Hot Toys –MMS120 - Iron Man 2: War Machine full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mine :(

I repainted mine and made it a different character completely as it actually broke completely in half. I'll try to post some pics sometime of what I turned my broken WM into...

From what I understand, you can't move his waist like a how a boxer warms up by ab crunching side to side. If you want to give him a pose that requires said movement, you need to fold his waist forward, then twist. Reason being;his waist isn't on a ball joint. So keep that in mind and enjoy.

Oh I get it! Those who broke theirs probably mistook it for a ball joint.

mine :(

I repainted mine and made it a different character completely as it actually broke completely in half. I'll try to post some pics sometime of what I turned my broken WM into...

How did it break? :(

:drool

Finally got it today. Got of for a fair price (local seller, was the first to contact him and named his price), too bad he got to his senses regarding to his Mark VI, would have liked that one also.

Anyway this suit is brutal! You also got quite a bang for your buck, two complete helmets, face, four sets of hands and a nice amount of swap-out parts. Got a nice afternoon planned tomorrow setting up this baby. Really love his look, yum.

Finally got it today. Got of for a fair price (local seller, was the first to contact him and named his price), too bad he got to his senses regarding to his Mark VI, would have liked that one also.

Anyway this suit is brutal! You also got quite a bang for your buck, two complete helmets, face, four sets of hands and a nice amount of swap-out parts. Got a nice afternoon planned tomorrow setting up this baby. Really love his look, yum.

How much? If you got him cheaper than I did, I'm gonna be mad.... LOL j/k :nana:

Anyone have any suggestions for an action pose for my War Machine? I have him in the running pose now but I feel it's unstable. Was wondering if there any good opinions out there, thanks.

attachment.php

Just opened my War Machine today.
He's been in storage since I bought him.
I think that was a bad move.
Only his chest and right hand light up.
His head and left hand don't,I'm hoping the batteries are just dead and that's it.
Where can I buy the AG1 batteries to replace them?
Would places like Home Depot or Lowe's carry them?
Other than that the figure is awesome!
No need for the stand at all.
Wish I opened him earlier.

I had the same issue since I bought mine via eBay. I ended up just shuffling the batteries around on the arms and now they shine bright!

Anyone have any suggestions for an action pose for my War Machine? I have him in the running pose now but I feel it's unstable. Was wondering if there any good opinions out there, thanks.

attachment.php

How'd you manage to turn his waist without breaking it?

What is the going rate for this guy? I am trying to find one for under 300 but they eventually go above. Even used. I am thinking of waiting. But do you think while I am waiting his value will just keep going up? Am I better off just buying one now?

You mean it can twist but not bend?

I'm actually afraid to move his torso at all.

I actually just pushed that ab piece up and turned it, didn't realize it was fragile, been twisting him side to side trying to figure out a pose, everything seems fine. I guess don't twist it too far? But whenever I felt resistance I just left, what I have in the photo is probably close to the farthest I can turn him before hitting the road block.

What is the going rate for this guy? I am trying to find one for under 300 but they eventually go above. Even used. I am thinking of waiting. But do you think while I am waiting his value will just keep going up? Am I better off just buying one now?

I've been seeing him go for $400 or more, or at least around that range. The ones that went for around the $300-$350 range or less were sold several months ago, since given the limited quantity available, prices are higher.

Mine arrived today and one of the pegs the machine guns on the arms peg onto is missing. It's nothing major but is annoying me. Does anyone know if and where I might get a replacement from? I'm also missing the tool to open the shoulder pods with. Again no biggie but I'd like to have it

Anyone got a spare LED neck post from this figure or know where I can get one from a broken down or parted out figure?

I had a leaking battery in this figure too, no damage to the figure though.

Just wondering what you guys think of my thoughts on this situation. I have a choice between a mint War Machine never taken out of the box, and one that had been displayed in a glass cabinet, no dust, everything works, all accessories. Now sure we all want an unopened one. To get that "new car" smell, break open a fresh box. But you figure War Machine came out in 2010, and it's now 2013, so it would have been sitting the box for 3 years now. Batteries could be dead, or worse, leaked. Not sure if all the lights work. Now the used one at least you know it works, and would be taking him out of the box anyway, so why have a mint one? I can understand getting a mint condition Thor or BW since they don't have batteries. Now I did get a mint Nick Fury last year from Ebay, but wasn't concerned about the batteries since he came out the same year so they'd be fresh.
What are your thoughts? An a sealed War Machine, or used?
Thanks.

Just wondering what you guys think of my thoughts on this situation. I have a choice between a mint War Machine never taken out of the box, and one that had been displayed in a glass cabinet, no dust, everything works, all accessories. Now sure we all want an unopened one. To get that "new car" smell, break open a fresh box. But you figure War Machine came out in 2010, and it's now 2013, so it would have been sitting the box for 3 years now. Batteries could be dead, or worse, leaked. Not sure if all the lights work. Now the used one at least you know it works, and would be taking him out of the box anyway, so why have a mint one? I can understand getting a mint condition Thor or BW since they don't have batteries. Now I did get a mint Nick Fury last year from Ebay, but wasn't concerned about the batteries since he came out the same year so they'd be fresh.
What are your thoughts? An a sealed War Machine, or used?
Thanks.

For same price or similar price - sealed always would be my preference. I'll take my chances with a sealed figure as opposed to someone posing the character 9 million times, loose joints, scuff marks, wearing the batteries out, or having multiple people/pets come in contact with it.

For same price or similar price - sealed always would be my preference. I'll take my chances with a sealed figure as opposed to someone posing the character 9 million times, loose joints, scuff marks, wearing the batteries out, or having multiple people/pets come in contact with it.

True but was briefly displayed and looks to be back in the box. Also I don't think too many of us pose our figures so many times. And again even if the joints are loose they will eventually during anyone's use.

I got mine a few months ago, looked like batteries were dead since the light on the the hands were dim, but I merely took out the batteries, switched them around, put the same ones back in, and they're bright as hell like the chest. Like others have said, I prefer to be the one opening the box and touching the figure for the first time.

Back