Hot Toys –MMS120 - Iron Man 2: War Machine full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pics from the expo, not sure if these have been posted:

https://www.toy-world.com.hk/forum/viewthread.php?tid=23559&page=17#pid136222

The mask looks funny there to me; sort of baby-faced. Otherwise, looks great.

20100424_448bafa0c0fb4bd3e558rXbwZ64XVlfA.jpg

I see what u mean with the mask looking weird ..could it be the eyes being a little to big?

I think that's how it looks with the lights off. I think the same thing of the first Iron Man figures. I added these black strips at the bottom of the lenses so they would be more squinty.

EDIT
If you look closely, the 'eyes' are done a lot better this time around. It's not all just clear lens. There's actually some black plastic under the lens part. This is a lot more accurate than on previous figures. Exactly what I tried to achieve with my Iron Man figures. The eyes aren't so googly now!

Last edited:
War Machine had red lights when he was evil and still being controlled by Whiplash. Then when he regained control, he had white lights.

Maybe Hot Toys could add both lights. Switch up for red, switch down for white.

I also see the baby face effect on the 3rd and 5th pictures.....

I almost want to squeeze his chubby cheeks.....

What he needs now is a WM Pacifier weapon!

20100424_7f05d779ade819a85548Cgnw6ZnHxoWe.jpg

You can see it here too. Notice the black lines under the clear lens part?

Just to show you my point, here's what I did to my Mark II.

MarkIIim.jpg

Before

MarkII-2copy.jpg

I did this way back in like September or October. I wonder if HT looked at my pictures :D

20100424_7f05d779ade819a85548Cgnw6ZnHxoWe.jpg

You can see it here too. Notice the black lines under the clear lens part?

Just to show you my point, here's what I did to my Mark II.

MarkIIim.jpg

Before

MarkII-2copy.jpg

I did this way back in like September or October. I wonder if HT looked at my pictures :D

I like both but I prefer the more open eyes......

I like both but I prefer the more open eyes......

Depending on the lighting, I'm sure that even with the black 'strips' under the eyes they could still look 'open'. There were instances in the films where the eyes did glow a lot more than normal and you couldn't see the black parts.

I really do applaud the inclusion of the detail in the eyes. The SS maquettes have them and I love the angry look :lol

What month do ya think this and mrk IV will come out, should i pre-order?..Iron man 2 was a great movie.

Well, considering that HT hasn't even announced a Mark V yet, and given the usual 6+ month wait from announcement to release (in Hong Kong at least), we won't be gettin' our hands on the figure until at least September if we order direct from HK dealer, and probably December if we wait for SS to distribute.

And if it's DX, HT can justify making us wait even longer.

War Machine had red lights when he was evil and still being controlled by Whiplash. Then when he regained control, he had white lights.

Maybe Hot Toys could add both lights. Switch up for red, switch down for white.

Warmachine always had red eyes... Chest Arc Reactor has always been white... Unlike Tony that has a RT unit at the chest (Mk.2/3/4/6), I would say Rhodey with Mk2 and with WM only have the Arc Reactor in its place.

After Whiplash fight...
im2fx0740.jpg

I've never understood why if the Ironman suit is a "gold titanium alloy" that when it gets scratched it's silver underneath. I'd also think Ti wouldn't be the best metal to use for armor as it's relatively (to hardened steel) soft.

I've never understood why if the Ironman suit is a "gold titanium alloy" that when it gets scratched it's silver underneath. I'd also think Ti wouldn't be the best metal to use for armor as it's relatively (to hardened steel) soft.

You do know if anyone was to go supersonic speeds in a suit all their blood would rush to their feet in an instant and they would black out.

It takes to some libertys in realism.

Not neccesarily, Stark is shown wearing something like a pressure suit when stepping into the mkIII in the first film which would reduce those effects.

Now, what would make more sense, is if it's titanium nitride coated steel. TiNi is often referred to as "gold titanium" as it's often gold in color and has very different properties than titanium. It just always bugs me that titanium is thought to be this super strong metal that's stronger than steel... which it's not. It's breaking strength is higher for it's weight although not necessarily it's mass.

TiNi though is a very hard substance used often to coat drill bits and the like to improve durability. Would make sense to coat the relatively (to the TiNi) soft, but higher tensile strength steel with the harder but more brittle TiNi. The TiNi explaination would also explain why it can get scraped off exposing the steel underneath.

I'm not trying to be pedantic or anything, I just find metallurgy interesting and it's fun to theorize about fictional technology.

I see what u mean with the mask looking weird ..could it be the eyes being a little to big?
I figured out at least one thing that's wrong with it; his lower "lip" should be the dark grey color, not the light silver color. It's meant to be part of the chin, not part of the face. The close-up official pics on the first page of this thread show it done correctly.

What was it in the comic? Maybe they want to stay true to the source material even though modern technology has evolved. An alloy of gold may not nesscially be gold coloured either. Maybe it's galvanised but with gold I doubt it.

It wasn't a personal dig just there could be explained reasons for this occurances in the comics. Films only have a certian amount of time to pack in all the information.

I figured out at least one thing that's wrong with it; his lower "lip" should be the dark grey color, not the light silver color. It's meant to be part of the chin, not part of the face. The close-up official pics on the first page of this thread show it done correctly.

On some of the front official pics I see a light silver on the lower lip and on other pics I see the darker lip. :dunno

All in the lighting.

Back