1/6 Hot Toys – MMS355 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Don't get me started on the travesty that is....a lack of Fassneto. Ugh, i would pay $400+ for a 2 pack of McKellan/Fassbender Magnetos. Just too much with the likeness rights, etc I guess. I just want a magneto so badly. My second favorite villain.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Don't get me started on the travesty that is....a lack of Fassneto. Ugh, i would pay $400+ for a 2 pack of McKellan/Fassbender Magnetos. Just too much with the likeness rights, etc I guess. I just want a magneto so badly. My second favorite villain.

This is why there are no First Class figures or DOFP figures beyond Wolverine:

Marvel Shorting 'X-Men' Due To Fox Deal Means More For 'Avengers' And 'Guardians'

they should give us more gotg figures to make up for it :tap :gah:

YES...we need Taneleer Tivan!!!!

imagegsdfgd.jpg

This is why there are no First Class figures or DOFP figures beyond Wolverine:

Marvel Shorting 'X-Men' Due To Fox Deal Means More For 'Avengers' And 'Guardians'

That article is crap and I wish people would stop quoting it like its fact. It takes five seconds to prove the facts wrong. It says there is zero support for xmen merch wise.

Easy to prove wrong. If there is a single item then that article is wrong. Start with the DOFP wolverine from hot toys. Go to walmart. Last time this article came up as proof of why no xmen stuff I provided over 30 items currently for sale at Walmart that are xmen. That article is written by someone who saw a few pieces of news and concluded something without any actual facts to back it up. It's wrong. And crap

That article is crap and I wish people would stop quoting it like its fact. It takes five seconds to prove the facts wrong. It says there is zero support for xmen merch wise.

Easy to prove wrong. If there is a single item then that article is wrong. Start with the DOFP wolverine from hot toys. Go to walmart. Last time this article came up as proof of why no xmen stuff I provided over 30 items currently for sale at Walmart that are xmen. That article is written by someone who saw a few pieces of news and concluded something without any actual facts to back it up. It's wrong. And crap

I can't think of a single DOFP or FC toy that has come out aside from Minimates. Of course mates can make anything they want as long as they have the license. Celebrity sign off isn't required since they aren't likenesses due to the no noses. Wolverine and Wolverine 2 have/had toy lines though.

I can't think of a single DOFP or FC toy that has come out aside from Minimates. Of course mates can make anything they want as long as they have the license. Celebrity sign off isn't required since they aren't likenesses due to the no noses. Wolverine and Wolverine 2 have/had toy lines though.

How about DOFP hot toys wolverine. There's one. Not that hard.

The likeness issue is one caused by fox not marvel. Becuase fox failed to aquire the actors rights. That's not marvel screwing fox, that's fox acting like idiots. So, again, the article is crap.

It doesn't just say movie stuff. It says ALL xmen and wolverine licensed goods and brings up comics. That includes non movie merch. Becuase marvel does not control the movie likeness deals by itself. That is also on Fox and the individual actors. The things marvel has control over is the comic stuff. Walk down an isle at Walmart or target or Meijer or toys r us. Hundreds of xmen items.

Look at lines like the 3 3/4 marvel universe figures. Nearly every wave has multiple xmen characters. There's diamond select figures. Lego. Mini mates. Nerf wolverine claws. Electronic wolverine claws. 12 inch wolverine. Magneto helmet/mask. Professor X bank. Xmen belts and hats at hot topic and Spencer's. Hundreds of items. If marvel where doing what that article claims there would be ZERO support. The lack of product tie in for the films is because FOX opted not to aquire likeness rights for the actors...which means any merchandise would have to have at least three separate licensing deals (fox, marvel, and each actor). If they wanted to do more then one character that would mean at least four licensing deals. That's on FOX. Not marvel. The article makes it seem like marvel is killing wolverine in the comics to spite fox. Doesn't mention they are in fact killing everyone to reboot the whole universe. It's selective info taken out of context to make a crap article seem right.

Last edited:
Back