1/6 Hot Toys 【Solo: A Star Wars Story - 1/6th scale Darth Maul Collectible Figure】

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys 【Solo: A Star Wars Story - 1/6th scale Darth Maul Collectible Figure】

A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one

Re: Hot Toys 【Solo: A Star Wars Story - 1/6th scale Darth Maul Collectible Figure】

Unexpected, but welcome.

Solo is the closest the films have come since the '80s to a classic Brian Daley or L. Neil Smith tale, and metal legs brings Maul inching ever closer to that classic era. I can gloss over the events told in Rebels as easily as those told in the PT. Maul will stand alongside Dooku and Vader.

:devil

Well this is surprising.
To me it seems one of the most ridiculously meaningless releases by HT ever. I just cannot imagine this selling in large enough numbers to merit all the tooling and R&D that must've gone into it, but what do I know...

Oh they've released plenty of more ridiculous figures than this. And people had no problem with something like the Patrol Trooper that was on screen for like 3 seconds, and was nowhere near as iconic a character. This is just one more SW figure based on something that only appeared briefly on screen, like a huge number before it.

Wow. From outta nowhere :horror

Damn this looks good, but I can't help, but think if we were going to see more Solo figures I would have preferred the range trooper or mimban trooper.

Although I guess we know this didn't get made because it was in Solo...

I have not bought a single figure from the anthology movies

But this one will have me breaking that rule

Well Im totaly fine with new releases from Solo, even I dont like the movie that much...but at least acceptable than anything from Sequels.

I'll gladly take a L3-37 to any "Sith" trooper anytime.

To be honest Stan Lee in a space suit is the most ridiculous hot toys ever made

At least he fits in perfectly with the GoTG crew unlike some others they have done.............

61IDstvOSBL._SY606_.jpg

Besides, figures have an existence far longer than their screen time. It's not as though Maul only existed with metal legs for a few minutes. There are a wealth of possibilities, just as there are with the great looking Patrol Trooper.

I look on figures as inhabiting a universe expanded far beyond their limited screen appearance. I rarely use a figure to represent a moment of their appearance on film.

There's way too many Clone Wars kiddies that are coming of age now. This isn't about Solo. He made it into Solo because Disney wants those Clone Wars kids.

Yeah, good point,but then you'd think they would release a Clone Wars version, no? Didn't that one have spider legs or something?

To be honest Stan Lee in a space suit is the most ridiculous hot toys ever made

Possibly, but then again, that one's probably going to fetch a hefty price tag on the after-market due to it being a figure from such a celebrity.

Oh they've released plenty of more ridiculous figures than this. And people had no problem with something like the Patrol Trooper that was on screen for like 5 seconds, and was nowhere near as iconic a character. This is just one more SW figure based on something that only appeared briefly on screen.

True enough about the Patrol Trooper, but somehow it seems easier to digest...
I don't know, it just seems very odd. The Patrol Trooper is easy to pose along with other Imperial troops, or young Solo. But Grandpa Maul didn't really interact with anybody, did he? I mean, other than the hologram scene...

What a fantastic surprise!! Never thought I'd have maul on my shelf as cant be buying figures from films i don't watch/like (ep 1). But Solo is in my top 4 SW films and love Rebels so a instant buy!!!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Yeah, good point,but then you'd think they would release a Clone Wars version, no? Didn't that one have spider legs or something?

HT hasn't dared do a reality-based figure from a cartoon yet (that I know of anyway), not like Sideshow tried with Snowbunny Padme.

Disney is in control of the canon now, so they may be helping "suggest" these figures too.

HT hasn't dared do a reality-based figure from a cartoon yet (that I know of anyway), not like Sideshow tried with Snowbunny Padme.

Disney is in control of the canon now, so they may be helping "suggest" these figures too.

Yeah, I thought about that too. I doubt HT really have much say as to which figures they get to make.

This guy was in the film for 20 seconds...as a hologram. I guess they based this off the test shots for the character. I don’t know why this was released, let alone ahead of any version of Lando. There are tons of figures I would have preferred. I just don’t get it.

It was made for ppl like me who would jump on this. Maul sells haha. Simple stuff really.

Does every meme have to be grammatically incorrect? Is that a rule?

Why?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back