1/6 Hot Toys – MMS355 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will buy but disappointed he has those stupid joints ..makes it just look a action figure. Why not use the same method used on Gamorra?..looks so much better. May fill in seams myself and repaint.

I just ordered Gamora so Drax will be the final piece of the GoTG team I'll need. I bet I'll be able to get him for around $200 on eBay shortly after he's released and in-hand.

This guy is the reason I joined the forums in the first place. Desperately searching to see if the release was happening and/or possible. So happy to have the complete team in a few months! :)

Will buy but disappointed he has those stupid joints ..makes it just look a action figure. Why not use the same method used on Gamorra?..looks so much better. May fill in seams myself and repaint.

Do you have Gamora? Her arms are the worst, you have to leave them straight. I would like to bend this guys arms.

I have to agree, Gamora's arm construction is very sketchy. Right under the rubber? HTs used is the bare metal frame, if bent the from way it could easily tore thru, in my case anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have Gamora? Her arms are the worst, you have to leave them straight. I would like to bend this guys arms.

Yes..I have gamorra and it's a great figure. I don't plan on playing with these like action men so be happier if for the money we didn't get the ugly joints.

drax-guardians-of-the-galaxy-iron-studios-escala-110-366401-MLB20337401860_072015-F.jpg

There ya go. Even got a straight arm pose for ya! :wave

I know I know everyone is all about "HT quality" until its time to rip into every picture ever taken of a HT proto.

The iron studio Drax is nice. But I don't think it's as nice as hot toys.

And even though the hot toys does have visible joints they don't look that bad. I would have preferred seamless body but I'm ok this way.

My argument wasn't really that HT quality is better or worse than other companies. My argument was that if you don't find that articulation is really a concern with your figures then statues are probably right up your alley. Personally articulation isn't number one for me either, but I like to change up the poses on my figures in my displays fairly frequently. I like to think they'd be durable and capable enough to do that within reason.

So far there are still some issues from time to time with rubber armed figures. So while I appreciate that it looks more accurate to hide the joints. I don't feel the trade off is worth it.

Generally, I'll take accuracy over articulation any day. Ant-Man being a good example of this. However, I also like to switch up poses every now and then on some figures, so a statue wouldn't work for me.

close up shots are definitely not HT quality... the clothing isn't even mixed media, just sculpted.

some of us collect HT because they're generally, the best there is. the joints done here don't bother me, but I hate when people say "just collect statues."

For me that's exactly what hot toys are. They are premium formate figures, like sideshow makes..except these are actual figures. I see them as posable statues, as silly as that may sound. Some have more range of motion but for me, the articulation is of secondary concern. The overall appearance and quality is what I focus on. And there are very very few statues that are as good sculpting wise as hot toys, let alone the costume reproduction. These are essentially studio quality Maqs with articulation. It's crazy.

Back