1/6 Hot Toys – MMS355 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even if they add a new headsculpt, I doubt they'd spring for a new body, and the outfit isn't too complicated. I could see Vol. 2 Drax coming out more quickly than the first one did.

They'll make a V2 one, and as other mentioned, he'll just feature a repainted body and sculpt, with some new pants and accessories. Actual improvements will likely come on an IW version.

Im new to collecting hottoys. Ive been collecting sideshow and doing 1/6 customs. I currently have all the guardians of the galaxy, BVS batman superman, tuxedo joker, zod and a sideshow catwoman with a phicen body. I love the hobby but i gotta say im so glad drax was not my 1st figure. I say that to say Drax is not of the same quality as any of those figures. He is by far my least favorite & the most expensive. (Japan import) this figure needed more work & if someone were to make a different headsculpt they'd make a fortune. If the version 2 is just a reloaded figure that would be a shame!

I highly doubt they're going to make another one, seeing as how this took a million years to release and nobody wants this in Hong Kong...

My Drax finally arrived after three weeks with customs.
IMG_1837.jpg

Just got an email from sideshow. Final payment on 6-6, they should ship 2 weeks from today. FINALLY.

just got my arrival notice for drax scheduled to be at ss on tues, june 6th.

so these scum bag thieves at ss are gouging $20.24 for shipping on this! so sick of the rip off shipping charges from these thieves!!

Unfortunately I missed out on Star Lord, but I'll get Vol 2 Deluxe version to compensate I guess. Still somewhat disappointed as I really liked the jacket and boots of the Vol 1 version. Anyway, that's hobby it is. Will be great to have the whole team though eventually with Drax once he arrives. Then just Yondu and Mantis for me and I'll be done.

My shipping's only $18.96!

Seriously, that's an insane amount to charge for shipping. The $20 off codes help, but they're not guaranteed. Pretty excited that this is finally coming in despite that.

looks great with the rest of the team!

I would actually agree with this.

I don't really feel this is a figure that would look good on its own; it looks fine displayed with the rest of the team though because you don't really focus on just the figure (since it's not the only one there) and focus on the entire group.

For anyone with Drax in hand, what are the shoulders like ? I've seen some pretty average photos with a large air gap at that point. Or is that just bad arm positioning ?

Instead of calling them "thieves", perhaps do an estimate first to see what the actual shipping would cost with UPS Ground.

Seriously, jumping to calling someone a thief that quickly? Wow..impulsive judgement..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Instead of calling them "thieves", perhaps do an estimate first to see what the actual shipping would cost with UPS Ground.

Seriously, jumping to calling someone a thief that quickly? Wow..impulsive judgement..

sorry, but once again you don't know what you are talking about.

so instead of posting an uneducated comment, do your research prior to posting.

so let me help educate you...

1st off, you don't get shipping estimates. your checkout page states "We are unable to provide an accurate ship quote for your order because it contains a pre-order item. " the little "info" dot on that message states that "item is in pre-production and we will email shipping costs prior to processing your order"

all fine and dandy... until you've paid a NRD only to find out that you've been charged a ridiculous price for shipping. so then either cancel the order once you get ripped off for shipping and loose your NRD... or eat it and get ripped off.

2nd, i've been buying from them for a long time. prices used to be $10 for a figure of this size and weight. which is on par and what it should run.

they get a discount on shipping. any large business that signs up w/ ups does. i know from people who work there, as well as discounts on shipping for my business if i use them.

i mailed a BD murphy robocop (diecast figure) with all the stock junk he came with in the large 2 pack box he came in AND the brown shipper... mailed it to northern california last week. cost me a little over $16 from my personal account that DOESN'T receive a discount. as i said... classic example of thieves and gouging because they know they can. so know what you are talking about please prior to posting. you're constant "father figure tone" bad advice that shows up too much on this board is not necessary.

And your condescension is a welcome addition?

Funny how you say there has been a lot of "negativity" in the boards in the premium section yet here you are....irony.

For the record, give me quantitative observations rather than vague "business deals" "I used to pay this" etc etc.

Im sure it's not that simple.
I'm sure UPS, as a company, would probably raised their prices too, to keep up their business.

Again, it's not that simple so perhaps give me something solid first before jumping to impulsive judgements.

Back