Hot Toys –MMS120 - Iron Man 2: War Machine full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone else had the pegs on the piece that holds the machine gun to his forearm break?

If you mean the small black pegs, then yes, one of mine was broken straight out of the box. I haven't bothered to fix it yet, but it'll be a simple lock-tite superglue job for me.

I received Firebird's stickers in the mail yesterday! Haven't had a chance to apply them yet, still debating whether to leave the existing art on the body and just apply the extras, or take off everything and apply the whole sticker set afresh.

I'm a wuss, I know I'll be leaving the originals on. Might try the pencil rubbing trick to dull the new ones up a bit.

But thanks Jim for making these available - like I said, I can't think of a better value-for-money mod in terms of how much these will lift the figure. And thanks for including those instructions!

90% rubbing alcohol??? It wont damage the underlying color? wow! thanks for the advice!!!
well first I need to get Firebirds stickers... :)

Check out the latest review for this figure.. pretty neat!

tumblr_litbqay8VY1qamsd5.jpg

Hot Toys: Iron Man 2 - War Machine 1/6 Scale (Latest 2011 In-Depth Review)

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/XqnbVA2bvY0?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/XqnbVA2bvY0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

and Gallery at the website Here!

tumblr_litcsyKzEK1qamsd5.jpg

tumblr_liu5xq3KFI1qamsd5.jpg

Last edited:
Is this figure as heavy as it looks?

I always love it when a big figure also has a lot of heft... it definitely adds to the figure's perceived size, like the T2 Arnold.

Just got mine and probably the last figure for a long while...

Here are some pics:

100_8574.jpg

100_8570.jpg

100_8583.jpg

Main & only complaint is light up eyes... not sure why they chose to use red led instead of white with red lenses... but oh well.

I need to get a set of those decals too.

Great figure, i say grab him while he is still reasonably priced.

M.

If you mean the small black pegs, then yes, one of mine was broken straight out of the box. I haven't bothered to fix it yet, but it'll be a simple lock-tite superglue job for me.

I received Firebird's stickers in the mail yesterday! Haven't had a chance to apply them yet, still debating whether to leave the existing art on the body and just apply the extras, or take off everything and apply the whole sticker set afresh.

I'm a wuss, I know I'll be leaving the originals on. Might try the pencil rubbing trick to dull the new ones up a bit.

But thanks Jim for making these available - like I said, I can't think of a better value-for-money mod in terms of how much these will lift the figure. And thanks for including those instructions!

Thanks for buying and I am glad you like the decals. :hi5:

Just got mine and probably the last figure for a long while...

Main & only complaint is light up eyes... not sure why they chose to use red led instead of white with red lenses... but oh well.

I need to get a set of those decals too.

Great figure, i say grab him while he is still reasonably priced.

M.

Awesome pics of WM! :hi5:

The red led eyes are not the best, but I really don't display him with the leds on, so I can live with it. :)

The red led eyes are not the best, but I really don't display him with the leds on, so I can live with it. :)
True. I turn on the LEDs only during pics, and even then, I have only a few of those pics.

Here's one and you can just barely tell it's on:

5521921010_f1cd54048c_b.jpg

Thanks buddy.

I've been using a very modest Canon XTi DSLR body and shooting in natural lighting.

I'm hoping to find a Canon 50mm f/1.4 prime lens for cheap.

Thanks buddy.

I've been using a very modest Canon XTi DSLR body and shooting in natural lighting.

I'm hoping to find a Canon 50mm f/1.4 prime lens for cheap.

Natural lighting hey, always the best.

Still trying to get my figure photography right. I can take a nice photo of a waterfall or flower but not a stationary action figure:dunno

Outdoors and foliage will always look good because you can get good saturation on the colors and there's plenty of light, especially on a cloudy day. That's the best time to take outdoor pictures. Too much sunlight, however, will overexpose your pictures and you'll lose a lot of details in the objects you're shooting.

With your figures, try mounting your camera on a tripod. If you don't have one, use some textbooks. In terms of lighting, turn the flash off and adjust the shutter speed to stay open longer.

Once you're happy with those pictures, play around with aperture control. Try different f-stops and see what it does to the depth-of-field in your pictures.

If the colors in your picture do not represent the true colors of the objects you're shooting, trying playing around with the white balance control.

Then of course, there's post processing. This can fix some of the errors in your picture but a blurred pic is a blurred pic. So use that tripod. :)

Outdoors and foliage will always look good because you can get good saturation on the colors and there's plenty of light, especially on a cloudy day. That's the best time to take outdoor pictures. Too much sunlight, however, will overexpose your pictures and you'll lose a lot of details in the objects you're shooting.

With your figures, try mounting your camera on a tripod. If you don't have one, use some textbooks. In terms of lighting, turn the flash off and adjust the shutter speed to stay open longer.

Once you're happy with those pictures, play around with aperture control. Try different f-stops and see what it does to the depth-of-field in your pictures.

If the colors in your picture do not represent the true colors of the objects you're shooting, trying playing around with the white balance control.

Then of course, there's post processing. This can fix some of the errors in your picture but a blurred pic is a blurred pic. So use that tripod. :)

Cheers buddy. I actually understand all that so I'll play around with the camera. Got a new tripod last month so I'll whip it out.

What f-stop, shutter speed and white balance did you use for that photo, just for an example of what to aim for?

:)

Back