..the extra jango blaster doesn't look good with it in my opnion.

*had to edit due to the auto-correct

Last edited:
I received mine yesterday (non exclusive edition). Overall I am really excited about the figure! I have a few minor nitpicks in terms of the colors not matching the ROTJ outfit and the visor part being a slightly too wide... but these all pale in comparison to how awesome the figure looks and stands overall. I actually think he has decent posing abilities. Perhaps the coolest thing about the figure is that no matter how you pose him, he will always, somehow, retain the Boba-esque posture.

Unfortunately my figure also came with crooked chest armor. The left (anatomical) chest plate is coming off of the cloth and is not glued on straight. I reached out to SSC about this, hopefully I can get his body switched out. Does anyone else have issues with the base's larger plate not laying flat? It's an easy fix, but it's annoying nonetheless.

I was hesitant to get my first 1/4 scale, but with Boba here I am very happy (and I need to restrain myself from ordering other 1/4 figs). Boba is the first 1/4 scale I have seen in person and I am really impressed by the sheer size of the figure. I really am in awe looking at this piece. It's going to be hard for me to not make the shift from 1/6 to 1/4 after getting this guy.

Will take more decent pics tomorrow seeing as I had to use flash (rainy, dreary day) which tends to drown out a lot of the weathering on the figure. More Fettography to follow! :p

Last edited:
^Congrats on the pickup and great pics!

Rubio dismantled his figure a few pages back and mentioned that the chest armor is NOT glued to the chest. They're attached via pegs that insert through holes in the vest. So you should be able to futz with their positioning and center them if needed.

^Congrats on the pickup and great pics!

Rubio dismantled his figure a few pages back and mentioned that the chest armor is NOT glued to the chest. They're attached via pegs that insert through holes in the vest. So you should be able to futz with their positioning and center them if needed.

Thanks! Interesting, going to have to take a closer look at how the chest armor attaches then. It is significantly crooked though, so I am not sure how much room of play the pegs will give and if it will be sufficient enough to correct the mistake. Thanks for the tip! :) Will post results once done :)

Here's a slightly edited pic since he's so Fett-ogenic :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the shout, Saigon! I have a nice picture of the vest to show a little later.

But first, I received my replacement Boba Fett. The body is better, but the helmet has an ever-so-slightly crooked rangefinder stalk. I'll contact Sideshow about replacing it, but it would be either a replacement helmet or nothing, because, true to the Thanksgiving spirit, I started carving him up like a turkey. As I'm very clear about Sideshow's policy now, there's no way in hell they're replacing this figure again.

I started by disrobing him again. I filled a small bowl with hot water and a bit of laundry detergent. It looked like this:

64a20788-0bca-4831-9e6a-d21b12908db2.jpg

After washing and rinsing a few times, here's what the water looked like:

IMG_9554.jpg

I really thought I had snapped a pic of the flightsuit before washing it, but I'm unable to find it now....
So then I ran the flightsuit through some hot water with fabric softener (I hate how burlap-y it felt), let it dry, and here's what I was left with:

IMG_9590.jpg

Now it was time for Phase 1 one of the body modifications. I want my Fett to look AS MUCH like Jeremy Bulloch in Jabba's palace as possible. The base body for Hot Toys' 1/4 figure doesn't match Bulloch's physique (the body comes from the Batman body, and we all know Christian Bale's physique was SCULPTED), so I had to take matters into my own hands.

The plan is to slightly increase range of motion (arms sitting closer to his sides) and to enable the suit to 'hang' on the body more convincingly. Bulloch was practically swimming in the suit.

Here is the bare body:

IMG_9549.jpg

IMG_9550.jpg

Just to get my feet wet, and knowing that there's no turning back, and that a replacement body will be virtually IMPOSSIBLE to acquire, I decided to grab my Dremel and (cautiously) go for it. That's why I'm going to break it up into phases. I began with the deltoideus and latissimus (shoulders and back), since Bulloch was neither broad-shouldered nor overly muscular (he was thin. Just....thin). It may be hard to tell the difference, but here's how the body looked after shaving down those two areas:

IMG_9591.jpg

IMG_9592.jpg

I decided to stop there, for now. Phase 2 will include the front and back of the upper arms and trapezius and rectus femoris (neck and front leg) will be next. Baby steps, since there's no going back. When redressing, I left off his 1920's-style bathing suit. The last thing this figure needs is MORE bulk:

a4306683-b4f0-4887-9eb9-92163b4b35b4.jpg

And here's the inside of the armor vest:

IMG_9551.jpg

Fully redressed:

007.jpg

So let me know what you think! I like the way that the vest is fitting, now. It's hanging a bit, rather than being stuffed with a muscle man.

I'm not going to let the price on this figure stop me from modifying him. Boba Fett IS my guy, after all. I just hope I don't screw up along the way.

P.S. Oh, yeah, I also lowered the jetpack temporarily (it should be loose and low-slung). More pics/info to come...

Last edited:
Nice mods, Rubio! Looks much nicer. Also, thanks for the pics of the pegs in the vest. I'm going to wait and hear what SSC has to say about my replacement before disrobing my Fett but the crooked plate is bothering me enough to make me want to do so.

Nice mods, Rubio! Looks much nicer. Also, thanks for the pics of the pegs in the vest. I'm going to wait and hear what SSC has to say about my replacement before disrobing my Fett but the crooked plate is bothering me enough to make me want to do so.

They are somewhat adjustable. I had to adjust mine. Just grab them between your fingers and wiggle back and forth. It works.

You are a brave man, Rubio.

I'm very much enjoying this piece. Wish I was feeling better so I can futz with it more.

image.jpg

How do you turn the images? I'm on an iPad

Back