1/6 Hot Toys – MMS355 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

4kqt6ndT6tFBe.gif

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible ...

but he is being released :dunno
post-31074-J-Jonah-Jameson-laughing-gif-S-NWLY.gif

sorry, I couldn't resist...I hope I am wrong, but I have collected HT for a long time and history shows that the odds of getting a release this late are very, very slim.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible ...

sorry, I couldn't resist...I hope I am wrong, but I have collected HT for a long time and history shows that the odds of getting a release this late are very, very slim.
717qAGO.gif

You'll understand, when you see you'll understand

post-31074-J-Jonah-Jameson-laughing-gif-S-NWLY.gif

Really? So how is this to late?

Batman returns is like 30 years. Sleepy hollow 15. Commando 25. Whiplash from im2 is 8. In fact it's MUCH more likely that the figures are released 2 plus years after the film then it is in the 0-2 year window. Unless your "years" if collecting is somehow in a different or parallel universe you are mistaken. Out of the 325ish total prototypes hot toys has shown only like 5-10 have ever not been made.

I have a hard time understanding how you reached your conclusion.

717qAGO.gif

You'll understand, when you see you'll understand
I promise, I hope so. If he is release, I will publicly declare that I was wrong and will eat sour grapes.

I have a hard time understanding how you reached your conclusion.
I didn't say it was 'too late'. Hot Toys has pulled all mention of Drax from their Guardians lineup, has been very silent about a re sculpt, and has moved on to other projects. I didn't say he would never be released because I think he will once the 2nd movie comes out. I just think it is highly unlikely that he will come anytime soon. Hey, they eventually released Batman Returns and Avatar so it could happen sooner but if we don't see him as a SDCC EX or at least see MENTION of him at SDCC then it would look even less likely.
I asked Professor X to try and read Hot Toys' mind on a release date and they are wearing their Magento helm so it didn't work.
Hot-toys-X-Men-First-Class-Professor-X-1_1343395764.jpg

I think we both agree that it could happen in the future.
Hot-Toys-Prometheus-Teaser.jpg

hottoysripley2.jpg

Last edited:
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Iron Whiplash disappeared into oblivion before he resurfaced as a die cast...so hopefully Drax is coming back....

Professor X. :( That one still stings.

Fassbender magneto is my most wanted figure right now

I was all in for the whole team, but it would bug me to be missing Drax so dont own any.

In regards to if he will ever see the light of day, who knows, at least HT are pursuing crap like Tomorrow Land or whatever its called instead :rotfl

I was all in for the whole team, but it would bug me to be missing Drax so dont own any.

In regards to if he will ever see the light of day, who knows, at least HT are pursuing crap like Tomorrow Land or whatever its called instead :rotfl

I would like the whole team, shame though. I decided just get the ones available, and hope they start on Drax sometime in the future, just live in the moment for the Guardians lineup. If only both Ronan and Drax were available. I think he will be released after the second film, gives them the reason to sell more of the guardians sequel lineup.

I wonder if not releasing him is coming down to actor likeness and Bautista isn't approving. To me it makes no sense that this isn't or hasn't happened yet.

So this isn't out yet?:rotfl:rotfl

I wonder if not releasing him is coming down to actor likeness and Bautista isn't approving. To me it makes no sense that this isn't or hasn't happened yet.

I thought the prevailing opinion was that the studio weren't happy with the prototype and sent it back to be redone and that accounted for the delay? which would seem plausible since the promo was a bit of a dogs dinner.

Back