Hot Toys –MMS120 - Iron Man 2: War Machine full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every now and then i get the urge to get rid of most of my IM armours. With this one being at the top of the "get rid of it" list.
But i really liked IM and IM2. And the armours that came from them.
And i realise i'm NEVER getting rid of this suit, lol.

I'll be selling mine if a newly designed WarMachine is released. Pic I took the other day.

image.jpg

There's just no comparison...
Hot-Toys-War-Machine-IM2andIM3-Comp.jpg
A real War Machine and an Iron Man painted black & grey with some dumb gun on his back :)

There's just no comparison...
View attachment 179496

While i agree the original is more of a War Machine, it shows us the kind of thing Tony can make and do the same thing, compared to Hammer tech piggy-backed onto an early Tony Stark armour that is the original.
The left shows us a sherman tank of an armour. The right is a porsche 911 with a howitzer on top.

Can anyone confirm if the neck is supposed to come out on this guy to access the batteries like the mark iv? I'm having a hard time replacing batteries on it...

Can anyone confirm if the neck is supposed to come out on this guy to access the batteries like the mark iv? I'm having a hard time replacing batteries on it...

Yea the neck comes out. Its a pain. Very tight joints. Be careful

I told you the neck post could come out in the MKIV thread and the best way to do it. You didn't believe me?:monkey2

I was one of the recent posters who was having a hard time getting the battery compartment open on the Mark IV, and when I heard that it was just as difficult on IM2 War Machine, I was really dreading the "battle" ahead. However, it was surprisingly easy to get them out of WM for me without removing the neck or the head. I just gently bent his head forward, and there was enough flex to create space to remove the battery compartment relatively easily (and it didn't damage the figure in any way, since I didn't have to push hard). Maybe I just got "lucky" and got a figure with a little more flex in the neck area.

Also, I'm sure many of you already figured out this trick, but I realized that the easiest way to remove the batteries from 1/6 figures is with a magnet. I have a retractable magnet wand I picked up for a couple bucks at a big box DIY store that works nicely for this purpose. It is capable of pulling out and holding three of any size HT 1/6 battery I've put it close to. It beats trying to pry out the batteries with my fingers or any other object I can think of! Get it close to the batteries, and they pop right out!

I told you the neck post could come out in the MKIV thread and the best way to do it. You didn't believe me?:monkey2

I'm sorry man, I tried yanking it out and it didn't budge... It felt like I was going to break the light up plastic area...

I can remove the battery cover fairly easily though, it's just that placing the batteries back in there is almost impossible unless the neck is removed. I tried to pop out the neck holding the empty battery bay (gave me some extra leverage) and i just ended up cutting my finger instead lol...

I wish reviewers would post videos on this stuff on youtube, seems like something everyone would have to do at a certain point and would be very informational...

So I finally decided to remove the batteries from all my Iron Men figures, since they are currently packed away, and so many people have warned about leaking batteries I figured about time to remove them to be safe. So when I got to my War Machine I had no problem with removing the screws in the arms and back, but when I got to the neck it wouldn't budge, extremely over tightened. So now I'm afraid it may be stripped as it looks a bit eaten up now. :( Any suggestions how to get it the screw out, and once I do where can I find a replacement screw?? Any and all help would be much appreciated... :pray: Thanks

So I finally decided to remove the batteries from all my Iron Men figures, since they are currently packed away, and so many people have warned about leaking batteries I figured about time to remove them to be safe. So when I got to my War Machine I had no problem with removing the screws in the arms and back, but when I got to the neck it wouldn't budge, extremely over tightened. So now I'm afraid it may be stripped as it looks a bit eaten up now. :( Any suggestions how to get it the screw out, and once I do where can I find a replacement screw?? Any and all help would be much appreciated... :pray: Thanks

I would rccomend this set. Moody Tools 58-0670 6-Piece Slot/Phil/Screw Extractor Combo Reversible Driver Set: Threading Tap Extractors: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

I've had more than my share of stripped screws with IM figures, particularly the newer ones since HT loves to drill them in way too tight. This set really helps with getting them out. May take a little work but once you get the right one to 'catch' the screw you can get it out pretty easily. Hope this helps. Good luck.

I would rccomend this set. Moody Tools 58-0670 6-Piece Slot/Phil/Screw Extractor Combo Reversible Driver Set: Threading Tap Extractors: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

I've had more than my share of stripped screws with IM figures, particularly the newer ones since HT loves to drill them in way too tight. This set really helps with getting them out. May take a little work but once you get the right one to 'catch' the screw you can get it out pretty easily. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Thanks for the info.... Looks like I may be ordering that soon.

Back