1/6 Hot Toys – MMS355 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find the body proportions to be very much acceptable. Lighting has a great effect - here's an actual pic and figure under right lighting
drax-the-destroyer-380x415.jpg006.jpg007.jpg

A local comic shop has HT's Drax on display. In my opinion, in-hand pics...whatever, the HT Drax isn't Dave Bautista playing Drax. For $225, I'm not settling for the perfect lighting or the perfect angle to appreciate this figure. If HT can nail the likeness of a 1/6 scale racoon, then they should be able to do a better job on a Bautista Drax.

I really hope Dave told them to beef up his figure. Or at minimum the HT team could see how big he really is nd put 1&1 together....

8116670794fff444f36e0990ac5c0dd8.jpg

Bit the bullet and purchased this version with the SS $25 promo code and free shipping. Just need the green whore to finish up the team.

I think they sculpted it for Bautista's "off season" look. All you need is the glasses. :peace

In the movie, you can tell he is hitting some iron on set. HT did not capture that sadly.

He needs a shorter neck. That will solve a lot of problems.

I put a Christopher Reeve Superman head on a Henry Cavill Man of Steel Superman figure, but I couldn't get the Reeve head to work with the Man of Steel ball joint. So I took out the ball joint and just pushed the Reeve head down directly onto the neck. The head stays in place perfectly, and it looks great. It takes a bit of height off the neck but Cavill's neck was a bit long anyway. I'm wondering if this would be possible with Drax? Just remove the ball joint from the neck and push the head directly down onto the neck instead? It might eliminate some of the neck's length without having to resort to x-acto knives.

Damn, this figure looks bad. Looks like a glorified Marvel Legends figure.

I remember saying this WAY back when they first shown the figure and here it goes again. Iron Studios (even though is a statue) did better in 1/10 than HT did in 1/6 scale.

1526216_936975382980864_1013345065206549781_n.jpg

10615508_936975642980838_9024604687349155498_n.jpg

I wanted to demonstrate my "neck issue" and this picture is perfect for it. His arms are bigger here in the Iron Studios version than in the Hot Toys version, but once again the biggest problem to me with the Hot Toys version is the neck. In the Iron Studios version he barely has a neck at all. That completely changes his physique. It makes his torso look more compact and it makes his trapezius muscles look more exaggerated. This one change could really make the Hot Toys version look better. I'll be receiving mine next week (as I honestly don't believe Hot Toys will ever give us a Drax with an upgraded body--too much expense and pain in the ass for a B-list character--I bit the bullet and bought this one) and I'm going to see what I can do about the neck then.

He doesn’t look anywhere near that good when it’s not professional lights and retouched images and an actual production piece instead of a prototype

4BC3D610-5157-4693-8605-46313F2F7FC5.jpeg

So now after watching IW and all the one liners from Drax, I am so hoping they revisit him for a Version 2. And not just with a different pair of pants. I mean upper torso and arms. That's all he needs. Headsculpt and the rest are fine.

I guess SDCC will be the event to see what they plan. Maybe there will be an IW Wave 2 with some more Black order and more "Good Guys". Then there is still GotG 3 coming. :pray: :pray:

Back