Hot Toys –MMS120 - Iron Man 2: War Machine full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
depending on what folks are doing to these figures, I'd question the idea that Hot Toys used "faulty materials."

There are some toys (like NECA's first run of God of War Kratos 7" figures and Square Enix's entire run of 8" FFX Auron figures) which have been made of faulty materials because the factory cheapen out (to no fault of the company).

That said, I can only guess if the MMS War Machine figure is breaking, it's probably NOT because of "faulty materials," (since I believe Hot Toys uses one of the best factories) -- one guess could be people are trying to do something with the figure it's not intended to do: ie - posing it in a specific way, stressing the waist/chest joint, etc -

I'm not defending Hot Toys as Lord knows they've had some issues in the past, but I'd like to believe if they truly spent this much time on this figure (reworking it and all), that they'd give a little more care and attention to the chest joint's material.

depending on what folks are doing to these figures, I'd question the idea that Hot Toys used "faulty materials."

There are some toys (like NECA's first run of God of War Kratos 7" figures and Square Enix's entire run of 8" FFX Auron figures) which have been made of faulty materials because the factory cheapen out (to no fault of the company).

That said, I can only guess if the MMS War Machine figure is breaking, it's probably NOT because of "faulty materials," (since I believe Hot Toys uses one of the best factories) -- one guess could be people are trying to do something with the figure it's not intended to do: ie - posing it in a specific way, stressing the waist/chest joint, etc -

I'm not defending Hot Toys as Lord knows they've had some issues in the past, but I'd like to believe if they truly spent this much time on this figure (reworking it and all), that they'd give a little more care and attention to the chest joint's material.
Have you seen the photos of what Hot Toys is using to hold the upper torso to the rest of the figure? It's a fragile looking little ring of black plastic. I'd say its a faulty design choice on Hot Toys part. They should have used either a heavy ball joint or a metal ring.

Have you seen the photos of what Hot Toys is using to hold the upper torso to the rest of the figure? It's a fragile looking little ring of black plastic. I'd say its a faulty design choice on Hot Toys part. They should have used either a heavy ball joint or a metal ring.

I like the ball-joints a lot. They seem more sturdy, or do what they did with the predators' chests, although i am not sure what that is.

Hot toys makes some incredible products, but I think they cut a lot of corners to squeeze out even more profit of already expensive figures. They could easily afford to make them out of a tougher plastic but then their profit margin wouldn't be as high.

I wonder how many out there have their wm, and how many of their wm's waist broke. If the ratio is too high, I might consider canceling my PO since May. I think its an awesome figure and the coolest one of all, the only one I ordered in the entire iron man line. But waiting 5 months and $200+ doesn't justify the quality issues. I really hope the waist problems are isolated or just have to do with earlier batch.

Man that does not sound good, I would hope that this issue would be resolved, but that would mean more delays. :gah:

Rather have him delayed 6 more months, then have to spend 2 months replacing him by sending it back.

I like the ball-joints a lot. They seem more sturdy, or do what they did with the predators' chests, although i am not sure what that is.
the preds use ball joints

They should have used metal.

Could we assume (not read into the reports, don't want to put myself of buying) that the waist issue could be from making to much stress there ?. Not a case of top heavy etc.
Would hope that keeping him a a basic military straight stand would help protect the week joint.

We have only seen these pictures so far

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0225.jpg

If there are any new pictures of breaks please post them. I can not access the page he linked to on Facebook.

Looking at the break, my guess is it's broke from people thinking that it's a ball joint, and trying to move him left to right instead of just back to front.

I agree, it looks like a movement break. That doesn't really concern me too much, unlike the photogs on this thread I usually just pose and then they stay that way as long as they are in my collections. I don't move them much.

Back