Hot Toys: 1/4 Official Boba Fett Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never owned a HT 1/4 scale figure. How much does the weight of the figure differ from that of a sixth scale figure?

Without getting into exacts, it's a lot heavier because it's a lot bigger. Also need to take into account that the base is enormous in it's own right. It's my first 1/4 too, and I quickly discovered that figures this size need their own shelf/cabinet as they don't mix well right next to 1/6 scale.

It's definitely heavier but I don't know of any shelf/cabinet situation where you would need to worry. Even though it's heavier, it's not exactly heavy.

I got mine today, I think its outstanding. Its my first 1/4 figure so the size difference is a little jarring but in a good way. My only significant complaint is the visor but giving his head a slightly downward tilt does seem to help. He is more posable than I thought he would be, about on par with lots of other 1/6 figures I have with reasonably inherent restrictions based on their outfits.

Fett isn't my #1 favorite SW character, but imo is a great choice to have in the larger scale based on his look/attire.

Congrats on the pick up, Turd! And really glad to hear that you're happy with your purchase :yess:

Picked up my Fett today and couldn't be happier. The articulation in the elbows can be pesky though, due to the arm gauntlets. It was also a pain in the arse to get his trigger hand to hold the rifle. Rifle itself is made up of two pieces attached in a rather haphazard way, IMO.

My current pose. I've since slid the pouch belt to sit above the red fabric.

124wltc.jpg

Glad to see a more dynamic pose! Gonna totally copy that :clap

We've got this guy too and I love it! Our first 1/4 scale Star Wars , but I can see the issues the 'purist ' would have as it's not completely spot on ( we're not worried ) our 'purist ' interest is elsewhere , and I can sympathise with the frustration on both sides.... We just suffer in silence
S x

Finally had a chance to get mine into the display. I was happy with my Sideshow 1/6 Fett until this arrived. It really makes the SS 1/6 look very toyish. Anyway, here's some pics. Nothing fancy, just iPhone snapshots.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447933610.398844.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447933627.247174.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447933635.799020.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447933643.748944.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447933652.315964.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447933673.916430.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447933685.483619.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447933696.035900.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447933709.770484.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447933722.705942.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447933734.187507.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447933745.590796.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447933755.374211.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447933765.023865.jpg

Finally had a chance to get mine into the display. I was happy with my Sideshow 1/6 Fett until this arrived. It really makes the SS 1/6 look very toyish. Anyway, here's some pics. Nothing fancy, just iPhone snapshots.

Looks great. What type of clamps are you using to raise your shelf? I'm using the standard u-bolts but yours look much better.

^I like how you've kept 1 figure per shelf and blacked out your detolfs, looks really clean and classy. Any more recent pics? I see plenty pics of 1/6 collections, so it's always cool to see other collector's 1/4 collections for a change.

Sorry.. Finally got around to snapping a new picture. I swapped out Fett for the Vader Mythos. My display is always changing lol

409ec3cccbed3363619537f205e82406.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How small do they make metal hose clamps? My Coaster curio has much thicker vertical bars than the detolf so I got some adjustable metal host clamps to adjust the shelf height and it actually looks really clean. I'd imagine some small 1/8-1/4 ones would work well in a detolf. I wasn't a big fan of the Ubolt look and it wasn't an option for my case anyways.

I'm talking about these but I am sure they have smaller ones;

https://www.cabletiesupply.com/all-stainless-steel-6.html?dfw_tracker=11143-144

Looks great. What type of clamps are you using to raise your shelf? I'm using the standard u-bolts but yours look much better.

Thanks!

They are sliding window locking clamps with "L" brackets attached. I "borrowed" the idea from someone else. Here's the original post Adjustable Detolf shelves pics

It is more expensive than using the U bolts, but is much more stable and looks much better in my opinion. You can get the parts at Home Depot or Lowes.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to see if I can find some. It's a much more elegant looking solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did the review photoshoot tonight. Not sure when I'll film the actual review video, but here are some highlights. This figure is absolutely amazing from every angle. Highly recommend it for the wow factor alone.

IMG_5378_zps5t7ph6i4.jpg

IMG_5377_zpsfjurpjh1.jpg

IMG_5367_zpsrzxglnnz.jpg

IMG_5354_zpsqgm1mirl.jpg

IMG_5344_zps02hmquto.jpg

So, I had an interesting experience...

As I mentioned in my review, my left arm couldn't support it's own weight, and was quite loose.

Figuring it might be a loose screw or something, I disrobed the figure:

FE9B88E9-B808-4CEC-953D-23EC38A3EBEA.jpg

20B867B6-E78B-4803-A6AA-6E4E61EFF15E.jpg

Clearly, the body was damaged in the Hot Toys factory. The screw looked fine, but had been over-tightened, snapping the female end. There's some kind of 'gasket' between the two pieces that comprise the shoulder, and it was MANGLED:

4ACF844C-E64C-4BA5-8530-63A970BDFD80.jpg

Damn. So I take some pictures and email Sideshow, asking for JUST a replacement body (I didn't want to have to ship back that huge box).

The response I received from Sideshow was...interesting:

D208A764-D38D-4F9B-BC95-B831DBD2731A.png

Right after I received the email, I called the guy. We spoke for awhile and he was very open and informative, but I had no idea whatsoever that disrobing a figure is considering 'altering' it. When I received my Scout Trooper, one leg was longer than the other. I disrobed him so that I could see what the problem was. I took pictures of the bare body so that Sideshow could see the defect. I contacted them and they sent me a shipping label to send it back, no questions asked at all (I didn't end up sending it back - I didn't want to take a chance that I would get a replacement with some other defect).

I'm certainly happy that they're going to replace it, but I don't like the implication. I'm pretty handy with customizing/modifying, and definitely very careful with these figures. It would have been so much easier to simply disrobe the figure and see if it was just a loose screw, and if it was, tighten it up and move on.

It wasn't all bad, though. I did get to kinda recreate a classic photo:

1329CA27-F77E-4FE6-9734-AD7D7CEC520F.jpg

D45B4392-D422-4F3D-8754-7752925FEC4B.jpg

Anyways, I should get my replacement sometime next week.

Oh, yeah, a note on the boots. The way the pegs fit into them is unusual. Instead of the peg fitting straight into the boot, it slides in at an angle. I wasn't able to get a great pic of it, so here's an embarrassing Paint chop. Hopefully you get the idea. This clearly proves that no matter what you do, Boba Fett cannot tilt his angles side-to-side (only back-to-front).

7BFE8670-F070-4F8E-BA69-33FBF1FE4005_1.jpg

And one more thing! The armor is attached to the vest via plugs (not sure if that's the right term - but it's the exact same way as the Sideshow 1/6 Boba Fett).

Back