1/6 Hot Toys – MMS355 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Drax is in customs for the last 6 days :impatient:

mine too!!!!! ugh

jaymig, those pics are awesome. I agree that the torso is smaller than desired, but it really doesn't look all that bad from jaymig's pics. looks like he's still gonna fit in with my guardians just fine :)

...when he finally gets here :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it's a Billy! Thanks

Quality! Thanks! Hoping to have the same setup in mine but with all the volume 2 characters. Swapping groot for yondu, if hot toys make it. I was concerned, five figures would look crowded but that's looking ace!

Is it at all possible that vol. 2 drax will be different? It is possible. I'm torn on whether or not to order this or wait. I waited for vol2 Gamora which was VERY hard for me but when I saw her, I felt like I made the right choice.

But let's say they don't change Drax for vol 2 and instead they give us something neat with him. What if he was in a 2pack with Mantis? Would THAT make you guys feel better? See, I feel like maybe Hot Toys is becoming aware of the latest Drax problem and maybe they'll rectify it with the second one.

Is it at all possible that vol. 2 drax will be different? It is possible. I'm torn on whether or not to order this or wait. I waited for vol2 Gamora which was VERY hard for me but when I saw her, I felt like I made the right choice.

But let's say they don't change Drax for vol 2 and instead they give us something neat with him. What if he was in a 2pack with Mantis? Would THAT make you guys feel better? See, I feel like maybe Hot Toys is becoming aware of the latest Drax problem and maybe they'll rectify it with the second one.

Would you be buying the pack for Drax or Mantis in that case? If you need an incentive, such as another figure to get Drax, then you probably shouldn't force yourself to get it.

My surmise is that the V2 Drax will feature the same body and sculpt as V1, just repainted. It'll essentially be this figure will blue colored pants.

I finally caved. I ordered him from Sideshow. I'm tired of waiting for a volume 2 official reveal to see if he's better. I think this one is fine. I'm not blind, I know he's not as buff, but I've made my peace with it. Still a great headsculpt and looks like a fun figure of one of my favorite characters in the films.

I finally caved. I ordered him from Sideshow. I'm tired of waiting for a volume 2 official reveal to see if he's better. I think this one is fine. I'm not blind, I know he's not as buff, but I've made my peace with it. Still a great headsculpt and looks like a fun figure of one of my favorite characters in the films.

My sentiments as well.

Body leaves much to be desired, but the sculpt is awesome and I've waited for this figure long enough to add to the rest of my collection from the first film. If you have all the others, you almost have to get him to complete the team. Depending on how you pose it, I think some of the shortcomings of the body can be hidden. The more you flare the arms out, the more the oddly shaped body becomes more evident.

and then I got an email 5 mins ago about flex pay changing to June 5th...****

Received that notification also this evening.

What are some accessories you guys could see the vol.2 version coming with? The only thing I can see it having besides different pants would be the jetpack thing and a baby groot like how the other members of the team have had so far.

This figure appears to be grey skinned. I wonder if the Vol 2 might be green skinned instead.

He's gray in the movie iirc. James gunn has said he didn't want two green characters in the movie. I could be misremembering this stuff as I read it around the first movies release. But I think that's why mantis has normal skin color like her older appearances.

What are some accessories you guys could see the vol.2 version coming with? The only thing I can see it having besides different pants would be the jetpack thing and a baby groot like how the other members of the team have had so far.

Other than what you've already said, I'd like to see a Screaming head. Or even a laughing head?

It seems to be. I still haven't received any notice on when it will ship. Then again, I know they ship in batches anyways so...

My last flex payment was bumped from 5/15 to 6/15. Notice arrived shortly after midnight. For some reason I was actually surprised when I read it. Silly me.

I wouldn't be surprised, just sad. :( And so I guess same for me but since I'm not on flex, I don't get any kind of notice. I just have to wait.

Back