Hot Toys –MMS120 - Iron Man 2: War Machine full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don´t do it the way Anthrapoid told you, you´ll have double work.
If you do it with brush cleaner and a q-tip the surface ends up shiny and you have to redo the dull look of WM.
Just use grinding paper like I said and you can easily remove the decals, while keeping the surface and if you want to "re-grey" the part just use normal graphit from sharpening a pencil on the surface and it works the same on Jim's stickers/decals to make color equal to HT's decals.
Trust me, I did it, all worked perfect.
Pics tomorrow.
Endo, I remember you...
I did NOT tell people to use 'brush cleaner'. I suggested DE-BONDER for superglue, which leaves a MATTE FINISH.

images

you boys wanna see a magic trick???

Here is a normal everyday War Machine right?
003.JPG

PRESTO!!!
007.JPG

:eek::eek:

In all honesty, mine broke like that too and, while it limited the amount of ab crunch, I simply replaced that joint with a 1" round power magnet and the figure actually stays together better and still twists from side to side. Again, the ab crunch is gone (due to the magnets being epoxied in place) but the figure still looks great...of course, I repainted mine and turned it into a custom space marine looking guy - but that's beside the point! :)

Whoops... now that is what I call torso articulation. I have one coming from a board member. Hope that isn't a hard modification to get it to do that. ;)

My war machines cut in half real bad ya'll.. So your war machines are gonna have to be twice as awesome for the both of us.
[ame]https://youtu.be/pBm2KqyLxTo[/ame]

In all honesty, mine broke like that too and, while it limited the amount of ab crunch, I simply replaced that joint with a 1" round power magnet and the figure actually stays together better and still twists from side to side. Again, the ab crunch is gone (due to the magnets being epoxied in place) but the figure still looks great...of course, I repainted mine and turned it into a custom space marine looking guy - but that's beside the point! :)

Would you please send me a link to where I could order a magnet like this, or alteast tell me where I may find one please???

That sucks man! You bought it that way?

No actually I paid like $300 to be one of the first in the U.S. to get this bad boy, and this happened to me back in November. I posted all the details about it in the milk war machine thread. I will find that post and re-post here to make sure I give yall heads up on somethings to avoid to make sure it doesn't happen to you.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101120&page=114

Last edited:
No actually I paid like $300 to be one of the first in the U.S. to get this bad boy, and this happened to me back in November. I posted all the details about it in the milk war machine thread. I will find that post and re-post here to make sure I give yall heads up on somethings to avoid to make sure it doesn't happen to you.

Now that's even more harder to swallow! :slap

Thanks for lookin' out! :1-1:

Sorry - just checked back to this thread. :slap

Preddator1221 - your best bet to get a 1" round power magnet set (they come in pairs and you'll need 2 - one for top, one for bottom) is Hobby Lobby or Michaels or another craft or hardware store.

You *can* get them online (link below), but brick and mortar stores are the way to go to save on shipping. Plus, you may want to get more than this set.

See here: https://shop.hobbylobby.com/store/item.aspx?ItemId=159460

Personally, I've been using use magnets in a lot of different sizes in my customs for years. I use them to hold on heads, hands, armor, and more. They work great if you have a dremel and can cut out a portion of the body/piece in which the magnet will go into so you can make the magnet flush with the piece. I personally use them the most with large, heavy power fist or some customized hands/arms like those below. This is a ACI Andrew body with magnets on the wrists and a set of Gallowz hands (from the old Stan Winston Creatures' Mutant Earth series).

customusingAndrew.jpg

PM me if you have any questions! :)

The Mk.VI and WM look so damn good together. Great pics Exoticlex. :hi5:

If HT ever decides to make a Whiplash armor, he'll be joining the party on my shelf.

5729473324_e38a8ed67c_b.jpg

Nice pic Centurion! Don't know why HT did not release a BD War Machine in the first place, when they did it for Mark VI. Given the history, I guess they would re-release one sooner or later.

Back