Hot Toys –MMS120 - Iron Man 2: War Machine full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So my War Machine finally arrived today, and the eyes barely light up at all. I'm thinking the batteries might just be dead, but considering my Mark IV came in with all the lights working fine, should I be worried?

Other than that, this is probably my favorite figure I've ever owned...

More than the iv?

So my War Machine finally arrived today, and the eyes barely light up at all. I'm thinking the batteries might just be dead, but considering my Mark IV came in with all the lights working fine, should I be worried?

Other than that, this is probably my favorite figure I've ever owned...

Take the helmet off the neck post and check the brightness of the naked light. If it's still very dim, try new batteries - the mkIV ones should be the same (I wouldn't know because the screw in mine is stuffed and I can't even open the battery compartment).

My WM neck LED is not as bright as my MkIV LED, and others may say the same - factor this into your fretting.

You could try getting a replacement that may end up being brighter but may not. If your distributor is prepared to do that then go for it. If you can't do this, consider buying a replacement, though one I've seen on ebay is $45.

Considering that I'm taking all my batteries out before they corrode in their compartments, probably never to be reinserted, I personally wouldn't be worried at all. I mean really, it's a nice feature and all, but how often will you be turning the lights on?

My WM's eyes are pretty dim too. I don't think it's uncommon. I actually like my WM better than the Mark IV. Didn't think I would, but I really love this figure.

To be honest, I only had my War Machines lights on for a few minutes before I put him in the case. I can't remember how bright or not it was. I'd check, but the case lifts up and my wife has piled some of her stuff on it now. :slap

More than the iv?

If my Mark IV didn't have that annoying wing flap popping up, I'd rate that a little higher, but as it stands the WM is perfect, IMO. I'll work on the metal grating some more, I might even remove it entirely before I get him in the case.

Do you guys recommend removing the batteries before putting him in a case, long term?

hmm i think i may have to get another War Machine in order to get the don cheadle head without paying the high prices on ebay.. would there be anyone interested in a parted out war machine without the don cheadle head? =x

Speaking of the Mark 1, I remember having the Mark 1 and 2 in my hands multiple times at Hastings when I was trying to find the Mark 3 and just telling myself nah i'm just gonna get the Mark 3. STUPID!!! STUPID!!!! STUPID!!!!:slap:slap:slap

Ouch
:panic:

I did the same thing with the DX Joker.

hmm i think i may have to get another War Machine in order to get the don cheadle head without paying the high prices on ebay.. would there be anyone interested in a parted out war machine without the don cheadle head? =x

Do you want just the Don Cheadle head? my WM is on display and I don't think I really need Cheadle's head sculpt.

Just opened my War Machine and God damn it if he doesnt look like a tank.:panic:
I have no diea how some people claim he lloks plasticy, he looked like metal to say the least. Really good painf job.
He also felt heavy.

Too bad I will not be able to display it (althogh I have display place) until IM mark 6 comes to stand next to it. It just feels wrong to put him there without Iron Man.
So far I am keeping it in the box.

Just opened my War Machine and God damn it if he doesnt look like a tank.:panic:
I have no diea how some people claim he lloks plasticy, he looked like metal to say the least. Really good painf job.
He also felt heavy.

Too bad I will not be able to display it (althogh I have display place) until IM mark 6 comes to stand next to it. It just feels wrong to put him there without Iron Man.

Congrats man! Glad you are happy with it!

He also felt heavy.

Congrats! WM was one of my first HT I got and I still find it one of my favs.

When Tony made the Mark III he wanted hot rod red. Did Rhodey ask for Don't F with me gray on War Machine?

WM is a beast. I am so glad I jumped on the pre order as soon as it came up.

He also felt heavy.

pitythefool1.jpg

Back