Hot Toys –MMS120 - Iron Man 2: War Machine full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If he's really Tony Stark he'd already have them built and displayed on his shelf. :D

I've got these and more but I want the Hot Toys ones. :D

If you are Tony Stark (aka RDJ), why didn't you approve the bd IM sculpt hmmmm?

They wouldn't pay me enough. If they want my face they'll have to foot over the cash, doesn't bother me any because I see my face in the mirror everyday.

If he's really Tony Stark, he'd know what the Mk VI maquette will retail for

I don't know what it'll retail for because I built mine by myself but I can tell you what it'd cost to get mine...

tony-stark-babes.jpg

If he was Tony Stark, he would have made 10 more armors by now.

20 actually but its been a slow week.

he is Tony Stark, and he is currently in route to each of your homes, to slap you for doubting him.

Nah, I have people to do that for me. Remind me to check with Pepper about setting those up.

Well in that case, I'll have to return the favor. I am James Rhodes after all.

You are not Rhodes...he never says his own name just makes others say it before slapping the taste out of their mouths.

That's fine. You just didn't hear it from me. Wayne Enterprises cannot afford to be linked to any further controversies. At least not so recently after it was brought to my attention that Mr. Fox had history at history at Shawshank Prison, and was involved in at least one count of assisted prison break.
Maybe I should have taken Alfred's advice, and just pinned some of the Dent murders on him while I was at it. Would certainly make my life a little easier.

-B. Wayne

Hello Mr. Wayne. Good to see you around these parts.

This Guy has a really cool War Machine suit
He looks a bit like a young Jango Fett
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/OeSyXJKypQ8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/OeSyXJKypQ8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

This may be nerdy but you do have to appreciate the engineering that went into this thing especially when he adds the helmet that opens and closes.

Yup RDJ is only 5'8"/5'9". Which means when he is standing in front of the other actors who are much taller like Paltrow he is on lifts.

Hey Mike let me ask you:

Is there a particular reason why War Machine's suit has a red glow to its chest piece and eyes? Does it say anywhere in the IM lore?

Comic wise no. The whole Arc Reactor sticking out of his chest is something done solely for the movies. In the Silver Age he had to wear the entire chestplate under his clothes. As he continued through, writers have constantly been changing the history, most recently to have the device be internalized and after the movie its becoming more aligned with that canon. What is called the Arc Reactor was mostly ornamental through the history of Iron Man and even in comics, he shared a similar power source only it was confined to the actual suit instead of Rhodes. Only recently when War Machine was getting his renewed series they tried to set him apart but again its only a fashionable thing in reality along with added character changes including Rhodey himself whose cybernetic implants are powered red. It should be noted though at this point Rhodey has undergone a bunch of changes including being practically a cyborg so in recent times he has taken more of a Stark like connection to the suit.

921342-122_war_machine_12_super.jpg

war-machine-iron-man2.jpg

Now the film I'm not sure. It has been thought that its because Hammer Tech is what originally powers War Machine and not Stark but we are still guessing until we at minimum get the novelization.

I put in a pre-order for my 7th one -- these things are going to be soooo flipable. Scalper heaven.

Comic wise no. The whole Arc Reactor sticking out of his chest is something done solely for the movies. In the Silver Age he had to wear the entire chestplate under his clothes. As he continued through, writers have constantly been changing the history, most recently to have the device be internalized and after the movie its becoming more aligned with that canon. What is called the Arc Reactor was mostly ornamental through the history of Iron Man and even in comics, he shared a similar power source only it was confined to the actual suit instead of Rhodes. Only recently when War Machine was getting his renewed series they tried to set him apart but again its only a fashionable thing in reality along with added character changes including Rhodey himself whose cybernetic implants are powered red. It should be noted though at this point Rhodey has undergone a bunch of changes including being practically a cyborg so in recent times he has taken more of a Stark like connection to the suit.

921342-122_war_machine_12_super.jpg

war-machine-iron-man2.jpg

Now the film I'm not sure. It has been thought that its because Hammer Tech is what originally powers War Machine and not Stark but we are still guessing until we at minimum get the novelization.

Thank you for a very insightful answer.

Here's my conceptual take on the movie design. Mostly conjecture based on things in the trailers as well as my own interest in conceptual design as a discipline.

The War Machine armor is clearly the mkII armor augmented without much attention paid to making the actual suit work better or be better suited for someone without a reactor stuck to their chest. They only augmented the armor and weapons. the power system and mechanics of the endoskeleton are still the same. So going with this same theory of them just doing sort of patchwork changes to the suit without totally re-designing it they simply placed low visibility red filters over the eyes and chest. Done; much like the gray paint scheme, augmented armor, and weapons, to give the whole thing a wider range of military applications.

... they could have just done it to look cool but based on what I have seen of the very concept driven design both films have had, I think there's a reason they're red. I doubt it will be addressed in the film but a designer did it because it made some sort of real world sense for the functionality of the suit.

There is no proof (yet) that the War Machine Mark is the same as the Mark II. We know from the trailers that Rhodey and Hammer are in possession of the Mark II but from the latest trailer we see Vanko in a room of Hammers full of prototypes that look like Iron Man armors. They definitely load something full of weapons based on the trailers as well. The power system cannot be the same. If you watch the original trailers you'll see that with the Mark II is on the slab it has a whole in the center. The original Mark II as well as the Mark III had a center section open to fit Stark's Arc Reactor. It also syphoned power directly from it using the metallic plates underneath the chest armor.

What we did see is Vanko building an Arc Reactor type piece in his room that obviously powers his Whiplash set up. My guess logically is that Hammer uses Vanko's creation to power his own conceptuals of the suit (the Drones) and ultimately War Machine. When War Machine goes "rogue" on Tony's side, that will lead to the ultimate 3rd act.

If you look at the build and the make up of War Machine it IS possible that the Mark II is the original template but they did more than just patchwork it, the amount of stylization on the leg and arm armor, the plating on the chest, the completely different helmet shape and augmentation of the back plates to hold the majority of the armory as well as the quad sectioned holding that seems to keep whatever War Machine's version of the Arc Reactor in, I'd say at best its a foundation where a new house was built upon instead of something just redecorated. Its also fully possible that the Mark II was just the blueprint and Hammer created everything brand new from its point including War Machine.

Back