Hot Toys – MMS272D08 – Iron Man 3: 1/6th scale Hot Rod (Mark XXII)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still trying to decide on this one. Should have picked it up from the get-go and it would have been done. Jumped on WL a few days late. Now trying to decide if ebay pricing is worth it. Unless it converts probably not at the moment.

This figure is def a keeper.

The previous exclusives Python and Midas were nice but could live without.

Is that a custom? The helmet on that one looks nothing like the promotional pictures & I'm not overly fond of that battle damage to the mouth area & side of the helmet. :(

It does not look like BD. it looks more like heat damage like a torch was pointed at it and melted part of the helmet and scorched the body and shoulder.

It does not look like BD. it looks more like heat damage like a torch was pointed at it and melted part of the helmet and scorched the body and shoulder.

That's what I was thinking too, unfortunately I don't know Chinese (Mandarin or the other dialect) so I cant confirm it. It's not a good looking bit of battle damage so hopefully it is a one off.

Mother of Christ, what happened to the head, upper torso and left shoulder on that thing? I'm trying to work out how exactly that damage could have been caused accidentally.

There's no chance it shipped from the factory like that, right?

Mother of Christ, what happened to the head, upper torso and left shoulder on that thing? I'm trying to work out how exactly that damage could have been caused accidentally.

There's no chance it shipped from the factory like that, right?

I've been hoping the same myself. Damn my lack of language skills..., think I'll have to send this video to my uncle in Hong Kong & ask him to translate it for me & hopefully put my mind at ease.

Actually he does mention on the video that he use firecracker to create the battle damaged look and only the head area and the body was damaged, the hands and leg however was not affected by the blast…hope this clear things up….

Actually he does mention on the video that he use firecracker to create the battle damaged look and only the head area and the body was damaged, the hands and leg however was not affected by the blast…hope this clear things up….

It does, but why the hell would he do that?

- Acquire expensive, exclusive, sought-after figure
- Blow it up with firecracker

1405453095318.jpg

Thank you very much. :)

Are folks getting their Sideshow orders in now, or is it just the internationals that are landing in hand? I recall I went on the WL for Python and it converted well after these were in hand. If SS fulfilment hasn't started or is still in progress there's still a chance of declines, cancellations and "found" stock.

No word from sideshow yet about mine.

Just realized... Perhaps I could trade this for a python... Any takers? :)

Are folks getting their Sideshow orders in now, or is it just the internationals that are landing in hand? I recall I went on the WL for Python and it converted well after these were in hand. If SS fulfilment hasn't started or is still in progress there's still a chance of declines, cancellations and "found" stock.

I imagine he's locked up or will be delayed at the port like everything else. So yeah waitlisters still have a shot. Especially with the delay there might be some folks who are ready to pay now but won't be come February.

Got my processing soon email on this. Last flex on Jan 10 so I assume I'll get charge on Monday 1/12. Will it ship that week that's the big question.

Back