Hot Toys –MMS120 - Iron Man 2: War Machine full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the finish is just a bit lacking. Would like a bit more gloss on it.

I think this is an under-used aspect of the reveal head.

5286688422_3acc7051cf_b.jpg

I've said it multiple times but the III film suit is very maroon. The IV you can tell even in the movie when it's in the suit gallery is far redder.

Ain't it amusing when everyone thinks they are right, as in they always say the maroon colour was wrong as was Hot Toys wrong. When in fact it was right. Yet like others have posted as you have as well. The evidence prevails but still, this isn't the first time this conversation has came up.

What's that all about... when it's official it's still not good enough for them. On cloud nine?

Eh whatevs. On the subject of War Machine. I totally didn't understand people posing him with all the weapon compartments open. Now having one, they're so damn cool, I love it when they're all open. I also just figured out that the vulcan canon rotates up and down not just left and right. Even after reading the instructions I didn't believe it since it just doesn't look like there's a point of articulation there.

i just noticed something n i wonder if anyone else out there have this issue. my war machine's minigun barrels r slightly twisted clockwise. not very noticable.

Ive only seen the pics of one broke here. Is this a major issue?

Only breaking issue I've experienced, and seen several others mention, is the tiny pegs on the wrists that hold the arm guns on coming off. They're just glued on with a tiny bit of glue and apparently, as was in my case, come of easy. Got my figure on the desk, sit back and admire it, and clank....a gun drops off. Examination showed both pegs came off and were still stuck in the holes on the gun.

I epoxy'd them back on. I suspect they'll not come off again. But, I'm waiting for the other 2 pegs on the other arm to do the same. Easy fixes, and certainly not a waist breaking. But, sux all the same when it happens.

I ended up with a dented upper right rear jet on the silver cover part (the one on his upper back that pulls out).

The problem is that I don't remember if it came like that, but there's nothing I did here that caused that dent :dunno

So odd, I usually notice damage right away during my 300 point inspection!

:dunno

So check your rear jet covers ladies and gentlemen for a very small yet very noticeable dent.

The outer silver cover should be flat and smooth.

This figure just rocks...unbelievable.

The red LED had no problems today, no dimming or fading for more than a coupe of minutes. I hope those batteries will last a liftime, so that I don't have to replace them...seems like a pain in the ***...

16917338.jpg

I have this "problem" too. I put problem in quotes because I believe it's the batteries. They exhibit all the signs of needing replaced such as coming on bright and dimming the longer they're on. When you turn off something, and later turn it on, it's not uncommon for a battery to briefly work well before losing the charge again, especially with something that has lower power requirements like an LED. I'm pretty sure that has to be the case. And, they could just be cheap batteries. I'm not too concerned about it though. An LED works or it doesn't. The brightness is only affected by the amount of juice you're sending it, so it's pretty safe to say our issue is not the figure, or the LED, but the batteries. If Hot Toys had not properly figured the voltage for the LED, in such a way that the slight variance in the voltage as the batteries are used could cause dimming, there would be far more people complaining about it. That said, quality batteries vary less, and even in this case replacement of them should fix correct the issue.

I've installed a ton of LED's into models I've made. I've yet to see one have dimming brightness, except when batteries are running low. The only time in hundreds of LED's that I've had a problem with one, was one LED that just was dim period. It wouldn't start bright and dim, it just came on dim and stayed that way. It worked, just poorly. It went to the trash.

Sorry if this is a long road to a short house. This just happened to be one instance where I could comment on something that I have a degree of knowledge on. :)

Merry Christmas everyone!

I finally got this guy, killer Christmas present. My first Iron Man fig, I can't get over how awesome it is. It's a bit lighter and more fragile than I expected, but otherwise amazing. I have a bad feeling I'm going to need more Iron Man figs now..

The lights died on my head when I swapped the light up head out and back in again. I heard something rattle when I popped the light up head back on, I think I shook the batteries loose or something. No big deal as I never use the light up features.

Went to my local comic shop today and cracked on this guy, was originally priced at $220CAN but, got him for $195 total with TVC ROTJ R2 figure thrown in the deal, not too bad i guess for comic shop prices here.

I am curious though, how in the hell did you guys fit that ammo belt into the gun?, really really tough to get in there...thinking maybe i will clamp the belt first and then try and stuff it in the socket.

I originally had no interest in this figure but, this time seeing it in person, i couldn't pass on it after picking up MKIV just a few weeks ago. The eyes on mine were kind of dim when i first turned it on and then i moved the head around and they got brighter..maybe bad connector or something but, they seem to stay consistently bright all the time now...____ it i am not worried too much..displaying him with open lid.

*edit* Duh..nevermind about the ammo belt..wrong socket..bit of a deception at first since there is another opening that looks as if something is to be placed in there.

Last edited:
Got one finally and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. It was definitely oversold here and other places but once I got it, it feels way more fragile and plasticiky than the others, feels more hollow. I felt like I was going to break it just getting the guns attached and the stand doesn't exactly fit, it doesn't hold the figure like the other Iron Man figures because of the "wider" bottom. I'm considering swapping out for an older C-Stand since my figures are high up when on display.

I like it but the way people were going on around here I expected to literally fall out of my seat once it was displayed.

Back