1/6 Hot Toys – MMS355 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

All of that political drama went right over my head in this movie. I thought Ronan was a weak villain and I wasn't really interested in what he was doing at all. I'd rather he not come back and they come up with something better

That's a rare opinion. Pretty good villain by MCU standards.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

id say the only good ones from MCU are Loki and winter soldier. Ronan was ok. Then there's vanko...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

id say the only good ones from MCU are Loki and winter soldier. Ronan was ok. Then there's vanko...

I agree TWS and Loki are definitely the best all the others are fine but those two rock

Loki is No1 imo
Then Winter Soldier, although not really a villain :lol

Ronan was menacing enough I thought but could have been developed more with a proper Kree Backstory

I thought Vanko was a great Villain but was under played in the final act

Loki is No1 imo
Then Winter Soldier, although not really a villain :lol

Ronan was menacing enough I thought but could have been developed more with a proper Kree Backstory

I thought Vanko was a great Villain but was under played in the final act

The studio butchered Vanko and the movie in general. In Theroux's original script, which was a pretty damn good DEMON IN A BOTTLE adaptation, Vanko's character is much more prominent. Rourke only agreed to play Vanko because of that script. When they started shooting Favreau was forced to shoot rewrites of it. Little by little the film went from DEMON IN A BOTTLE to an AVENGERS prequel. Favreau and Feige clashed on the set and out of respect for Favreau, Rourke agreed to remain on board despite the massive script overhaul.

Its a shame Favreau & Theroux didn't get to deliver their IRON MAN 2. Could have been a great film.

All of that political drama went right over my head in this movie. I thought Ronan was a weak villain and I wasn't really interested in what he was doing at all. I'd rather he not come back and they come up with something better

I guess I'm one of the rare ones then. I thought Ronan was the weakest Marvel villain yet, and I also thought that Lee Pace's portrayal was equally weak.

And when Ronan is referred to as a weak character, it has nothing to do with his power or abilities or even him being a terrorist. It is referring to the complete lack of depth to the character. We can talk about what his motivations might have been or secret plots by the Kree all day, but none of that made it to the screen, which, in my opinion left us with a fairly one dimensional, boring villain. I would have liked to have seen more. Especially with a character that has played a significant role in the Marvel Cosmic Universe.

I also think Ronan wasn't that great. I was much more interested in Nebula as a character.

Whenever people mention the best Marvel villains I don't see much mentioning of Alexander Pierce and Hydra (the true villains of the film) in TWS. I think they would be up there on my list. Not interesting as characters like Loki is, but very effective with clear motivations and relevancy in a political thriller type movie. Pierce may not have worn an actual mask, but he was a great villain.

So many pre orders :thud: :lol

:exactly: :panic: And it's only gonna get worse!! :lol I am gonna need a bigger sig soon...don't think I'll be able to cram Quicksilver and Drax onto mine!! :lol

If I preordered every figure that I want right now, I'd be looking at at 10K bill! That's just crazy and I may get my arse kicked if I was to spend that much within the next year on figures.

Right now I am going to settle with the Luke Skywalker I have on order already, pick up Gamora and AoU Captain America and preorder Drax. The others are going to be waiting for awhile, I just hope they don't all sell out locally in that time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I also think Ronan wasn't that great. I was much more interested in Nebula as a character.

Whenever people mention the best Marvel villains I don't see much mentioning of Alexander Pierce and Hydra (the true villains of the film) in TWS. I think they would be up there on my list. Not interesting as characters like Loki is, but very effective with clear motivations and relevancy in a political thriller type movie. Pierce may not have worn an actual mask, but he was a great villain.

I agree that Pierce is definitely underrated. For me the best villains are those I can see existing in the real world. Pierce was real. I liked Ronan because Gunn made him the cosmic Osama. He was a very great threat.

For me the Iron Man villains have been the weakest, along with Malekith and Yellowjacket.

So many pre orders :thud: :lol

Ugh, I know right? and I still have to save up to finish the payments for AOU Hawkeye, Mark III, and a freaking Power Girl PF.

I actually can't pre-order everything once they're up so I set myself up two lists; one for ones I definitely HAVE to preorder like WS Fury and Pietro and a wait till release list. XD

Ugh, I know right? and I still have to save up to finish the payments for AOU Hawkeye, Mark III, and a freaking Power Girl PF.

I actually can't pre-order everything once they're up so I set myself up two lists; one for ones I definitely HAVE to preorder like WS Fury and Pietro and a wait till release list. XD

I almost always pre order right away. But there are a couple I'm going to hold out for just to see if I really "need" them :lol

I have an arrow for that :lol

Just kidding, I can make you a sig if you want, PM me :D
I made mine, Darkangels, Y4NK33's, Natalie Rushman's and a few others :dance

Can I has a sig too!? :(

I still think Ultron has been MCU strongest villain, and his legacy is leaving a huge black mark on Tony Stark's legacy, which was even brought up in antman. So for me Ultron has been the most interesting, just because of how much its divided some of the avengers

Someone has got to give a head's up for us all here when Drax goes up for preorder on Sideshow. Definitely do not want to miss out.

Someone has got to give a head's up for us all here when Drax goes up for preorder on Sideshow. Definitely do not want to miss out.

The wait is paying off, and I thought it was to do with WWE rights has reason why he has not been released. With Rocket coming monday, got Gamora pre-ordered, and getting groot at then end of August, my guardians collection should be finished

I just hope we do not have to wait until next summer before he starts shipping

Back