1/6 Hot Toys – MMS355 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

I just picked up a Gamora off eBay for $185 shipped...already had Star Lord ex and the Groot/Rocket 2 pack.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

It's funny how people are scrambling for the other members now that Drax is being made.
I know Star Prince is sold out everywhere,Gamora is still available with her issues as is Rocket & Groot.

All I want to know from Howard is if they have plans to make the following:

Aldrich Killian (they mention him every time they announce something from Iron Man 3, it's kind of annoying they will make Trevor and not the actually villain, those tattoos would be cool)
Daredevil and Kingpin
Ronan
Hank Pym
Scott Lang
AoU Tony Stark

Aldrich Killian (they mention him every time they announce something from Iron Man 3, it's kind of annoying they will make Trevor and not the actually villain, those tattoos would be cool)
Daredevil and Kingpin
Ronan
Hank Pym
Scott Lang
AoU Tony Stark

I don't think they'll be doing Daredevil or Kingpin since they're from TV and not movies.
I'd also like to see Ronan made.
I'd like to see The Collector also made,he's been in couple of movies so far.

I still don't know why they made Thanos so soon instead of Ronan.

I still don't know why they made Thanos so soon instead of Ronan.

I want Ronan as well but making Thanos now probably guarantees double sales from some people (me included). Buy him now and again for Infinity Wars with the gauntlet.

I don't think they'll be doing Daredevil or Kingpin since they're from TV and not movies.
I'd also like to see Ronan made.
I'd like to see The Collector also made,he's been in couple of movies so far.

The other issue is it adds another company. They would have to negotiate and get rights from Netflix as well. Just adds more cost and time. Which given the lower audience makes it less probable.

Daredevil and Kingpin
Ronan
Hank Pym
Scott Lang
AoU Tony Stark

As for Howard doing an interview and answering the question of what's to come. If they have not announced having the license as is the case with daredevil they can't legally announce official plans to make it. And even if they could, given they don't have the license secured yet it would be bad to announce plans as it allows others to jump in(companies).

And the rest, if they have the license as with im3, it doesn't make any sense to announce plans. Becuase if it's not approved or doesn't get approved or something changes people get mad and say they lied and so on. They used to be a lot more upfront about those items but fan reaction and competition watching has had an effect on how they do things. Take 89 catwoman and penguin for example. They announced in an interview they had "plans" to make them. Then three competitors make a version. And when hot toys doesn't for whatever reason and announce no current plans people flip out. And in that space of time people continue to call them liars and other stuff, becuase they didn't release the figure yet.

There's just no real advantage to them answering these questions officially.

Mark said howard was too busy to interview :(

Thanks! I was curious about Ripley,Doc, Catwoman,Penguin and Arkham Joker... :(

I wished people would stop complaining !

Well that's complaining, and I wish people would stop complaining about complaining because their complaining is making me complain and its creating a never ending circle of complaining

:lol

Well that's complaining, and I wish people would stop complaining about complaining because their complaining is making me complain and its creating a never ending circle of complaining

You need a wish granted? :rotfl

touché

I like the red pants honestly, he used both the hadron collider and the rocket launcher while wearing them, so if it comes with both it will be screen accurate.

The other issue is it adds another company. They would have to negotiate and get rights from Netflix as well. Just adds more cost and time. Which given the lower audience makes it less probable.

As for Howard doing an interview and answering the question of what's to come. If they have not announced having the license as is the case with daredevil they can't legally announce official plans to make it. And even if they could, given they don't have the license secured yet it would be bad to announce plans as it allows others to jump in(companies).

And the rest, if they have the license as with im3, it doesn't make any sense to announce plans. Becuase if it's not approved or doesn't get approved or something changes people get mad and say they lied and so on. They used to be a lot more upfront about those items but fan reaction and competition watching has had an effect on how they do things. Take 89 catwoman and penguin for example. They announced in an interview they had "plans" to make them. Then three competitors make a version. And when hot toys doesn't for whatever reason and announce no current plans people flip out. And in that space of time people continue to call them liars and other stuff, becuase they didn't release the figure yet.

There's just no real advantage to them answering these questions officially.

To be honest, I don't think they give two flying farts about what people call them. So there's a few rouge fans that are few in numbers but loud and boisterous...so what. They'll still buy the product when it's made.

If they really cared about what people think, they would have better outreach with the collecting community. I agree it doesn't behoove them to make statements about figs that aren't in development but they don't make statements about much at all. Even at SDCC there's really no input about any of the new items being presented, let alone the ones only mentioned or shown a show or two ago.

They used to be a lot more upfront about those items but fan reaction and competition watching has had an effect on how they do things. Take 89 catwoman and penguin for example. They announced in an interview they had "plans" to make them. Then three competitors make a version. And when hot toys doesn't for whatever reason and announce no current plans people flip out. And in that space of time people continue to call them liars and other stuff, becuase they didn't release the figure yet.

In the case of the Batman Returns figures, they most certainly did lie.

They first officially stated that we would see figures launched in late 2012 with their 1/6 and 1/4 license announcement. Howard himself stated in interviews/QnAs that Batman and Penguin were being completed and would be shown in December of 2012. Hot Toys created the anticipation and disclosed the time frames. Catwoman and a 1/4 figure were up in the air, but Batman and Penguin were a certainty based on the info they chose to disclose.

image.jpg

Then 2012 came and went. Months became years, and people gave up on anticipating their line. Howard himself stated that their "hands were full because of other projects",

OSR.jpg

That was 2013. It took three years to state that they had no plans yet for Catwoman and Penguin (despite stating Penguin would be shown in 2012) and three and a half years for them to just put out a lone Batman 2 pack, with nothing else in sight. You make it sound like because they announced their "plans", competition like NECA and Tweeterhead came in and stole Penguin and Catwoman from them or something. That's not fair. Hot Toys have had plenty of time to get those characters out there but chose not too because of "other projects". God forbid another company pick up the slack while Hot Toys sits on their thumbs. The products in question, a 1/4 figure and a 1/6 statue aren't even compatible scales or mediums.

It is Hot Toys' own fault in regards to that particular line.

Last edited:
Back