Hot Toys –MMS120 - Iron Man 2: War Machine full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just opened my War Machine today.
He's been in storage since I bought him.
I think that was a bad move.
Only his chest and right hand light up.
His head and left hand don't,I'm hoping the batteries are just dead and that's it.
Where can I buy the AG1 batteries to replace them?
Would places like Home Depot or Lowe's carry them?
Other than that the figure is awesome!
No need for the stand at all.
Wish I opened him earlier.

I purchased some batteries for my Exo Terminator at Batteries Plus.They carry tons of batteries. Good Luck

AFM

Just opened my War Machine today.
He's been in storage since I bought him.
I think that was a bad move.
Only his chest and right hand light up.
His head and left hand don't,I'm hoping the batteries are just dead and that's it.
Where can I buy the AG1 batteries to replace them?
Would places like Home Depot or Lowe's carry them?
Other than that the figure is awesome!
No need for the stand at all.
Wish I opened him earlier.

Helpful link for battery-types reference and battery storage strategy:

https://ngeekhiongex.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/hot-toys-16-war-machine-part-6-final.html

My favorite combo to date. These two look amazing together.

8629592351_0acb78c2a9_c.jpg

8629592233_25a7d875e9_c.jpg

Last edited:
I'd say don't worry about the lights. Just replace the batteries and you should be good to go.

I got my War Machine in June 2012 at a local toy fair, so a good 2 years after its release. I opened it right away, and found that only the chest light worked; the eyes and hands were dead. Went online, bought some new batteries, and he was good as new afterwards. :D

Did you add the red and blue chest lights or did you just photoshop those in?

Added in. I used a thin translucent color film, snipped away and made the shapes and placed it behind the armor.

I photoshopped it to show the color more because you can't see it as clearly without the LED lights on. It looks more movie like when the LED is actually on but I didn't have them on when I was shooting the pictures so I just photoshopped the Chest and Eye area to have the color pop more.

It looks great in person as you can see the shade of blue/red the way you see in the pictures above with the LED off.

Added in. I used a thin translucent color film, snipped away and made the shapes and placed it behind the armor.

I photoshopped it to show the color more because you can't see it as clearly without the LED lights on. It looks more movie like when the LED is actually on but I didn't have them on when I was shooting the pictures so I just photoshopped the Chest and Eye area to have the color pop more.

It looks great in person as you can see the shade of blue/red the way you see in the pictures above with the LED off.

Gotcha! I was wondering because I knew the MILK WM came with red lights everywhere, but the IM2 version was just his eyes.

Well I did some work on my War Machine.
I opened up the compartments to the arm and head and used the batteries that were working and switched them out.
Turns out the batteries weren't lined up the right way and they work now.
I had an issue with the screw on the neck and had to use a small drill bit and drill it out. The head of the screw broke off and it was the same issue in the head,the batteries were just lined up a bit off.
One of his hands isn't as bright as the other,I'm OK with it.

Well I did some work on my War Machine.
I opened up the compartments to the arm and head and used the batteries that were working and switched them out.
Turns out the batteries weren't lined up the right way and they work now.
I had an issue with the screw on the neck and had to use a small drill bit and drill it out. The head of the screw broke off and it was the same issue in the head,the batteries were just lined up a bit off.
One of his hands isn't as bright as the other,I'm OK with it.

pics? .

Some bad news/good news.
After I switched around the batteries in the arms and head,they all crapped the bed.
Luckily there is a Batteries Plus store near me and I got 8 new batteries.
I didn't know that War Machines whole neck could come out,it made replacing the batteries a lot easier.
The chest batteries are still going strong,so I didn't replace them.
Mix Master,I didn't take pics yet,will do it later tonight.
Love this figure,the size is amazing,he's a lot better than the MARK II in my opinion.
Only gripe I have is the bullets for the gatling gun,they seem a bit short and don't seem to fit into the slots where the diagram say to slip them in.
Anyone else have issues with that,if so is there a fix?

bullet belt should rest inside both areas nicely. you may have to wiggle it a little to get it in there all the way.

I think the slot where it connects to the gun, can rotate so its closer to the body. Also the mount on his back can slide left an right when the gun is attached.

All you really need to know is, do not twist the upper torso joint, do not even flex ! It is Notoriously weak. Pretend its not there. I think the waist is ok.

I tried to sell this locally but, some C-sucker(s) on this forum decided to spam my mail with BS aliases and bits of harassment while trying to obtain my phone number/location, i am almost complete on my investigation regarding this matter so, i will decide what action i will take over that soon enough.

I'm debating creating a FS thread here if i am allowed but, only open to members local in the North York/GTA area if i do get one up.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGCKZ1e977s&feature=related"]YouTube - Hot Toys War Machine and Odin- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

Got Mikesauns007's Hurricane Sandy Hot Toys War Machine. Looks kick butt in my display next to the 6. Enjoy this video. I have him posed up with some of my other figures. Please comment. Thanks guys

I need to replace the batteries in this guys head, does anyone know if I can pull his neck out of the body like on the Mark IV or Mark VI?

I need to replace the batteries in this guys head, does anyone know if I can pull his neck out of the body like on the Mark IV or Mark VI?

Sure can. Look out for that screw, heaps of people have rounded the screw head because of how tight a lot them were.

Hey all. Bit of a noob to this, so please forgive if this isn't the place for this. I am looking to pick up a few older Marvel figures in good shape, including this one, but don't want to pay the ebay scalper prices. My hard ceiling for this figure is 300 dollars. Any options out there for me?

Last edited:
Back