1/6 Hot Toys 【Solo: A Star Wars Story - 1/6th scale Darth Maul Collectible Figure】

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys 【Solo: A Star Wars Story - 1/6th scale Darth Maul Collectible Figure】

Looks fantastic.

Just watched 'figure collecting 4 dummy' video.

Outfit is great he had the TPM version on the table so you could compare.

Legs look really well done.

Sculpt is top notch.

Not sure how he will sit in the chair as it was just dumped rather than futzed.

Happy, expensive days for SW collectors.

Re: Hot Toys 【Solo: A Star Wars Story - 1/6th scale Darth Maul Collectible Figure】

Looks fantastic.

Just watched 'figure collecting 4 dummy' video.

Outfit is great he had the TPM version on the table so you could compare.

Legs look really well done.

Sculpt is top notch.

Not sure how he will sit in the chair as it was just dumped rather than futzed.

Happy, expensive days for SW collectors.

That keychain they included instead of the metal card looks like crap though.

Tried to watch that video but it’s not working for me. It just spins like it’s trying to load.

Yeah seeing the pieces and the figure brand new is really great. He will need a lot of futzing to look perfect, but the fact that he has a ton of wires in all the elements there is no doubt he will look incredible on display. I am jealous of the dudes that are in HK that can just go to the store and pick it up--the wait for this one will be tough.

That keychain they included instead of the metal card looks like crap though.

They could have at least made it metal so it could possibly have been purposed into some sort of display. That cheap piece of plastic is definitely useless.

Good thing the figure itself looks awesome.

Tried to watch that video but it?s not working for me. It just spins like it?s trying to load.

I can't find it ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AH so it still has those annoying leather peg covers inside the gloves ehhh?! The ones on this looks easier to place tho judging from the video.

AH so it still has those annoying leather peg covers inside the gloves ehhh?! The ones on this looks easier to place tho judging from the video.

Yeah, why even include them? Mine are in the box from my DX16, they are just awful.

While the blogger gallery is captivating, I wonder if the figure can stand unassisted.

It does look real good.

Liked the idea of the stool initially, but after these pictures it looks like he's sitting there extracting one.
That's staying in the box.

It?s such a odd choice for a HT figure. That being said it does look like full effort by HT was made unlike half ass figures of the past (Ichobad Crane, Bruce Banner, Commando, Ripley). Figures not for my but great job HT!!!

I can't find it ??

It?s such a odd choice for a HT figure. That being said it does look like full effort by HT was made unlike half ass figures of the past (Ichobad Crane, Bruce Banner, Commando, Ripley). Figures not for my but great job HT!!!

Sometimes the oddest choice figures turn out the best, which usually leads me to believe that someone behind the scenes is passionate about the character and wants the figure done right.

Sometimes the oddest choice figures turn out the best, which usually leads me to believe that someone behind the scenes is passionate about the character and wants the figure done right.

This is exactly what I was thinking right here. When they announced this shortly after the TPM Maul, I was pretty shocked as they only showed him as a hologram in Solo. But the execution on this figure from the new sculpt to the wired materials, accessories, and mechanical legs- it's too tough to pass up. Now that being said, reusing this sculpt on the Lord Mandalore version, that's not so good!

I don't have a Darth Maul in my collection so I'm trying to figure out which of the 3 I should purchase lol

I'm impressed with the anatomy and paint apps on the teeth.

Now that being said, reusing this sculpt on the Lord Mandalore version, that's not so good!

Yeah, I would've preferred a realistic but not specifically film based Maul for The Clone Wars version. But this is one of those rare cases where I like the production headsculpt more than the prototype so I'm okay with this being used for the Mauldalore figure.

Bit the bullet and ordered this. Just looks so good

I agree. I had planned on getting this, but decided against it after the Siege of Mandalore version was announced. But I really like how this outfit looks, and I can display him separately with bounty hunters in an underworld display.

It's a bit silly but the broken Inquisitor lightsaber is another big selling point for me as well as I really like Inquisitors.

Back