Hot Toys –MMS120 - Iron Man 2: War Machine full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And in case anyone was wondering: they nitpick over at ToyWorld too. :lol.

Bunch of people think the HT War Machine figure is inaccurate in a few places. Thought it was funny. iunno. :D

MOMOLONG @ ToyWorld said:
20100316_349a1fbb602ffc8b335fk0L17SNUKJZd.jpg

20100316_bc29f847810161c1f46dcumgLSB7d6Sw.jpg

20100316_cfb50edd8c111d52b514Nzen16oAlcBk.jpg

Those are what I tend to think of as meaningless inaccuracies. They're things I would never notice even once pointed out to me.

The Mike: I'm not really talking about anything plot wise. It doesn't really matter if it's literally based on the actual parts used for the mkII or just the design. It's clear design-wise that the look of the mkII informed the look of War Machine. Additionally the intentional crudity of many of the design elements give it a very purpose built look. Like they wouldn't change anything that worked for their design purposes that already existed simply to change it.

Design wise War Machine has more common elements and visual themes with the mkII and III than the IV, V, or VI. I think that's all really cool.

I tend to LOL when those small discrepancies are pointed out...but then again I'm somene who wouldn't be able to tell you the difference between Vader's costume in iv, v and vi. Over in the Star Wars board that's a mortal sin.

Here are some cool pics of his costume.

bcd5d4b4e23c5b3011dc2921ed40cca5.jpg

l_a66029b90435416b80e87ff4a47a675a.jpg

l_01a3afbca275411aaf4a640e7555136e.jpg

War_Machine_All_Guns_fire_by_Masterle247.jpg

Want_some_of_this_by_Masterle247.jpg

This Guy has a really cool War Machine suit
He looks a bit like a young Jango Fett
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/OeSyXJKypQ8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/OeSyXJKypQ8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Holy crap this figure is huge looks atleast 14 inches. I just hope they will improve the Cheadle sculpt.

As it's a little quite on the figure, I thought I would show another video of that guy's War Machine outfit.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/xIGiU4W07rM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/xIGiU4W07rM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

man, that is some genuinely impressive work on the war machine suit. this dude's got some engineering and fabrication skills. :rock

also proves that the iron man n war machine armours would actually work with real human proportions factored inside.

Re: Hot Toys –MMS120 - Iron Man 2: War Machine full spec and pics

Holy crap this figure is huge looks atleast 14 inches. I just hope they will improve the Cheadle sculpt.

There some pics of it next to the mk III. It's the same height as the rest of the Iron Man suit figures from the first film. About 12.5".

Lower right hand corner. Could be inaccurate as it might be a composite image but I don't think War Machine's head would be grossly larger than the head on the mkIII which it would need to be to be any larger than that proportionally.

20100318_0bd95cfcbf848a7ffe85ysDuvD7qyetn.jpg

I tend to LOL when those small discrepancies are pointed out...but then again I'm somene who wouldn't be able to tell you the difference between Vader's costume in iv, v and vi. Over in the Star Wars board that's a mortal sin.

I thought he wore the same suit in all three films until I came here. :lol:lol:lol

man, that is some genuinely impressive work on the war machine suit. this dude's got some engineering and fabrication skills. :rock

also proves that the iron man n war machine armours would actually work with real human proportions factored inside.

Effin BRILLIANT! US D.O.D. better do some R&D and start spitting these out to Spec'l Forces! :lol HOOYAH!!! A squad of WMs would kick a$$! :gun SORRY! I just had a SS FREAKS wet dream...:naughty

y'know this just occurred to me.

war machine's correct proportions also proves just how unnaturally thin the iron man figures from the first film really were. hope they rectify it this round. i'm looking forward to getting at least the markVI as well...

I think it's less them being too thin and more the shoulders being too wide. Both are a problem but I think if the shoulders where narrower it would be a less of a problem. The abdomen on the real suit was really thin and skin tight. HT does seem to have a thing (which they have been fixing) with doing exaggerated v-shaped torsos. A lot of really wide shoulders and narrow waists.

Back